Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unless they decide to buy equities...

I think the problem is they can't buy their way out of this. Its both a demand and supply side issue and the market, as the market usually does, swings too fa/too fast in both directions. I think it'll be 2-4 weeks before they really start having an understanding on how to price things again.
Unknown must be more known to price, else volatility

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Who here is buying all the toilet paper? Speak up, NOW! :lol:

Just for laughs,

1584314669059.png

1584314686278.png

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sure garden hoses are still in stock pun intended
Sounds like people are having way too much funny in the supermarket, I mean sounds like the raccoons when they're mating out / calling out their soulmate at night

1584314895103.png

1584315015637.png

f1d017f1-812f-4a0f-b482-b9dd8a034450_desktop.gif

Down to 5 rolls of toilet paper! It's going to be CHAOS@@@!!!!

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Seriously? A repository of idiocy

At least they took the right action against this fellow,

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
To be frank, that's a good idea ;) Everybody should follow suit (even if that includes shutting down the whole country; sounds excessive, but the draconian exercise will benefit us all at the end)

Gov here in IL just banned all dine in at restaurants and bars for 2 weeks. Carryout only.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone is following directions, in the meantime I haven't disinfected my keyboard and mouse in weeks :lol:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What's your temperature?
TBH, part of the problem is if you have a mild dose, you don't necessarily have all the symptoms. I'm off work with a viral infection. I didn't have a temperature although I had the same feeling and felt as ill as if I did. I personally, doubt I've had anything other than a strange virus - the combination of symptoms was very strange. However, my doctor saw me and straight away diagnosed a viral infection and banned me from going to work for a week. Must admit, although I go out very little normally, it's been very hard not leaving the house except to the outside bin.

For those above who said good luck stopping them going out, the next step inevitably if spreading continues will be a house arrest style ban. If that gets broken, then probably the National Guard and Marshal law.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with a viral infection last month. If it happens to me again, I'll make sure to isolate myself regardless. The problem is the current state of sensitivity. If you're in doubt, check with your physician before making things worse. :)

TBH, part of the problem is if you have a mild dose, you don't necessarily have all the symptoms. I'm off work with a viral infection. I didn't have a temperature although I had the same feeling and felt as ill as if I did. I personally, doubt I've had anything other than a strange virus - the combination of symptoms was very strange. However, my doctor saw me and straight away diagnosed a viral infection and banned me from going to work for a week. Must admit, although I go out very little normally, it's been very hard not leaving the house except to the outside bin.

For those above who said good luck stopping them going out, the next step inevitably if spreading continues will be a house arrest style ban. If that gets broken, then probably the National Guard and Marshal law.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
THIS is what we risk at work....

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Australia...

Things are really ramping up here.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Before the coronavirus, i used to cough to hide a fart, now i fart to hide a cough. Sorry guys, just had to do. Just couldn't hold it anymore :(

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

WTF is wrong with these people...can someone put together a public service announcement that TP does not stop Corona and if you get Corona the TP ain't gonna cure it.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

Do You think if the media said a few weeks ago that there would be a run on hand sanitizer and Q-Tips that the q-tips would be sold out and plenty of toilet paper?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Lemme guess...the latest store flyers probably don't have TP advertised as being on sale. :rofl: