Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
This video exceeds my attention span and available time. I'll report what I think I heard from the first 20 minutes, totally open to correction.

• The technology exists for a very inexpensive covid test that can be administered at home and gives fast results.
  • It's very insensitive compared to the approved tests, but certainly better than no test at all.
  • The low cost would allow a massive testing base, and daily testing would be feasible.
  • Even with the low sensitivity, somebody who is a candidate to spread the virus would likely get a positive report.
  • In the currently regulatory environment, there's no incentive for anybody to manufacture these tests.

Assuming the technical info is correct, I think there are two reasons this test will not be allowed:
1. Governments would lose a capability to track and control people.
2. Nothing in it for big pharma profits.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Why can't we accept that we won't be number one in every category? Russia claims having the first vaccine. Who want's to fly with me to Russia? :rofl:
I hear the Russian dolls are Russian dolls ;)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
In the US, big-a$$ corporations decide what is best for its people. In Russia, Putin decides what is best for his people. Forget about the Space Race. Its about the Vaccine Race now; and if Russia can prove its safety and efficacy, the Kremlin should be crowned. ;)
In the US, everyone is preoccupied with a plethora of various issues. These distractions (especially the lack of maturity) will only bog this nation down further.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The USA is no longer a breathing ground; it is a breeding ground if you know what I mean ;)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Director-General had to get approval before making these remarks ;)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Director had to get approval from Xi before making these remarks ;)