Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this, my son's future wife, who works for a major hospital, is very upset, along with many other workers, knowing they are going to be FORCED to take the UNAPPROVED Shot...
Hi @David L

".. my son's future wife, who works for a major hospital, is very upset, along with many other workers, knowing they are going to be FORCED to take the UNAPPROVED Shot.. "

if it is an issue of unapproved vs approved shot, she has an option now of a fully FDFA approved shot.

FWIW - The Pfizer / BioNtech vaccine has full FDA ( USA ) approval now for those 16 and older

to me, if you've already recovered from Covid-19 you should have some good natural "immunity" ( resistance is more appropriate as often people when they think immunity they are thinking 100% immunity.. )

( fwiw - I have a relative who has the same concerns about blood clots .. unfortunately, based on the data I have seen - the risk of blood clots is higher with Covid-19 when you compare it to the mRNA vaccines - which only produce the spike proteins without the "crown" structure .. it's that crown structure and the ACE2 receptors in the blood which are related to the blood clots )

Real question. I know I'm slow, but I just can't figure this one out.
  1. The jab supposedly reduces, but does not eliminate, by a long shot, your chances of getting the virus.
  2. The jab supposedly reduces, but does not eliminate, by a long shot, you spreading the virus.
  3. The jab supposedly significantly reduces your symptoms and severity of symptoms.
If we assume those three things are true, why mandate it? The CDC and others apparently recommend even folks who have been double jabbed wear a mask indoors, obviously for fear of spreading and catching it, so items 1 & 2 are true.

Any real ideas on the thought process? Or am I just being too logical for the idjits we call politicians in DC?
Hi @TVille

The Delta variant changed the game significantly, the prior variants were not as effective in their binding to the ACE2 receptor.

Yes, the better vaccines do a good job .. better to have the vaccination than not vs SARS-CoV-2 ( Wuhan virus )

Those who have been vaccinated, and those who have recovered ( natural "immunity" / "resistance" ) do much better with regards to severe outcomes due to SARS-CoV-2 exposure.

1. The jab supposedly reduces, but does not eliminate, by a long shot, your chances of getting the virus. hospitalized. ( exposure is still there, just a question of how your body responds to it .. )
  2. The jab supposedly reduces, but does not eliminate, by a long shot, you spreading the virus. ( with delta this is less so )
  3. The jab supposedly significantly reduces your symptoms and severity of symptoms.

This Paragraph stopped me in my tracks, so about 60% is Vaxxed. But what I am confused about is Blood Donors, so 95% of U.K's adults has COVID antibodies? Or just from Donors?

View attachment 101259
Blood donors .. they are assuming imho that is an accurate representation of the population. I would argue it is not.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The UK report clearly shows the vaccines used and approved in the UK have shown to be effective
( thanks for that link @Rob2020 )

Effectiveness against symptomatic disease
Vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic COVID-19 has been assessed in England
based on community testing data linked to vaccination data from the NIMS and from the
COVID Infection Survey. Current evidence is primarily from older adults, who were
among the earliest group vaccinated. Estimates of vaccine effectiveness range from
around 55 to 70% after 1 dose, with little evidence of variation by vaccine or age group
(3, 4, 5). Data on 2 doses is indicates effectiveness of around 65 to 90% (3, 6).

Offer of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines to adults aged under 40 years began
on 10 May 2021. Early estimates of effectiveness of a single dose of either vaccine
indicate a vaccine effectiveness of around 60% after 1 dose of the Pfizer vaccine and
around 70% (95% CI: 46 to 86%) after 1 dose of the Moderna vaccine (week 26 Vaccine
Surveillance Report).

Data suggest that in most clinical risk groups, immune response to vaccination is
maintained and high levels of VE are seen with both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca
vaccines. Reduced antibody response and vaccine effectiveness were seen after 1 dose
of vaccine among the immunosuppressed group, however, after a second dose the
reduction in vaccine effectiveness is smaller (7).
COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report – week 36
Analyses by dosing interval suggest that immune response to vaccination and vaccine
effectiveness against symptomatic disease improves with a longer (greater than 6 week
interval) compared to a shorter interval of 3 to 4 weeks (8).

Effectiveness against hospitalisation
Several studies have estimated the effectiveness against hospitalisation in older adults,
all of which indicate higher levels of protection against hospitalisation after a single dose
than that seen against symptomatic disease, around 75 to 85% after 1 dose of the
Pfizer-BioNTech or Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine (3, 9, 10, 11). Data on VE against
hospitalisation with 2 doses for all ages with the Alpha variant is shown in the week 26
Vaccine Surveillance Report.

