PIR event in Blue Iris?

veni

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. In your last picture in the the PIR tab select "trigger channel" under normal linkage.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Don't know what to do anymore.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Please post a screen shot of your network settings from the hikvision. Confirm that 8082 is in fact the HTTP port not media port or something else.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First understand that port forwarding has noting to do with pir detection (im assuming your blue iris machine is on the same network as the hikvision camera)
Ok you need to redo your settings. First delete the pic in your post with the NAT tab because it has your external ip address and you dont want to broadcast that.
Second disable port mapping, you dont need that enabled.
Third on your router the local ip address for port forwarding has to be your cameras ip address .38 not your pc's ip address...
if you want to view your BI machine remotely then you need to forward your blue iris server port (set it to something other than 80, like 8085) and forward that port to your pc's ip address

veni

n3wb
Reaction score
First understand that port forwarding has noting to do with pir detection (im assuming your blue iris machine is on the same network as the hikvision camera)
Ok you need to redo your settings. First delete the pic in your post with the NAT tab because it has your external ip address and you dont want to broadcast that.
Second disable port mapping, you dont need that enabled.
Third on your router the local ip address for port forwarding has to be your cameras ip address .38 not your pc's ip address...
if you want to view your BI machine remotely then you need to forward your blue iris server port (set it to something other than 80, like 8085) and forward that port to your pc's ip address
local IP has been set to the camera's IP 192.168.1.38
Disabled port mapping in Hikvision
Remote viewing from BI works a usual (can access it on my Android internal and external)
2-way audio not working (I get audio only with BI) I'm once I fix my PIR issue it will probably fix the 2-way audio

Hardware-wise, do I need an actual channel based DVR system for this to work?

This is version of my Hikvision camera:

Firmware Version V5.2.0 build 140721
Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

I think my problem is BI related my PIR does work in standalone mode and i even get proper xml responses using the folowing:
http://192.168.1.38/IO/outputs/1/status/

I'm going to try a fresh install of BI to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You do not need a standalone NVR for the audio/pir to work...are you saying that 2 way audio works with BI but not with the hikvision mobile app? Or are you saying that you can only listen but not talk with BI? If its a setting problem a fresh install wont help. Also if you intend to use BI to communicate with the camera, then you should not be forwarding the camera ports at all, its a security risk unless you are using vpn.

veni

n3wb
Reaction score
reinstalling BI didn't fix it. Maybe there's a problem, with the camera, I'll try a factory reset, I all have another camera on the way that I can test as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt its an issue with the camera,,,its a setting that you have missed or entered incorrectly. Double check the port numbers because the video to blue iris is transmitted via rtsp, blue iris doesnt care about the http port for video and the "listen" audio. The PIR function and "talk" audio is transmitted over http, so make 100 percent sure its set correctly.

veni

n3wb
Reaction score
The same HTTP port is set at the router, hikvision, and BI. In fact, the http port works because I'm able to access the camera's by using it's IP and newly assigned port (192.168.1.38:8082).

Another observation is that in BI, if I purposely enter the wrong port for PTZ I get the following error: PTZ: 12029: /IO/outputs/1/status
conversely, when I enter the right one, port :8082 the error message is gone, which I assume means that it's able to communicate on that port.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tested the talk function using the hikvision mobile app or internet explorer?

veni

n3wb
Reaction score
I forgot to report that I did get the PIR function to work after upgrading to V5.2.3 build 141024