Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
See where Governor Cuomo admits that 53% of the "cases" occurred during the "lock down"? Interesting how well that worked. Then we can look at the messes in Europe where "they did everything right compared to the US".
Nobody did everything right except maybe Australia came close. It takes 4-6 weeks to break the infection cycle so it's no surprise so many of NY infections happened during lockdown. It's just a fact, not an "admission" that sounds suspect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If a NYT headline is good enough for you, we're not on the same side. So YOU are the ONE who gets to pick the Authentic News sources? Man we've been looking all over for you

And dont start with the Kumbaya unity we're all Americans BS. Of course we're all Americans or we wouldn't care.
What source headline is enough for you?

For the past week the most ardent Trump supporters have promoted so much BS that its taint is on everything, such that even things that might have a nugget of truth have the stink to them. With no credibility left among this "omg fraud, let's retweet it!" crowd, nobody will believe anything they say (Boy who cried wolf effect).

If you actually clicked that link I gave you at Forbes it will be impossible to deny the fact that there have been numerous fabrications promoted aggressively by people who evidently skipped every class in school in which their teacher spoke on the merits of questioning the source. And like good little lemmings they march right off the cliff of whomever made up the new story. Sharpies, watermarks, more votes than registered voters. All garbage. All just making people promoting it look more pitiful and desperate. Exactly like the Russiagate crowd.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Lockdowns don't entirely work, but C'mon Karen, Please...Wear a Mask, and Thank You ;)

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
My county school district is preparing to switch the schools to all virtual if the exponential case trend doesn't abate quickly. There is also a lot of concern about college students returning from campus to the community, as most colleges had planned to be virtual between Thanksgiving and the start of the next semester.

Our Governor FINALLY is starting to re-implement some capacity restrictions based on the disaster that's unfolding. Our COVID-19 deaths per day is now about to overtake the April spike (~40/day in Indiana) and ICU space occupied by COVID-19 patients is now 30%, the highest we have seen since this all started. We are less than one doubling away from maxing out statewide hospital capacity, and based on trends that will happen within the next two weeks. Even if we went to full lockdown today, we could easily max out capacity before getting this under control.

Meanwhile, Trump of course is wasting time with frivolous and unsubstantiated lawsuits. Slowing down the transition to the Biden administration is an act of sedition; every day delayed will make the new administration less ready to take over in January.

Seeing a lot of the commentary here, I'd like to say I understand what the Trump supporters are feeling. I went through the same shock and sadness four years ago. We thought there must be some sort of mistake or fakery. But the difference is what our leadership did. We voted on the 8th. Clinton conceded in the wee hours of the 9th when it was clear she didn't have the votes to win in the EC. Obama immediately started the transition process and invited Trump to the WH on the 10th. Hillary was more of a man in that moment than Trump ever was.

Our government needs to recognize we are in a crisis that is worsening daily and get back to the substance of managing the crisis.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I am beginning to realize the lack of updates from DC. Yes we have a vaccine that is beginning to roll out but won't do any good at the present moment, as not everyone will be getting it on the same day. Staying quiet is not going to help. People need to remain calm and that is only possible under leadership. Yes, the election is also raising concerns, but addressing the pandemic takes precedence, which is why the election should have been delayed. This is all hypocrisy, voters lined up, lack of social distancing, people with COVID allowed to vote on Election Day, I mean C'mon Man, is the human population getting stupider by the hour? It doesn't add up. Either the numbers are being exaggerated or world leaders don't care.

My county school district is preparing to switch the schools to all virtual if the exponential case trend doesn't abate quickly. There is also a lot of concern about college students returning from campus to the community, as most colleges had planned to be virtual between Thanksgiving and the start of the next semester.

Our Governor FINALLY is starting to re-implement some capacity restrictions based on the disaster that's unfolding. Our COVID-19 deaths per day is now about to overtake the April spike (~40/day in Indiana) and ICU space occupied by COVID-19 patients is now 30%, the highest we have seen since this all started. We are less than one doubling away from maxing out statewide hospital capacity, and based on trends that will happen within the next two weeks. Even if we went to full lockdown today, we could easily max out capacity before getting this under control.

Meanwhile, Trump of course is wasting time with frivolous and unsubstantiated lawsuits. Slowing down the transition to the Biden administration is an act of sedition; every day delayed will make the new administration less ready to take over in January.

Seeing a lot of the commentary here, I'd like to say I understand what the Trump supporters are feeling. I went through the same shock and sadness four years ago. We thought there must be some sort of mistake or fakery. But the difference is what our leadership did. We voted on the 8th. Clinton conceded in the wee hours of the 9th when it was clear she didn't have the votes to win in the EC. Obama immediately started the transition process and invited Trump to the WH on the 10th. Hillary was more of a man in that moment than Trump ever was.