Effectiveness against mortality
Data is also emerging which suggests high levels of protection against mortality. Studies
linking community COVID-19 testing data, vaccination data and mortality data indicate
that both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines are around 70 to 85%
effective at preventing death with COVID-19 after a single dose (3, 12). Vaccine
effectiveness against mortality with 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine is around 95 to 99%
and with 2 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine around 75 to 99% (week 26 Vaccine
Surveillance Report).

Effectiveness against infection
Although individuals may not develop symptoms of COVID-19 after vaccination, it is
possible that they could still be infected with the virus and could transmit to others.
Understanding how effective vaccines are at preventing infection is therefore important
to predict the likely impact of the vaccination programme on the wider population. In
order to estimate vaccine effectiveness against infection, repeat asymptomatic testing of
a defined cohort of individuals is required. Studies have now reported on vaccine
effectiveness against infection in healthcare workers, care home residents and the
general population. With the Pfizer-BioNTech, estimates of effectiveness against
infection range from around 55 to 70%, with the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine they range
from around 60 to 70% (5, 13, 14, 15). With 2 of 2 doses of either vaccine effectiveness
against infection is estimated at around 65 to 90% (5, 13)

ref:

Reaction score
The UK report clearly shows the vaccines used and approved in the UK have shown to be effective
( thanks for that link @Rob2020 )

Effectiveness against symptomatic disease
Vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic COVID-19 has been assessed in England
based on community testing data linked to vaccination data from the NIMS and from the
COVID Infection Survey. Current evidence is primarily from older adults, who were
among the earliest group vaccinated. Estimates of vaccine effectiveness range from
around 55 to 70% after 1 dose, with little evidence of variation by vaccine or age group
(3, 4, 5). Data on 2 doses is indicates effectiveness of around 65 to 90% (3, 6).

Offer of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines to adults aged under 40 years began
on 10 May 2021. Early estimates of effectiveness of a single dose of either vaccine
indicate a vaccine effectiveness of around 60% after 1 dose of the Pfizer vaccine and
around 70% (95% CI: 46 to 86%) after 1 dose of the Moderna vaccine (week 26 Vaccine
Surveillance Report).

Data suggest that in most clinical risk groups, immune response to vaccination is
maintained and high levels of VE are seen with both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca
vaccines. Reduced antibody response and vaccine effectiveness were seen after 1 dose
of vaccine among the immunosuppressed group, however, after a second dose the
reduction in vaccine effectiveness is smaller (7).
COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report – week 36
Analyses by dosing interval suggest that immune response to vaccination and vaccine
effectiveness against symptomatic disease improves with a longer (greater than 6 week
interval) compared to a shorter interval of 3 to 4 weeks (8).

Effectiveness against hospitalisation
Several studies have estimated the effectiveness against hospitalisation in older adults,
all of which indicate higher levels of protection against hospitalisation after a single dose
than that seen against symptomatic disease, around 75 to 85% after 1 dose of the
Pfizer-BioNTech or Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine (3, 9, 10, 11). Data on VE against
hospitalisation with 2 doses for all ages with the Alpha variant is shown in the week 26
Vaccine Surveillance Report.

Effectiveness against mortality
Data is also emerging which suggests high levels of protection against mortality. Studies
linking community COVID-19 testing data, vaccination data and mortality data indicate
that both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines are around 70 to 85%
effective at preventing death with COVID-19 after a single dose (3, 12). Vaccine
effectiveness against mortality with 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine is around 95 to 99%
and with 2 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine around 75 to 99% (week 26 Vaccine
Surveillance Report).

Effectiveness against infection
Although individuals may not develop symptoms of COVID-19 after vaccination, it is
possible that they could still be infected with the virus and could transmit to others.
Understanding how effective vaccines are at preventing infection is therefore important
to predict the likely impact of the vaccination programme on the wider population. In
order to estimate vaccine effectiveness against infection, repeat asymptomatic testing of
a defined cohort of individuals is required. Studies have now reported on vaccine
effectiveness against infection in healthcare workers, care home residents and the
general population. With the Pfizer-BioNTech, estimates of effectiveness against
infection range from around 55 to 70%, with the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine they range
from around 60 to 70% (5, 13, 14, 15). With 2 of 2 doses of either vaccine effectiveness
against infection is estimated at around 65 to 90% (5, 13)

