Pelco Sarix camera's

Griste

n3wb
Reaction score
So Pelco tech support is unsuccessful and google searches are not helpful either. But I have an issue with these IBP331-1ERS cameras from Pelco. Some of the colors are obviously wrong.

A side question to it. Would a bad Cat6 termination do this to a camera?

p.s. This is the 2nd camera to do this in a row, same model.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
So Pelco tech support is unsuccessful and google searches are not helpful either. But I have an issue with these IBP331-1ERS cameras from Pelco. Some of the colors are obviously wrong (see attached photo).

A side question to it. Would a bad Cat6 termination do this to a camera?

p.s. This is the 2nd camera to do this in a row, same model.

Thank you.
I can’t say I’ve seen a bad RJ45 connection make a specific object a different colour. How long has these units been in service?

When did this problem start and what is the frequency of such?

Does the problem go away when the camera is rebooted? In the single image you provided it appears only the trees are different colours is anything else a different colour?

If you reboot the system and the image is corrected it’s obviously the imaging sensor. If rebooting the same doesn’t correct the problem as a hell marry double check to see if the outer lens isn’t delaminating.

In some cameras there was a coating applied to filter blue and also reduce UV spectrum light. I doubt it’s that but it will force you to go up and clean the lens, cover, to at least validate that area is free of debris and water contaminants.

Griste

n3wb
Reaction score
can’t say I’ve seen a bad RJ45 connection make a specific object a different colour. How long has these units been in service?
This camera, was a fresh install out of the box as of the time stamp.

When did this problem start and what is the frequency of such?
The moment it was installed.

Does the problem go away when the camera is rebooted? In the single image you provided it appears only the trees are different colours is anything else a different colour?
Red cars are an obvious Pink color those are the only 2 distinctions i've seen. A reboot and reset to default does nothing.

If you reboot the system and the image is corrected it’s obviously the imaging sensor. If rebooting the same doesn’t correct the problem as a hell marry double check to see if the outer lens isn’t delaminating.

In some cameras there was a coating applied to filter blue and also reduce UV spectrum light. I doubt it’s that but it will force you to go up and clean the lens, cover, to at least validate that area is free of debris and water contaminants.

As I installed this camera this morning, it had its plastic sheet on the lens. When we had a connection the plastic sheet was peeled off so no debris or anything of that sort.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A bad crimp can never cause an issue like this, the signal is sent in bits of data. This appears to be a partially stick ir filter. There are many threads discussing solutions.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
As I installed this camera this morning, it had its plastic sheet on the lens. When we had a connection the plastic sheet was peeled off so no debris or anything of that sort.
What happens when you reboot the system? As Fenderman noted if it’s a bad IR filter verify it makes a click when forced to Day / Night.

If you hit the camera lightly does it correct the image? Because a stuck IR filter could be one of the problems. I’ve never seen a greasy or cover make different colours but it surely made the video distorted and your image doesn’t appear to be related to oily / greasy contamination.

Griste

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok.. I feel pretttty stupid now... So after looking up some Stuck IR Filter things.... I changed the Day/Night IR settings to Manual, then to Night mode.. then back to Day mode.. and it came back with regular colors.

I hate how after days of trying to figure things out with no good support, it was just a check marked box to fix it all.

Thank you all for the help :)

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok.. I feel pretttty stupid now... So after looking up some Stuck IR Filter things.... I changed the Day/Night IR settings to Manual, then to Night mode.. then back to Day mode.. and it came back with regular colors.

I hate how after days of trying to figure things out with no good support, it was just a check marked box to fix it all.

Everyone’s been there!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks @Griste

Feel free to share the before and after pictures of the images to help others see what you are seeing and what the issue is.

As @Teken noted.. we've all been there .. stuck IR filters.. or "why is my grass purple pinkish?"

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW .. an example of a image is posted in this thread ..