Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a sober article on the state of affairs re: COVID-19:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Not to worry, Biden's CCP Virus team has apparently announced that if/when a vaccine becomes available it will be distributed to the rest of the world first and the US last. Way to go, Joe!
What fake news source is saying this? I have a feeling things are being misinterpreted or taken out of context much like that stuff BigRedFish posted yesterday.

Also, I would expect the vaccination program to already be up and running before Christmas, presuming the safety review of the Pfizer data goes well at end of this month.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What fake news source is saying this? I have a feeling things are being misinterpreted or taken out of context much like that stuff BigRedFish posted yesterday.

Also, I would expect the vaccination program to already be up and running before Christmas, presuming the safety review of the Pfizer data goes well at end of this month.

My post included Fauicis own words, not mine. Basically saying the pcr test results being given to those being tested are binary when in fact they’re anything but

“Joining the hosts of This Week in Virology in July, Fauci directly responded to a question about COVID-19 testing, specifically how patients with positive tests might determine whether or not they are actually infectious and need to quarantine.

“What is now sort of evolving into a bit of a standard,” Fauci said, is that “if you get a cycle threshold of 35 or more … the chances of it being replication-[competent] are minuscule.”

“It’s very frustrating for the patients as well as for the physicians,” he continued, when “somebody comes in, and they repeat their PCR, and it’s like [a] 37 cycle threshold, but you almost never can culture virus from a 37 threshold cycle.”

So, I think if somebody does come in with 37, 38, even 36, you got to say, you know, it’s just dead nucleotides, period.”

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes those are his words, but the article was pretty misleading. I'm too busy with work today to get into it but will return to this when I have time.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been reading more from AP. It seems to be balanced and non-sensationalized.

I should go there more.

A ton of news sites are nothing but relinking to AP anyway; it has a lot of the journalists who actually report on the real news.

As it is I ignore almost everything people link these days unless it's from a genuine news site (including the biased, but ostensibly accountable MSM). I've seen so many garbage urls pop up that are nothing but bullhorns for their respective political side. They are not worth a damn. This election has brought all of them out of the wood work. So many incomprehensible claims of fraud. i wish some were true, but all seems so bogus even on their face--and indeed are.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
"accountable" and "MSM" in the same sentence??? Wow, someone is sure filled up on the Kool-Aid...

"So many incomprehensible claims of fraud. i wish some were true, but all seems so bogus even on their face--and indeed are. " <-- I see we have a 5th Ultra Lib here...

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
"accountable" and "MSM" in the same sentence??? Wow, someone is sure filled up on the Kool-Aid...

"So many incomprehensible claims of fraud. i wish some were true, but all seems so bogus even on their face--and indeed are. " <-- I see we have a 5th Ultra Lib here...
I know I'm talking to a brick wall but if you were not so far down the rabbit hole you would realize I'm talking exactly, precisely about mindsets like yours.

This fraud stuff with the election is why democrats are laughing at you. I am a registered republican. i wanted trump to win, not because he's not a buffoon (he is, always has been), but because the democratic party is totally off the rails.

However, I expected he would lose, and he did. Why? Because I don't rely on breitbart and gatewaypundit as my primary source of lies--I mean news. Now a week later you guys have exactly nothing when it comes to any degree of fraud that would swing the election. You're embarrassing yourselves and look precisely like the democrats did chasing down the russiagate nonsense. Exactly the same.

If it makes you feel better you can call me an "ultra lib". I genuinely feel sorry for some of you guys because you never saw Trumps obvious loss coming. Why? Because you live in an echo chamber, devoid of any objectivity. And now that he's lost you're lashing out.

What this loss should have done is encourage some of you to question where you get your information. Instead you're even further into the matrix. Sadly this does not surprise me, either. I would say at least half the country is irreparably under the spell of confirmation bias and lacks any and all critical thinking skills.

PS - look up the word "ostensible"

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Haha, the "brick wall" tries to tell me what I should believe, who I should believe, and how I should believe... Embarrassing myself?? You mean, you are a registered RINO... And the 5th person has made the ignore list. Aren't ignore lists great?

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Haha, the "brick wall" tries to tell me what I should believe, who I should believe, and how I should believe... Embarrassing myself?? And the 5th person has made the ignore list. Aren't ignore lists great?
Classic brick wall response :rofl: And blocking any interference on his preconceived thoughts. Textbook.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score

The fake news source, and in this case I agree that the source is indeed a fake news outlet, was a video from CNN of an interview with one of the 13 members of Bidens CCP Virus "task force".

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I know I'm talking to a brick wall but if you were not so far down the rabbit hole you would realize I'm talking exactly, precisely about mindsets like yours.

This fraud stuff with the election is why democrats are laughing at you. I am a registered republican. i wanted trump to win, not because he's not a buffoon (he is, always has been), but because the democratic party is totally off the rails.

However, I expected he would lose, and he did. Why? Because I don't rely on breitbart and gatewaypundit as my primary source of lies--I mean news. Now a week later you guys have exactly nothing when it comes to any degree of fraud that would swing the election. You're embarrassing yourselves and look precisely like the democrats did chasing down the russiagate nonsense. Exactly the same.

If it makes you feel better you can call me an "ultra lib". I genuinely feel sorry for some of you guys because you never saw Trumps obvious loss coming. Why? Because you live in an echo chamber, devoid of any objectivity. And now that he's lost you're lashing out.

What this loss should have done is encourage some of you to question where you get your information. Instead you're even further into the matrix. Sadly this does not surprise me, either. I would say at least half the country is irreparably under the spell of confirmation bias and lacks any and all critical thinking skills.