Our government needs to recognize we are in a crisis that is worsening daily and get back to the substance of managing the crisis.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Clinton conceded in the wee hours of the 9th when it was clear she didn't have the votes to win in the EC.

Hillary was more of a man in that moment than Trump ever was.

Sure she did. She wrote an entire book claiming the election was stolen from her. She's been questioning the results for 4 years. Trump's been at it for a week.

20201112_075117.jpg

Reaction score

So how is that koolaid tasting these days? Probably pretty good I would guess, if your writing is any proof of it.

And you actually admit to voting for 'Hlllary' and the Clinton Crime Syndicate? Good for you.

Lets not forget how long Al Gore took....there is a process, and no matter how much you liberals scream, the process needs to be carried out. I know you liberals could care less about laws as long as they are on your side...you are good with it. If not, 'We have to change them now!!!' Blah, blah, blah.

'More of a man then President Trump ever was.' ANYTHING you had to say, to me is now irrelevant because of this statement.

Have a great 4 years of taxes going up, incomes going down, freedoms being taken away, rampant illegal immigration, 2nd Amendment trashing, and China raping our economy again. Yeah, you won, but America lost. Covid? Like this old dementia laden fool will do anything about it, but ruin our economy and increase unemployment. Well done Demontards. Well done.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Everybody should be leading by example. Wear a Mask people :p Trump is not wasting time

So how is that koolaid tasting these days? Probably pretty good I would guess, if your writing is any proof of it.

And you actually admit to voting for 'Hlllary' and the Clinton Crime Syndicate? Good for you.

Lets not forget how long Al Gore took....there is a process, and no matter how much you liberals scream, the process needs to be carried out. I know you liberals could careless about laws as long as they are on your side...you are good with it. If not, 'We have to change them now!!!' Blah, blah, blah.

'More of a man then President Trump ever was.' ANYTHING you had to say, to me is now irrelevant because of this statement.

Have a great 4 years of taxes going up, incomes going down, freedoms being taken away, rampant illegal immigration, 2nd Amendment trashing, and China raping our economy again. Yeah, you won, but America lost. Covid? Like this old dementia laden fool will do anything about it, but ruin our economy and increase unemployment. Well done Demontards. Well done.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure, but her criticism of Trump wasn't based on kicking down the pillars of our voting system. She didn't drag out recounts, didn't allege fraud, and didn't ask for the GSA to hold up the transition.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sure, but her criticism of Trump wasn't based on kicking down the pillars of our voting system. She didn't drag out recounts, didn't allege fraud, and didn't ask for the GSA to hold up the transition.

No recounts demanded by Clinton, you say?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
And before you jump on the part where Trump calls it a scam, remember there was no evidence of fraud shown by them at the time, unlike the many examples shown now.

From the article.

'But, in a post on Medium, Marc Elias, the campaign's counsel, said the campaign's own investigation has not uncovered any evidence of hacking of voting systems.
In the campaign's most detailed comments to date on the recount, Elias wrote that while the campaign was not going to contest the results itself, it has decided now to take part in the effort to "ensure that it is fair to all sides."

Hmm, it was ok for them to ensure it is fair to all sides, but its not ok now.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
It's one thing to express concern about potential malfeasance, it's another thing entirely to hold up the transition process while things are looked into.

It sure is interesting... Note how his team tried to have the PA results thrown out. I'd like to see him try that in Georgia which was a closer race. But it won't happen because the Ga voters might not take kindly to it and there are Senate run offs coming up.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Who is holding up the transition? He's free to do whatever he needs to do. The Trump campaign has said this. Biden is selecting positions for his administration. They are already meeting with foreign governments, an act the Trump campaign was scolded for 4 years ago. Hypocrisy at its finest, right?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Who is holding up the transition? He's free to do whatever he needs to do. The Trump campaign has said this. Biden is selecting positions for his administration. They are already meeting with foreign governments, an act the Trump campaign was scolded for 4 years ago. Hypocrisy at its finest, right?
Trump is preventing the GSA from working with the Biden team and has expressly forbid members of his administration from begining the transition discussions. The GSA us responsible for funding a lot of the transition and enabling the nuts and bolts of old and new administration members working together.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Its no different than in 2000 when there was no winner yet. No one had conceded. The GSA needs the letter of ascertainment that someone has won/conceded before proceeding.

Trump is not preventing them from doing anything. That statement is misleading. By law, they are not allowed to start the process until there is a clear winner, which there is not.