Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Oh wait, we all are subjected to mutations as well :p That's part of life here on Planet Earth.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, I might be getting illegal....

The primary purpose of masking in public is to contain germs from possibly asymptomatic carriers. Masks with valves let the air out unfiltered so are nearly useless for this purpose. A simple cloth mask does a better job of containment than a valved N95, generally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The primary purpose of masking in public is to contain germs from possibly asymptomatic carriers. Masks with valves let the air out unfiltered so are nearly useless for this purpose. A simple cloth mask does a better job of containment than a valved N95, generally.

Wrong... The primary purpose I wear it in public is so I don't get Covid-19 so if I don't have it I can't spread it. :p

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Some are more equal than others I guess:

View attachment 60660

Pence refuses to mask up despite being told it was policy to do so. I guess he is blessed by God and has no need to protect himself or others.

Did he refuse? Shame on them for letting him in the building if it's a requirement and shame on him if he "refused" but not news if they insisted he enter the building without a mask.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Did he refuse? Shame on them for letting him in the building if it's a requirement and shame on him if he "refused" but not news if they insisted he enter the building without a mask.
We agree at least in part. He should not have been allowed in without the mask. However I can see them being intimidated by the VP who is in charge of the Covid response who flatly refused to mask. Sometimes politics wins out over common sense.

Let's be clear though: they (Mayo staff) didn't insist he enter without a mask. He insisted on going through with the visit unmasked so he could look them in the eyes (?!).

It's news because as the lead of our national response he should set a good example. But I don't expect a good example from him; he was my governor before my VP so I'm familiar with his nonsense.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Alternatively, drag him out into the street and hang him from the nearest lamp post and I guarantee you that NO ONE will ever again enter that building without a mask again smiley17.gif

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
How does Typhoid Tigey know he's not one of those abhorrent asymptomatic assweasels who aggregates death and anxiety as he accomplishes his daily assweasel agenda?
Well, you figure there are about 50% abhorrent asymptomatic assweasels in my area not wearing any mask. Then of the ones wearing a mask only 10%, if even that many, are wearing a mask that actually blocks Covid-19. So 95% of the peeps ain't doing nothing to protect themselves or anyone else. Yay, putting a bandana on is better than nothing but at least it looks kind of cool to look all gangsta while shopping.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
And/Or the Mayo clinic is also blind or profoundly stupid AND cowardly afraid to enforce their policy.
Cowardly and feeling pressured for sure. From the USA Today article:

In a since-deleted post, the Mayo Clinic's Twitter account said they had "informed @VP of the masking policy prior to his arrival today."

The Mayo Clinic posted later Tuesday that they were "grateful" for the visits to the clinic by Pence and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and looked "forward to continued collaboration to develop essential testing and treatment for our patients and communities."

I am sure they took it down under duress. Shame on Pence, but I also expected better of Mayo.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Cowardly and feeling pressured for sure. From the USA Today article:

In a since-deleted post, the Mayo Clinic's Twitter account said they had "informed @VP of the masking policy prior to his arrival today."

The Mayo Clinic posted later Tuesday that they were "grateful" for the visits to the clinic by Pence and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and looked "forward to continued collaboration to develop essential testing and treatment for our patients and communities."

I am sure they took it down under duress. Shame on Pence, but I also expected better of Mayo.

I guess based on your commentary you'd be one of those peeps feeling under duress....I mean, I know you can read minds and everything but maybe look in a mirror.

I'm with FuQn Qtm...hang all the mofos

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw one abhorrent asymptomatic assweasel wearing wide woven gauze several days ago. That's the gauze with the big wide fuQin' holes in it!
View attachment 60734

I was over in Orange County (next county over) yesterday and went into an international style supermarket. Sign on the door "all customers must wear a mask to shop here". Some dude without a mask walks in, then moonlighting police officer stops him and tells him to leave and points at the sign. I'm thinking...good for them and good on the police officer....but at the same time you know someones gonna walk in with panty hose over their head and he'll insist he's complying with the mask requirement. Or some arsehole could go to the store with this on and say he's wearing a mask.

1588268351295.png