Please help me with laggy skipping ghosting recordings

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just changed the ip on the cam & same thing only video in substream 1 no signal on mainstream.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also found this.

Dahua Technology USA

Maybe the "switcher" needs "bigger bandwidth". I would still try giving it another ip address just to test. I had some wonky things going on when I had two devices with the same ip address. It was during a time when I was changing the ip addresses on my cams. Not the exact same issue though. If that doesn't work try lowering the bitrate as a test or unplugging your other cams and just leave the one as a test.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but have ever you reset the cam back to defaults?
Then logged into to it to check if you can view mainstream before you do any settings?

Have you tried a different browser?
Chrome with IE Tab plugin for example?

Have you looked in your router to see if you have a duplicate IP conflict showing?

Last edited:

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but have ever you reset the cams back to defaults?
Then logged into to it to check if you can view mainstream before you do any settings?
I have not done that Looney. Sounds like something I sure should try on that cam. Thanks

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't mean to come off as a complete idiot here but that cam only showing video on substream 1 what exactly does that mean for me or doing to my system?

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Understood Looney. So I reset that cam to default & no go. Video on substream again only. I do have one cam indoors use to use it for the doggies that is working & I may swap out for this front door substream cam. Then I can pull it from service & my system to bench test it further. That front door is probably one of my most important cams. Who would of knew I had this screwed up from day 1.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Like Loony said, check the firmware to the other cameras (that are the same model number) see if there is a difference. What is the make and model number on the one your having problems with? Can you give us a screen shot of the setup menus?

Last edited:

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OMG I finally got it guys!!!!! Thank you so much for all your help. So I set the camera to default again & this time pulled the ethernet cable from the POE switch going to that cam. Waited for a minute, plugged it back in, logged in & bam was looking me in the face. I gotta tell you sure not easy being a noob. So now that cam is running mainstream & set for 20 FPS & 8192 bitrate I'm going to restart BI & take her from there right? Anything else I should be doing?Screenshot (78).png Screenshot (77).png Screenshot (80).png

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That cam running on substream before could of been causing the other cams or BI to be laggy, time jumping, & ghosting?

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Un-check Sub-stream in IP cam setup on all your cams.

"That cam running on substream before could of been causing the other cams or BI to be laggy, time jumping, & ghosting?"

Who knows, it didn't help things. I have all Hikvision cams but not all the same models, I have had to tweak them a little to get them all working right. Its a lot of reading, asking questions and doing a bunch of trial and error.

EDIT: Also, once you get your cams tweaked, there maybe other settings in your switch or router that need to be looked at. Check for BIOS and driver updates on the computer, firmware updates for switches and routers.

Last edited:

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Un-check Sub-stream in IP cam setup on all your cams.

"That cam running on substream before could of been causing the other cams or BI to be laggy, time jumping, & ghosting?"

Who knows, it didn't help things. I have all Hikvision cams but not all the same models, I have had to tweak them a little to get them all working right. Its a lot of reading, asking questions and doing a bunch of trial and error.
Got it. I will uncheck that in all the cams. Thanks!

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So its alot better now. I checked through all the last few hours of clips & I still have one camera that is laggy & the cameras time is pausing & skipping. All the other 5 seem to be doing well. All 6 cameras are within 10 seconds of time of each other. I will post screenshots of my settings on that cam. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Screenshot (81).png Screenshot (82).png Screenshot (83).png Screenshot (84).png Screenshot (85).png