Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, just remind us to wash our hands and to go out and enjoy life, like we did before 2 years ago. This bullshits got to stop. Everyone gets sick eventually. Treat the symptoms, stay home and rest a day or two, wash your hands and don't invade peoples personal space. It will all be ok.
Exactly!

I recall joining a gym back in '96, after a few weeks/months I'd get the sniffles, it'd go away....then a few more months, I'd get a cold.....then a few more months it'd be something else. Basically, I'd catch something, get over it then not too long later I'd catch it again or something different. By about 2 years later in '98 I was about ready to quit going to the gym, as I had not been sick off and on like that for years.

Then it came to me: I've always been one of those that'll use the rest room and wash my hands really well then on the way out, push the door with my foot or elbow or use my short sleeve or my paper towel to pull the door handle. But this gym thing was new to me and maybe I wasn't being careful enough. All I did was be more aware of where I put my hands and fingers, keeping them away from face, in particular my mouth, nose and eyes....the entry points for contamination by touch. That's all I did and from '98 to '04 at that same gym, no more illnesses. Granted, it was a new group of people and my immune system likely had to deal with a new set of germs, etc. when I first started but I think I wasn't as careful as I needed to be regarding the touch contamination.

Anyway, I was healthy as a horse from '98 until early '04 when I flew from SFO to ATL for my mom's funeral. I was jammed on a 757 for 4 hours with a hundred coughing, sneezing, wheezing folks on that airborne cattle-car. I wound up with the flu!

Which is another story in itself. Dad worked for Delta Airlines for 32 years from '54 until his retirement in '86, so I had been flying since I was 5; props (Convair 440's, Douglas DC-6 and 7's) and jets (Convair 880's, Douglas DC-8's, 9's, MD-80's, Boeing 727's, 737's, 747's, 757's and Lockheed L-1011's). By the time I started flying in Naval Air in '68 I had probably flown 200 hours, I dunno. Then I flew a lot in the Navy (C-54's, C-118's) and when on leave from SFO (was based at Alameda in N. CA) back to ATL in Georgia, maybe six 4-1/2 hour trips each way. Then I lived in N. CA. for 29 years from '74 to '04 and made the same trip SFO-ATL-SFO probably at least a dozen times....and NEVER got sick.

Then in 1995, Delta banned smoking on all of its flights and by 2000, it was prohibited on flights by all domestic carriers. During the time that smoking WAS allowed, the airline maintained electrostatic air filtration systems for the cabin ventilation systems. Although the intent was to charge particulates in the air so they'd stick to an oppositely-charge grid or filter, the side benefit from the static electrical charge was that the air would be sanitized somewhat...not perfectly but a lot better than it would have been without the system. Those types of systems are very labor intensive and must be maintained frequently, adding to the airline's expense so not too long after smoking went away, so did those types of systems. Now they are simple particulate / HEPA type systems which get the particles but do little to improve the cabin air quality, IMO. Now this info about the upkeep and removal was told to me by an electrical material salesman in San Jose, CA circa 2001 who said his brother worked for a smaller, local airline and told him this. I cannot prove any of what he said but it makes sense to me....I can't get on an airplane these days without getting sick and many of my friends have said the exact same thing.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a short update. My wife's temperature is back to 98.6, has been for 24 hours. She has a slight cough occasionally, but that is all. A bit tired, but not too bad. We so far (knocking on wood-aka my head) have been EXTREMELY lucky, many are not. Thank God. I hope all that contract this 'flu' a fast and speedy recovery!
Great news!

FWIW - I have a supply of Ivermectin I picked up for a lot less than many other OTC meds in the USA for those in the family who come down ill during these times .. as the side effects are low, it's an option I wanted for the family, especially those older .. whatever I can do to keep people out of the hospitals

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
At least some good news. I'm not too surprised Roberts and Kavanaugh sided with the liberals on the CMS issue. As usual Justice Thomas was a rock solid constitutionalist.
That is absolutely great news for the working man! Here is my reply to Biden and his handlers: Let me unroll it and you can suck it!

giphy.gif

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Disclaimer: NOT The Babylon Bee...

View attachment 115471
It's only when you take it off that everyone realizes your face is uglier than sin! This is why liberal women are voting to keep the facemask mandate in blue cities. They have been asked out on first dates 20 times more than when there wasn't a mask mandate. Never mind they never get asked out on the second date.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Shit. Stop the damn circus train. I want off.

Dr. Fauci: Vaccinated and Boosted Americans Better Not Go Out to Public Places Right Now
SO WHAT ARE THE SHOTS GOOD FOR???

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
SO WHAT ARE THE SHOTS GOOD FOR???
Rev 0. They keep you from catching covid.
Rev. 1 They keep you from spreading covid.
Rev. 2 They protect 100% against hospitalization.
Rev. 3 They protect 100% against death.
Rev. 4 They protect against serious illness.
Rev. 5 Whatever happens to you, it would have been worse without the shot. (Even if the shot kills you, you would have been killed worse without it).

Dang it, people, quit being such idiots and trust the science!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly!

I recall joining a gym back in '96, after a few weeks/months I'd get the sniffles, it'd go away....then a few more months, I'd get a cold.....then a few more months it'd be something else. Basically, I'd catch something, get over it then not too long later I'd catch it again or something different. By about 2 years later in '98 I was about ready to quit going to the gym, as I had not been sick off and on like that for years.

