People can mask USPS AI detections

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After using this for a few days now I can report it is working very well for me. I am using it for FexEd, UPS, Amazon, DSL, and of course USPS. I had one false positive at night for one of the delivery services. No big deal as I now have it turn off the delivery model at night. I do not get late-night deliveries usually. LOL This frees up resources also.

Thanks again!

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a question, I'm trying to set this up to send push notifications and haven't had any luck so far. My question - in the action set, configure push notification, there is Required AI objects. Can this include all desired objects such as usps, amazon, fedex, ups, walmart or does each object need to be set up individually for each desired notification? I presume no capitalization is needed for these objects?

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a question, I'm trying to set this up to send push notifications and haven't had any luck so far. My question - in the action set, configure push notification, there is Required AI objects. Can this include all desired objects such as usps, amazon, fedex, ups, walmart or does each object need to be set up individually for each desired notification? I presume no capitalization is needed for these objects?
You can put them all together like mine:

Required AI objects: amazon,dhl,fedex,ups,usps,garbage:85,homedepot,ikea,lowes,target,uhaul,walmart

That is if you wanted them all to send push or whatever alerts. I am still looking into what this model gives detects, false or correct. Thus I have it look for all the objects and alert me to all of them also. The garbage:85 means only sending the push notification if garbage is 85% or higher. Otherwise, it just goes by whatever levels you set up in the trigger/AI section. For the required AI to work, these objects need to be defined in the trigger/AI section also. The trigger/AI just says look for and flag these. The action/alert tells Blue Iris what you want to be notified about.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I do have them in the "to confirm" section, Deepstack is working ok with the combined model I am using. I noticed you don't have a space after the comma between your objects in the Required objects section for notifications so I may try removing the space I have in mine.

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I created an expanded delivery vehicle model building off of the hard work of sstratoti and with help from mikelud1. The custom model is trained to recognize amazon, dhl, fedex, garbage, homedepot, ikea, lowes, target, uhaul, ups, usps, and walmart.

Sample captures: delivery truck images
Download link: delivery.pt (version 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4)

Update: Uploaded a version 1.1 to the same link. I was getting some false positives with ups so I added more images and did additional training. Newer model is also smaller and faster.
Update: Uploaded version 1.2 1.3 with additional training on images for usps.
Edit: I'm also working on adding uhaul and perhaps garbage (truck), though it seems to be prone to false positives on garbage trucks.
Update: Uploaded version 1.4 that now has support for uhaul and garbage. For now, I would set detection to 90% on garbage to prevent false positives. If anyone would like to donate some images of garbage trucks, I'll add them and retrain the model.
This is fantastic, thank you for sharing this.

tng5737

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a great idea - thx for the model.
I want to have BI send me an email when the mail truck arrives. I've cloned the driveway camera and added the model to the cloned drive and verified that the mail truck is being correctly identified. But Bi isn't sending the email. I'm missing something Can someone help.

Attachments

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a great idea - thx for the model.
I want to have BI send me an email when the mail truck arrives. I've cloned the driveway camera and added the model to the cloned drive and verified that the mail truck is being correctly identified. But Bi isn't sending the email. I'm missing something Can someone help.
First, there's no need to also run the combined model on the cloned camera, just delivery. Second, there's no need to mark USPS as a vehicle, but if you did want to, I think the tag needs to be all lowercase. Finally, under the email alert, I think you need to add the usps tag again as a required object to send the alert.

tng5737

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was using the 'Immediate actions...' on the Trigger tab for the email - there is no 'required' field I've changed to Alerts - On alert to send the email There is a 'required' box there We'll see IF it works today - thx

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is this correct? I didn’t get an alert.View attachment 138121
First you don't need the ALPR setup for this... you aren't labeling anything as a vehicle anyway.

This looks good to me. Do you have the delivery.pt file with the rest of your custom models? Are you using Deepstack or Code Project AI?

Finally what are your settings for sending the actual alert? Are you using email? Do other alerts work?

Reaction score
I’ll take the ALPR out - this is a clone of my LPR camera. I‘m running DS. Yes, delivery.pt is in MyModels folder.

I‘m not getting an alert. On an alert, I’m sending a web request to speak Mail arrived.

Thanks for help.

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’ll take the ALPR out - this is a clone of my LPR camera. I‘m running DS. Yes, delivery.pt is in MyModels folder.

I‘m not getting an alert. On an alert, I’m sending a web request to speak Mail arrived.

Thanks for help.
Do you have a clip where you think it should have detected the mail truck? Have you tried turning on Deepstack Tuning & Testing to see when the model does detect the logo?

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@VideoDad ’s suggestion to turn off ALPR did the trick. @MikeLud1 ’s program was trying to analyze the usps image. Turned it off and got a nice speak on HomeSeer that the mail had been delivered.

Thanks!

Curious how you are inputting trigger from BI to Homeseer to create your Homeseer speaking.

I plan on implementing something similar down the road.

Reaction score
I use a web request to run an event by its reference number.

Here is the event which has code at the bottom to return its event number:

7CC8A943-3BED-487B-A299-C9132B9EFAC9.jpeg

&hs.WriteLog("Event Ref ID:", hs.GetEventRefByName("BI - Speak - USPS Detected - JSON"))

Here is the BI web request under Alerts -> On alert

user=default&pass=pw&request=runevent&id=4801

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank God you are on HS3, like me.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. BI is sending a web request to Homeseer on alert that looks like it is a Homeseer JSON control to run event 4801. In turn, Homeseer runs event 4801. Is that correct?

This is helpful for me. I have a giant script that I use to do announcements that uses script parameters. I need to research to see if I can use JSON to trigger a script with parameters.

Thanks

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This has been working really well for me - but now I am afraid to upgrade Blue Iris! Currently running on version 5.5.7.11 from 6-7-22

What has everyone else done?

USPS.jpg