Part of the temp installation finished

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Vincenttor
Do you have a night video with this camera that you can share with us.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure , ill record one right now in the mean time.
give me a few minutes , also busy milling some stuff.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Sunba 507-20XB camera is already at the local Fed Ex facility here in town six days after placing my order. Pretty good service for free shipping. It is still listed for Friday delivery though, so I'm not sure I will get it today or tomorrow.
That is really good, I know they already cash my check and they are processing my order, just order my camera yesterday I hope I get mine next week .

Regards.
Chewie

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, i forgot one thing.
The day time recording was set on about 8000 Kbit or in that area.

This time the recording is just 2506 Kbit.
But i guess its ok , its not great at night because the IR is to bright at white parts and washes it away.
I must say i haven't changed any setting, have never before went in the camera menu itself to see whats possible , so maybe there is hope and some settings will get a better night image.
I can't access them remote trough the dahua nvr, has to be when i use a computer to set it.

Video is still processing, so be patient it will probably go to 1080 after a few minutes

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, i forgot one thing.
The day time recording was set on about 8000 Kbit or in that area.

This time the recording is just 2506 Kbit.
But i guess its ok , its not great at night because the IR is to bright at white parts and washes it away.
I must say i haven't changed any setting, have never before went in the camera menu itself to see whats possible , so maybe there is hope and some settings will get a better night image.
I can't access them remote trough the dahua nvr, has to be when i use a computer to set it.

Video is still processing, so be patient it will probably go to 1080 after a few minutes
Thanks for the video, I sure hope there is settings to make the night image look better.
Regards.
Chewie

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
My Sunba HZ507-20XB camera arrived today. I ordered it last Friday and it arrived in 6 days. I was able to do a little testing earlier this evening. Tomorrow I will do more testing and at least put up some photos taken during the unboxing. I will put up a new forum thread and post the link here. So far I was able to connect to the camera's web page and change the default IP address and login password. The shipping weight was 7.05 lbs (3.2 kgs). The camera feels like it weighs about 5 lbs (sorry, I don't have an accurate scale to weigh it). Construction of the camera is very solid. It makes the Huisun Mini PTZ camera feel like a toy. The camera pans a full 360 degrees. There is no upward tilt to the camera (unlike the Huisun which I can point up in the air). The tilt is from 0 to 90 degrees down. I mention this because it may effect where I end up installing the camera. I wanted to put the camera in the same location I have the Huisun on the back of our deck. But with no ability to tilt the camera up, I will not have the ability to zoom in on objects above the horizon. I have another possible location that I can install the camera that is about 5 feet higher than the Huisun. Tomorrow I will determine the best place to install the camera and test it with Blue Iris. We are expecting rain tomorrow and Saturday so the final installation might have to wait until Sunday, weather permitting.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great, Goodluck with that,
Indeed it is a solid thing when you take it out of the box. Big chunk of aluminium.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you put out signs you make camera recording / do surveillance ?
Also we seem to have to report the fact we record public ground, and possible other people to Authoriteit persoonsgegevens. (Specific for the Netherlands)

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do have 2 stickers on the window with this text on it and a camera logo.
One thing is that none of the neighbors will complain since i told them and they all said that's a great idea.
Next door neighbor wants camera's now also since there have been some breaking and entering in the area (industrial area where i "we" live.)
I have read this part also and this is why i got the signs ;)
https://www.security.nl/posting/32365/Juridische+vraag:+Mag+ik+camera's+rond+huis+ophangen?

It also has a link about recording public road and it says the following :
Een bordje hoeft niet als de camera er zo duidelijk hangt dat iedereen hem moet zien hangen.
Translated, sign is not needed when it is obvious a camera mounted.

I guess this is my case, and if not, there is always a sign.
Also not very "scared" that someone is going to complain

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I read that page also. That lawer gives an answer on a few questions, and in the top he writes that if you keep images 24h only no reporting to the cbp needs to be made. If longer you do have to report it.