Then it came to me: I've always been one of those that'll use the rest room and wash my hands really well then on the way out, push the door with my foot or elbow or use my short sleeve or my paper towel to pull the door handle. But this gym thing was new to me and maybe I wasn't being careful enough. All I did was be more aware of where I put my hands and fingers, keeping them away from face, in particular my mouth, nose and eyes....the entry points for contamination by touch. That's all I did and from '98 to '04 at that same gym, no more illnesses. Granted, it was a new group of people and my immune system likely had to deal with a new set of germs, etc. when I first started but I think I wasn't as careful as I needed to be regarding the touch contamination.

Anyway, I was healthy as a horse from '98 until early '04 when I flew from SFO to ATL for my mom's funeral. I was jammed on a 757 for 4 hours with a hundred coughing, sneezing, wheezing folks on that airborne cattle-car. I wound up with the flu!

Which is another story in itself. Dad worked for Delta Airlines for 32 years from '54 until his retirement in '86, so I had been flying since I was 5; props (Convair 440's, Douglas DC-6 and 7's) and jets (Convair 880's, Douglas DC-8's, 9's, MD-80's, Boeing 727's, 737's, 747's, 757's and Lockheed L-1011's). By the time I started flying in Naval Air in '68 I had probably flown 200 hours, I dunno. Then I flew a lot in the Navy (C-54's, C-118's) and when on leave from SFO (was based at Alameda in N. CA) back to ATL in Georgia, maybe six 4-1/2 hour trips each way. Then I lived in N. CA. for 29 years from '74 to '04 and made the same trip SFO-ATL-SFO probably at least a dozen times....and NEVER got sick.

Then in 1995, Delta banned smoking on all of its flights and by 2000, it was prohibited on flights by all domestic carriers. During the time that smoking WAS allowed, the airline maintained electrostatic air filtration systems for the cabin ventilation systems. Although the intent was to charge particulates in the air so they'd stick to an oppositely-charge grid or filter, the side benefit from the static electrical charge was that the air would be sanitized somewhat...not perfectly but a lot better than it would have been without the system. Those types of systems are very labor intensive and must be maintained frequently, adding to the airline's expense so not too long after smoking went away, so did those types of systems. Now they are simple particulate / HEPA type systems which get the particles but do little to improve the cabin air quality, IMO. Now this info about the upkeep and removal was told to me by an electrical material salesman in San Jose, CA circa 2001 who said his brother worked for a smaller, local airline and told him this. I cannot prove any of what he said but it makes sense to me....I can't get on an airplane these days without getting sick and many of my friends have said the exact same thing.
My trips down to Mexico. "DON'T DRINK THE WATER". right, we have all heard it. "Montezuma's Revenge" it that way even on my trips to Europe, buy bottled water I was always told. Well it took me awhile to figure it out but there was Nothing wrong with their water, none of the locals were getting sick from it. ALL IT WAS is simply my body did not know how to handle (Never saw) what was in their local environment water (their bacteria's, etc.) so our bodies try to fight it causing half the plane to be in the bathroom on the way back from Mexico, LOL

Gyms are breading grounds for all sort of stuff, staph being a bad one, funny but my staph is ok for my body but not good for yours...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So lets fire the nurses/workers who have had Covid-1984 already and Don't need the Shot/Jab and use my Hard Earned Tax money to replace them... :mad:

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Exactly!

I‘ve been a farmer my entire life. I may wash my hands before dinner and supper if I think about it. I never use hand sanitizer.
I rarely get sick. generally once a year I’ll get a cold, but that’s the extent of it. I am a firm believer that if you sanitize to much and never have any “bug” introduced into your body, your body won’t know how to fight anything small, much less something big. I‘m convinced the reason there are so many sick kids is because a lot of them didn’t have school and kid interaction for 6-8 months. Then when they finally went back to school it was kindergarten all over again.

As a hog farmer we have been dealing with corona viruses for years. I would like to see a study on hog farmers and the Rona

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I‘ve been a farmer my entire life. I may wash my hands before dinner and supper if I think about it. I never use hand sanitizer.
I rarely get sick. generally once a year I’ll get a cold, but that’s the extent of it. I am a firm believer that if you sanitize to much and never have any “bug” introduced into your body, your body won’t know how to fight anything small, much less something big. I‘m convinced the reason there are so many sick kids is because a lot of them didn’t have school and kid interaction for 6-8 months. Then when they finally went back to school it was kindergarten all over again.

As a hog farmer we have been dealing with corona viruses for years. I would like to see a study on hog farmers and the Rona
Fully agree...our 5 year old grandson is Always sick, he does not play in the dirt, rarely outside, he has Helicopter parents, they use hand wipes, ALL THE TIME, his father is a germaphobe, after he pets our dogs he has to go wash his hands, it is so sad to watch what the parent's have created. I can't get him to hold a bug, I am sure he will never bait a hook, clean a fish, go crawdad hunting, eat dirt, etc. He is always glued to his iPad, really sad to be the grandparents watching this...

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, shit. Are they teaching creative writing skills in opinion piece writers school, or what? LOL!!!!

"The high number of vaccinated people in intensive care in NSW may appear concerning but it actually shows the jab is working."

Seriously???

So, if the "Jab is working", then it sounds to me like the original intent of the Jab was to put people in the ICU on Vents, not prevent them from catching Covid, right? If so, then the Jab is working wonders in Australia.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, shit. Are they teaching creative writing skills in opinion piece writers school, or what? LOL!!!!

"The high number of vaccinated people in intensive care in NSW may appear concerning but it actually shows the jab is working."

Seriously???

So, if the "Jab is working", then it sounds to me like the original intent of the Jab was to put people in the ICU on Vents, not prevent them from catching Covid, right? If so, then the Jab is working wonders in Australia.

Talk about gaslighting. Bwahahahahaha