Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Off Topic, but how's this for a change? :rofl:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
If we had new vaccines raised against the new mutations, it would be "possible" but likely impractical. New vaccines could be developed based on the process used for human vaccines that are nearing review and approval, but the cost is pretty high, even with the lower bar used for animal vaccines. Easier just to breed some new mink.
Do you think Biden will hold China accountable or continue to line his families pockets?

Edit: I forgot, you consider all that stuff Russian disinformation, sorry

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you think Biden will hold China accountable or continue to line his families pockets?

Edit: I forgot, you consider all that stuff Russian disinformation, sorry
Good question. Remind me, what reparations has Trump gotten so far from China and what is he expected to receive before he likely leaves office in January?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Good question. Remind me, what reparations has Trump gotten so far from China and what is he expected to receive before he likely leaves office in January?
Edit: I deleted my response to this after realizing it's the pandemic thread off the rails again.

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Edit: I deleted my response to this after realizing it's the pandemic thread off the rails again.
Okay. But I really honestly am curious what Trump has gotten from China so far, or what he would expect to get from China either in the near future or if he had a hypothetical second term.

This is an area of the pandemic that I haven't paid too much attention to, because I don't really understand how one country can go after another country just because a pandemic starts there. So for example if an ebola outbreak starts in one African country, do the other African countries seek reparations from where the outbreak started? It's really not something that I've considered strongly.

From what I understand, in Trump world, there are theories that China intentionally released the virus, but I don't give that any credence and I think most of the world doesn't either, but I'm still interested to know what Trump thinks he can get. Or from you guys what do you think we should get? it's a sincere question.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

I'm sure that there has been much discussion on the subject.

Did not China let 100s of Thousand to leave Wuhan to other parts of the world while restricting travel within their own country? Civilized countries have an obligation to protect all people of the world not just their own citizens, from an event like this. Also, did they not confirm through the WHO that there was no human to human transmission, roughly 15 days before Trump did the "racist" travel ban?

1,227,666 dead world wide as if 11/5/2020 at 7:20PST

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sure that there has been much discussion on the subject.

Did not China let 100s of Thousand to leave Wuhan to other parts of the world while restricting travel within their own country? Civilized countries have an obligation to protect all people of the world not just their own citizens, from an event like this. Also, did they not confirm through the WHO that there was no human to human transmission, roughly 15 days before Trump did the "racist" travel ban?

1,227,666 dead world wide as if 11/5/2020 at 7:20PST
Ok, but specifically what does holding them accountable look like to you?

An admission they should have done more to contain it? An apology? Some sort of financial renumeration? And if so who gets it? Survivors' families? Xi Jinping fucks a pangolin on live tv while eating a raw bat?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
If we expect accountability from China, what sort of accountability do we have to provide for our own irresponsible handling of it from the start? By playing down the virus, failing to implement a nationalized testing scheme, and scoffing at masks and other mitigation efforts, our govt massively contributed to the spread of the disease both here and abroad before we were banned from traveling to much of the world.

So for our own accountability, what should we do?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This wasn’t perpetrated by just one government

multiple countries got involved including bill gates

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
This wasn’t perpetrated by just one government

multiple countries got involved including bill gates
I'm sure Bill would be pleased to be referred to as a country...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Great, now we can minks to worry about

First the Bat, then the Pangolin, then the Mink

Still developing...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What's This? o_O

Code:
https://www.npr.org/2020/11/06/929078678/cdc-report-officials-knew-coronavirus-test-was-flawed-but-released-it-anyway