Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The new variant Omicron (O-micron) sounds like Oh My God!

Good News: Travel restrictions are in place, hopefully it wasn't too late

Wait till we get to the U Strain, I am going to call it;

The UNGABUNGA Variant, it will probably be the final nail in the coffin. :rofl:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember the panic about the "Delta" variant. Hair on fire, full panic mode and MSM in a tizzy. What happened to the "Delta" variant? We're all still here, for the most part other than the normal death rates we've seen previously, and even those are going down.

Does this sound familiar?

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I really hope we don't get to the U variant, or else everybody will be fed up and colloquially call the U Variant as the U-Moth3rf**ker variant :rofl:

Wait till we get to the U Strain, I am going to call it;

The UNGABUNGA Variant, it will probably be the final nail in the coffin. :rofl:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The earlier stories said they would call the new variant Nu, which would have made for some great communications funnies down the road. I'm reading now they decided to skip Nu and Xi.

.........Are you talking about the new variant? No I'm talking about the Nu variant. If the new variant Nu?........

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any theory on why South Africa?

Didn't I just see a post citing the low death rates in these countries? No doubt we will hear it is because of the low vaccination rate. Can't help but wonder if it came from Wuhan lab.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, Africa by and large missed Covid, heavy Ivermectin use for one… so kinda coincidental the new scary version shows up there first….
:rolleyes:

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I heard a researcher talking on the subject of ivermectin. He noticed that it appeared to be more effective in geographies with lower levels of hygiene/sanitary sewer systems. Basically third world countries.

To make a long story short, his research suggested that ivermectin was treating secondary issues related to poor sanitary conditions which in turn improved the ability of the patient to fight off covid. Solve underlying problems and the body is better able to battle covid.

If you are not suffering from an underlying infection, ivermectin is not likely to benefit you in the treatment of covid.

Seems pretty logical to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I heard a researcher talking on the subject of ivermectin. He noticed that it appeared to be more effective in geographies with lower levels of hygiene/sanitary sewer systems. Basically third world countries.

To make a long story short, his research suggested that ivermectin was treating secondary issues related to poor sanitary conditions which in turn improved the ability of the patient to fight off covid. Solve underlying problems and the body is better able to battle covid.

If you are not suffering from an underlying infection, ivermectin is not likely to benefit you in the treatment of covid.

Seems pretty logical to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im sure it can’t hurt, but there are dozens of other studies, including now Japan, showing that it has a substantial efficacy. There are even studies by the US NIH showing this. Go back over the last 50 or so pages of this thread to find the links.. very little doubt that it helps, other than inside the US government and the boardrooms of Pfizer and Moderna

There are more than 60 studies showing Ivermectin efficacy
A five-day course of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 may reduce the duration of illness - PubMed

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me
Time to go back to the f**king bunker :angry:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I just farted while watching this :( I had to let a slow one rip, sorry