Good for you that you are on an industrial area, i am in a living area. One side neighbors like the fact i put camera's up there, other one i still have to ask.
We live in attached houses that are built in a arc shape, since we live in the middle i can easy see the entry door of 10 houses both sides so i suspect some complaints. But i will put up a sign and report that i take recordings from my car and keep the video for 1 month or so.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ j4co,

i read allot of story's that contradict the rules.
I think you probably should ask the neighbors next to you if they think it's a big problem if they are being recorded, or adjust the cams so they record your own property the most.
Some replies say the same, put up your camera's and see where it will end.

At lulu5kamz, there are some settings.
Leave the web access page alone, this is total crap.
From the CMS that most of the Chinese camera's use you can set the camera.
made a screenshot with my phone.

https://im1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/009067488301/media/20728261946/large/1453487375/enhance
For a bigger image click the link

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As far as i have found, the local government could have some things in the local "verorderingen" by mine has not.
so any complaint to the police will not even be followed up i think.
it is just that i not point the ptz to someone door and record them specifically. That is what written on the link you qouted above the intention. If i record specifical my car and someone cycles on the street and is visable it is not meant to film that person so not a problem

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nah, don't worry and put that thing on the wall.
Have fun with it ;)

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I pretty well gave up on PTZs when the 3+MP turret and bullet cameras came down in price. But, seeing how clear and clean that 20x image is, has suddenly rekindled my interest.

I have a vacation home that sits on a bluff line with a 1000' vertical drop to a river below. I can just envision using this camera to view that river at various times of the season.

Have you had any issues with using Blue Iris to control the camera for basic adjustments and presets?

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its great fun indeed :)
At my parents that live in France are also some PTZ cams
Al tough these are still analoge cams, it is fun to look at the sight.
Going to put one of these cam's in the antenna tower probably, only downside is that the internet connection is not very fast just about 1Mbit upload if it is stable..

Got my "home made" cam also there in the antenna tower but since the IP cam is not connected it does not work

Video is made with some cheap ptz analoge cam, its been there for some years i do not know where i bought it anymore.

And here are some screens of the home made ptz.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello vincenttor

I see on your youtube channel you posted a video indicating you are having a problem with your cam.

Did you resolve the issue? Can you tell us about it here?

Thanks
Robert

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

I did received a new controller board from Sunba.
I haven't got the time to install it yet, i have a new customer and am away from home the last 6 weeks and work in the weekends as well, hence my absence the last weeks.
The days i had time it was or raining or to much wind to use a ladder on this heigt.
The scaffolding i have is at my parents and they are back to France but took the trailer so i can't transport it yet.

It wil probably work again but untill then no report yet. With Sunba nothing is wrong they responded fast with a new board after inspection by remote controlling my camera server.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a quick message , i have been away for a long time because of my job, in and out the netherlands and allot of hours.
But sometimes i do find the time to do some stuff, so a little update about the PTZ 20x camera from sunba.
The sunba team has sent me a replacement controller board, a few weeks later i had the time to build the scaffolding to reach the camera.

A few days before suddenly the screen became white, no more image but i could enter the settings menu.
It did respond slow and even after a few reboots the camera did not respond very well.

Contacted the sunba team about this before i took it down, and my computer was being taken over by teamviewer, they tried to connect by telnet, performed some tests and reboots and a factory reset.
They told me sorry but the lens is broken.

This story is getting better and better, what is strange for me is that the camera has not moved since , it always stood on the same position and the lens has not be used.
I did took the camera down and replaced the pcb.
When i installed this the rotation was working again, also by controlling from the browser itself.
Also the standard rotation test when starting up is working again, anyway, since then i have again a not working camera.

Asked what to do, and what could cause this, one tip i got was :
It is better to hang the place under the lightning,our camera does not have lightning protection function

Well thats a bit hard to do when using it as a outside camera, and when lightning hits i doubt that would be the only thing broken in my house since i got a bunch of solar panels on the roof and antennas for my other hobby.
Hope to get a answer and some help soon because it would have been a very expensive camera that worked a few short weeks.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the update vincenttor.

Hope it is all resolved to your benefit and you get your cam working again.

Robert