Passwords wrong on cameras connected to NVR

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so what models are the cameras? I missed that. Are they Dahua? Model numbers should be on stickers on the camera itself

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool, that pic of the camera registration page ,might be helpful
do you mean this screen?

image removed

I've just managed to get the IP Cameras off the NVR and given them fresh IPs on a seperate PoE switch and I KNOW their passwords now :p When I tried to add them manually, editing in the correct password the above is what I get. Note the dreaded conf.LoginErrorNo-20 :-(

I think my next logical step is to try upgrading the NVR's firmware. Would you gentlemen concur that the correct firmware from Dahuawiki is this one?

1687881695449.png

Attachments

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I can’t be sure on your exact model/firmware.

Can you login to the web interface of your NVR? The machine interface sucks.
You should be able to go to 192.168.1.x (whatever the ip is of your NVR ) with a web browser. Pale moon, IE work best

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a 4208-8P working since 2017, never had trouble adding Dahua cameras to it
This one uses :
FW 3.215.0000000.2, Build Date: 2017-10-23
4208-8P-RegPage.jpg

There is a newer FW with the dark V4 look I have on another 4208 but you shouldn't need it

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah mine was installed in 2017
Right the firmware upgrade doesn't seem to be an option and this NVR won't show me the cameras either plugged into it, or if they're elsewhere on the LAN. Is there any other option I could try anyone please?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Weird.
According to the pic of your Reg page, the NVR is indeed recognizing the cameras, but can't communicate with them due to a login error. Usually this means the NVR doesnt know the password to the camera and can usually be fixed by using the pencil edit icon and telling the NVR the correct camera password. As mentioned previously, assigning them IPs using an external switch isnt gonna help vs the built in PoE ports as the NVR sees them fine. Im stumped as to why it wont take the password via the edit box

CameraRegPageEditPass.jpg

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Weird.
According to the pic of your Reg page, the NVR is indeed recognizing the cameras, but can't communicate with them due to a login error. Usually this means the NVR doesnt know the password to the camera and can usually be fixed by using the pencil edit icon and telling the NVR the correct camera password. As mentioned previously, assigning them IPs using an external switch isnt gonna help vs the built in PoE ports as the NVR sees them fine. Im stumped as to why it wont take the password via the edit box

View attachment 166466
Could it be that the NVR is too old for the cameras?

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, If the camera you are trying to use will be connected via the onvif protocol (I think I saw it in the screenshot), you must first enter the interface of your ip camera and set a password for it, and after plugging the camera into the nvr, you need to write it into the nvr. About 1 month ago, I introduced an OEM camera to my system in this way. I am currently using 4 dahua cameras and 1 oem (made in china) camera without any problems.

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, If the camera you are trying to use will be connected via the onvif protocol (I think I saw it in the screenshot), you must first enter the interface of your ip camera and set a password for it, and after plugging the camera into the nvr, you need to write it into the nvr. About 1 month ago, I introduced an OEM camera to my system in this way. I am currently using 4 dahua cameras and 1 oem (made in china) camera without any problems.
I haven't tried to connect any cameras via onvif but I'll try that next! Thanks for assisting

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't tried to connect any cameras via onvif but I'll try that next! Thanks for assisting
Yes, if your camera isn't Dahua or Hikvision or something like that brand name. you have to use onvif protocol and dahua is need password and oem cameras is coming without any password. so you have set it before starting..

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, if your camera isn't Dahua or Hikvision or something like that brand name. you have to use onvif protocol and dahua is need password and oem cameras is coming without any password. so you have set it before starting..
The frustration I have is that my cameras are both dahua