Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Clever how Sen. Marshall (moron according to Fauci) came up with this acronym

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
A sign of the times? Congress with masks stamped "Made in China"? It's scary that we are so dependent on them for our medical supplies.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fully agree...our 5 year old grandson is Always sick, he does not play in the dirt, rarely outside, he has Helicopter parents, they use hand wipes, ALL THE TIME, his father is a germaphobe, after he pets our dogs he has to go wash his hands, it is so sad to watch what the parent's have created. I can't get him to hold a bug, I am sure he will never bait a hook, clean a fish, go crawdad hunting, eat dirt, etc. He is always glued to his iPad, really sad to be the grandparents watching this...
So now I feel bad about posting this, on Wednesday the whole family went out to eat, our grandson seemed tired, the wife said he seemed warm. This morning he tested positive for Covid. We (my wife and I) have not been around him or any of the family since before Christmas, we have not been around anyone. He actually had been feeling tired for a couple of days prior, they thought it was getting back to school after being off for two weeks. They found out today, his teacher tested positive even though that got a letter from the school earlier stating some other classes had children test positive, I think as well as some teachers, but his class did not. Our daughter thinks it was the teacher that gave Covid to her son, who really knows...I found out 2 days prior to my sickness one of the workers I was around had their child test positive, later he also tested positive, he may of been the one I got it from, who knows, my wife was out shopping the whole week and that weekend before I showed symptoms.

The good news is today is his third day of fever, the Doc said he is ok and can go back to school in 5 days. Daughter asked when he can come back to get tested before returning, the Doc said schools do not require it and she found out her Ins. would not pay for additional testing due to CDC guidelines she was told. Seems a bit strange but I am sure she will pay for another test. Not sure she is one to go to a free drive-thru testing center and wait several hours...

We will see how many test positive after our Wednesday outing...they are all Vaxxed, not our grandson, thank God...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So now I feel bad about posting this, on Wednesday the whole family went out to eat, our grandson seemed tired, the wife said he seemed warm. This morning he tested positive for Covid. We (my wife and I) have not been around him or any of the family since before Christmas, we have not been around anyone. He actually had been feeling tired for a couple of days prior, they thought it was getting back to school after being off for two weeks. They found out today, his teacher tested positive even though that got a letter from the school earlier stating some other classes had children test positive, I think as well as some teachers, but his class did not. Our daughter thinks it was the teacher that gave Covid to her son, who really knows...I found out 2 days prior to my sickness one of the workers I was around had their child test positive, later he also tested positive, he may of been the one I got it from, who knows, my wife was out shopping the whole week and that weekend before I showed symptoms.

The good news is today is his third day of fever, the Doc said he is ok and can go back to school in 5 days. Daughter asked when he can come back to get tested before returning, the Doc said schools do not require it and she found out her Ins. would not pay for additional testing due to CDC guidelines she was told. Seems a bit strange but I am sure she will pay for another test. Not sure she is one to go to a free drive-thru testing center and wait several hours...

We will see how many test positive after our Wednesday outing...they are all Vaxxed, not our grandson, thank God...
Omicron will go through most of the population .. thankfully more mild disease ..

I'd expect everyone to basically be exposed to this one .. and once recovered immunity levels should be much better ..

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I really hope that she is the Dem's choice in 2024. Anyone could beat her.
As Ssayer said……

Two years ago I’d say a senile old man who spent his entire campaign in his basement, and couldn’t get more than a dozen people besides the media to sho up to his rally’s while the other candidate would pack stadiums nightly across the country would have no chance.

But now we are stuck with a demented communist who won. It’s all who counts the votes….