PS - look up the word "ostensible"

I read at least a dozen "news sources" each day. Some conservative, some liberal.

I do believe there was an extraordinary amount of fraud with this election. Will it turn out to be enough to flip it? probably not. Should Trump challenge it with what we know so far, sure. Just like Gore did for 45 days, but not near as bad as the 4 year outright attempt to overturn the last election.

No its not even close to the same as the lie of Russiagate. That has been proven to be based on misleading information actually created and manufactured by certain figures who were loyal to Obama. This is a search for evidence. None is being manufactured. Time will tell, they dumped 250 signed affidavits today on Michigan, there is more being found as we speak. What "proof" exactly will satisfy you? Or is a headline proclamation on the NYT front page good enough to call it a day for you?.

70 million+ votes isnt exactly a small echo chamber sampling, and yes it has encouraged me to be even more suspect of CNN, MSNBC, NYT and WaPo to name a few.

We're honored to have such an esteemed arbiter of the truth such as yourself here.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a search for evidence. None is being manufactured.
Serious? Most of these fraud claims are manufactured. Simply fabricated from thin air by people looking to stir things up.

Here are just a few. And many of these were widely circulated: Here Are The (Debunked) Voter Fraud Claims Trump And His Supporters Are Spreading

As I said most of these are so obviously fake it's shameful they are even circulated at all. The registered voter one was extremely easy to debunk, for example. Another one that was clearly smeared in BS and I knew it the second I saw the heading was this one about watermarks.

Or is a headline proclamation on the NYT front page good enough to call it a day for you?
Yep that would probably do it.

70 million+ votes isnt exactly a small echo chamber sampling
I didn't say republicans are all in an echo chamber. Just a large number of them. A large number of democrats are, too. Many republicans like to think themselves the enlightened party but I see them as equally confounded by endless logical fallacies. Both parties are truly inundated by low-brow thinkers who wouldn't know how to objectively question what they are told if it was beaten into them.

We're honored to have such an esteemed arbiter of the truth such as yourself here.
You are quite welcome.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If a NYT headline is good enough for you, we're not on the same side. So YOU are the ONE who gets to pick the Authentic News sources? Man we've been looking all over for you

And dont start with the Kumbaya unity we're all Americans BS. Of course we're all Americans or we wouldn't care.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Dr. Fauci Told the Truth About COVID-19 Tests in July and Has Been Misleading the Public Ever Since

One of the most frustrating aspects of COVID-19 coverage has been the emphasis on “cases,” reinforced by Dr. Anthony Fauci. In fact, he was wringing his hands about rising “case” numbers on CNN in early October. These numbers are actually positive tests. The New York Times and several experts admitted in late August that up to 90% of positive PCR tests were not indicative of the active illness that could be transmitted to others.
OK, I'm swamped with work and family stuff but wanted to take a minute to dig into this. As often happens with these opinion column publications, they take some actual facts (like the interview with Fauci over the summer), and spin it into something it's not.

Let's start with the title:

"Dr. Fauci Told the Truth about COVID -19 Tests in July" --this part is fine :)

"and Has Been Misleading the Public Ever Since" -- this is the part I disagree with.

So, YES, there was a lot of discussion over the summer that the way PCR tests are done can detect virus leftovers that are no longer viable. They also can detect relatively new infections that will be viable, as well as active infections that are a problem.

I talked to some doctors about this (liberals and conservatives!) and they all said the same thing. They wish that there was a quick test widely available that could tell if someone is infectious, today, such as the much discussed strip tests, but until those are available in the wild they ALL wanted the PCR test to remain super sensitive. One guy said he would rather have 10 "false positives" (note the quotes) rather than one false negative. The extra positives don't potentially kill anyone. And the "false positives" aren't false at all, they just mean an infection is on the way in or has already run its course, but that person still should know that they have/had the virus so they can figure out who they have been in contact with.

The article makes a fuss of the "up to 90%" might be not indicative of active transmissible illness, but in reality it is a much lower number. You have to be looking at some very select populations to get there... I don't have NYT access so can't read the source article right now.

It also goes on about the FDA knowing about the "glitch" of picking up old nonviable RNA... it's not a glitch. It's how PCR works.

They go on about the Ct score but the reality is that sampling differences can easily result in a three point Ct differential. Get a light sample due to a lot of these self-administered drive through test samplings happening very tentatively by the (potentially) sick person and a 34 active infection becomes a 37 "might be non-active" reading. Without knowing details of the sampling, and end user or even doctor can't tell where the cutoff should be (35? 37? 39?) for any one individual's test.

Moving on: This sentence suggests the US under Fauci's guidance is doing something aberrant: "why are labs in the United States still using up to 40 Ct. as the standard when it appears the right Ct is somewhere between 30 and 35? " Actually the worldwide standard is 40. Just about everywhere uses the same threshold, for the reasons I detailed above.

The test ain't great, but it's not Fauci's fault.

Fauci isn't misleading us when he expresses concern about the rising case counts. If you get a positive test, whether you HAVE an active infection now or HAD one and are over it, at some point you are/were infectious and need to figure out who you might have transmitted it to. Shit's hitting the fan quickly. It's not a few cities or rural enclaves that are spiking now... it's a wide ranging increase just about everywhere.

At the bottom there's a link to another article:

1605134152537.png

For gosh sakes, read what's happening in UTAH of all places:

So, the article BigRedFish posted had plenty of facts in it, arranged as a Fauci / Biden hit-job.

I'm trying to mostly stay out of the election stuff, as it gets too toxic and I haven't posted in that thread other than to thank BigRedFish for something nice he said of me, but here is a good wrap up of facts around many of the nuisance complaints around the election:

Have a good evening folks.