ref:
The graphic that jumped out at me was the older VACCINATED people with HIGHER infection rates than UNvaccinated. BUT--A few pages farther down in that pdf is a chart of deaths. VERY small numbers of vaccinated deaths versus unvaccinated. Even so-- Biden's statement of protecting the "vaccinated FROM the unvaccinated" is assinine. All I can think is how CNN et.al. would be covering that if TRUMP had uttered those words.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The graphic that jumped out at me was the older VACCINATED people with HIGHER infection rates than UNvaccinated. BUT--A few pages farther down in that pdf is a chart of deaths. VERY small numbers of vaccinated deaths versus unvaccinated. Even so-- Biden's statement of protecting the "vaccinated FROM the unvaccinated" is assinine. All I can think is how CNN et.al. would be covering that if TRUMP had uttered those words.
indeed @sdkid

The rhetoric we are seeing from the MSM and the White House / Biden are really harmful to the "promise" of unifying the nation after the election.

This does not bode well for the USA. The Democrats failed the USA massively.

Reaction score
indeed @sdkid

The rhetoric we are seeing from the MSM and the White House / Biden are really harmful to the "promise" of unifying the nation after the election.

This does not bode well for the USA. The Democrats failed the USA massively.
Right alongside Biden, I think the pharmaceutical companies have done massive damage to public trust. When you use the word "VACCINE" and strike up imagery of polio patients in iron lung machines, you are making a direct inference to the efficacy of the COVID "vaccine" as being virtually foolproof with almost NOBODY getting Covid after being vaccinated. We know that is just not true at all, and most people have a serious lack of trust now in anything Big Pharma tells us we "NEED".

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
fwiw - I have found ZdoggMD to have some good videos covering the Covid-19 topic of recent.. worth watching if you like short summary sort of videos and not getting too deep into the data ..

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @David L

".. my son's future wife, who works for a major hospital, is very upset, along with many other workers, knowing they are going to be FORCED to take the UNAPPROVED Shot.. "

if it is an issue of unapproved vs approved shot, she has an option now of a fully FDFA approved shot.

FWIW - The Pfizer / BioNtech vaccine has full FDA ( USA ) approval now for those 16 and older

to me, if you've already recovered from Covid-19 you should have some good natural "immunity" ( resistance is more appropriate as often people when they think immunity they are thinking 100% immunity.. )

( fwiw - I have a relative who has the same concerns about blood clots .. unfortunately, based on the data I have seen - the risk of blood clots is higher with Covid-19 when you compare it to the mRNA vaccines - which only produce the spike proteins without the "crown" structure .. it's that crown structure and the ACE2 receptors in the blood which are related to the blood clots )
Since my trust for anything coming from Fauci. our Gov't and Definitely not MSM, all are at a Zero level with me, I am trusting what Dr. Malone, inventor of the mRNA technology states...The FDA Approval for the existing Experimental Emergency Approved Vaccine (Shot-Jab) is NOT Approved by the FDA...this is why I made that statement since the Approved Vaccine is not even available...

Thank you for your reply and input mat200

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of my DILs works for a major hospital and will be quitting or fired, FDA approval or not. This won't be helping the nurse shortage I keep reading about. She's already under a prior mandate.
This is Full Oppression by our Gov't. Having the staff vaccinated Does NOTHING for patients, the so called vaccine (SHOT) only helps those who got the shot deal with COVID if and when they get it, they even still spread the virus just like the UnVaxxed...This is Ludicrous to me.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Former FDA head and current Pfizer board member Scott Gottlieb reacted to further revelations this week regarding the funding of dangerous gain of function research by Anthony Fauci, noting that a previously unknown fact has emerged that lab tampering was undertaken on MERS-like coronaviruses, which are even deadlier than their SARS-like relatives.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow Really???

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I asked this the other day, yet to hear a good response from those who feel I must be vaxxed ….

But then during his presser he let the truth out:
"We're going to protect vaccinated workers against unvaccinated workers."

What?
If the vaccines are in fact vaccines and work
then... what protection do those who choose to get them need?
None!
But if they don't work - if you get vaccinated and are still at risk - then why would someone take one?
It's stupid to take a jab that doesn't actually protect you.

More to the point why would those who haven't been vaccinated not tell you to go straight to Hell, and why would any court uphold this sort of order when you admit that a person who accepts the vaccine is not protected - that is, it does not actually provide protection against disease?
Food for thought...