Please help me with laggy skipping ghosting recordings

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why are you running a sub stream? If you don't need it turn it off and your watermark and bump up your bit rate to ~8192. You might try and lower your I-Frame a little, I run mine at 12. Now keep in mind all cams are different.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if this is related to the Intel Video driver memory leak.
Have you done a fresh install of windows using the Media Creation Tool.

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why are you running a sub stream? If you don't need it turn it off and your watermark and bump up your bit rate to ~8192. You might try and lower your I-Frame a little, I run mine at 12
I don't know why & how do I turn it off? When I set it up there was no video on the main. Bump up bitrate to 8192 in the camera?

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are many here smarter than I, but I would guess this maybe part of your problem. I would look into how to set your cameras up using only the main stream and than go from there IMHO.

EDIT: What options do you have in setup on your cameras?

Last edited:

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm just guessing here, but you may have the Intel Video driver version that the computer maker wants you to have. IE: Dell, HP.

Search here for memory leak.
If he is running on-board video through his processor he could update the driver correct?

I know it can help with some issues, I just did a BIOS update as well as updating all the drivers that were due.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If he is running on-board video through his processor he could update the driver correct?
Yes, and it's not a matter really of updating, lots of times you have to go back a version or two. Direct from intels site, not from the Pc manufactures site.

Doing a fresh install of Windows, with the MS media creation tool, get's rid of any bloatware the manufacturer may have included.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, and it's not a matter really of updating, lots of times you have to go back a version or two. Direct from intels site, not from the Pc manufactures site.

Doing a fresh install of Windows, with the MS media creation tool, get's rid of any bloatware the manufacturer may have included.
Please, don't remind me. Bloatware sucks. When I remember I will make an system image after I strip it of all BW and have it just as I want so when I have to do a refresh its clean from the start.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please, don't remind me. Bloatware sucks. When I remember I will make an system image after I strip it of all BW and have it just as I want so when I have to do a refresh its clean from the start.
Using the MS media creation tool makes it very simple, and you should NOT be using the BI computer for anything else, it should be dedicated to the task.

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, I'm trying to figure out this main & sub stream issue here on this camera. I don't have a lot of experience but am learning thanks for the help guys.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I'm trying to figure out this main & sub stream issue here on this camera. I don't have a lot of experience but am learning thanks for the help guys.
Did I understand correctly that the mainstream has never worked in the web gui?

Is the mainstream what you are recording in BI?

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did I understand correctly that the mainstream has never worked in the web gui?

Is the mainstream what you are recording in BI?
Yes sir that is correct. This is the only one out of 6 that setup that way or I was able to get it to work at the time. Never had video on main from day 1.

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I checked all the setting on the camera & are the same of the other 5 that are running main stream. I don't know what to do fellas.Screenshot (70).png Screenshot (71).png Screenshot (72).png

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I upped my bitrates in the cameras to 8192 & turned off the watermark. I cannot get video on the front door camera on mainstream only substream 1 which is set at 2048 bitrate. I am now going to do some reading on the memory leak issue. I appreciate the help guys really do.