Please help NVR setup

BH.Orders

n3wb
Reaction score
Hardware:

IPcam (x2): DaHua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
EPOE Switch: PFL2106-4ET-96
Manual: http://www.santec-video.com/Download/Bedienungsanleitung/SANSWITCH-10430_HB_d.pdf
NVR: NVR4108-4KS2 (sys. ver. 3.215.0000000.4)

Problems:

Short version:

Need help setting up DaHua Camera on NVR. Currently, when I connect the camera to the NVR, the NVR shows “192.168.1.108 Invalid user name or password.” I’ve tried using the NVR interface to factory reset the NVR and also took apart the camera to press a button to reset the camera. Disclaimer: I don’t know if the reset button is actually the button to reset the camera, but when I held down the button for 5 secs, with the power connected, a green light turned off. I could not find how to hard reset the camera in the camera manual. This is true for both cameras. I was only able to get both camera to run ONCE on the NVR and now both camera shows the “invalid user name” error. The IP for both the cameras and the NVR have the same range 192.168.1.xxx. How do I fix this?

Detailed version:

Please help out. I am new to the IP camera scene. I needed an IP camera that can extend for 500 ft and after reviewing the wiki Cliff Notes, I decided that I needed 2 turret cameras with the EPOE capabilities for the extended range. However, my vendor at the time did not have any 4 channel NVR in stock so he ended up shipping two cameras, the NVR, and an EPOE switch (model numbers above).

Setting up the hardware for the NVR and camera was not a problem. Although I did use a 2.5” HDD instead of 3.5” because that’s all I have for now. Don’t think this causes any issues though. This is my initial EPOE switch setup:

EPOE switch port 5 to ISP router
EPOE switch port 4 to NVR
EPOE switch port 3 to DaHua Camera 1
EPOE switch port 2 (empty)
EPOE switch port 1 (empty)

Setting up the camera was more difficult. I used the NVR interface with an external monitor. I went through the wizard and got the first camera to show its live feed. So next, I added the second camera to port 2 of the EPOE switch but I at this point, I didn’t really know how to use the NVR interface, so I decided to do a factory reset of the NVR but this time, I’ll have both cameras connected. So now, the EPOE switch setup looks as follows:

EPOE switch port 5 to ISP router
EPOE switch port 4 to NVR
EPOE switch port 3 to DaHua Camera 1
EPOE switch port 2 to DaHua Camera 2
EPOE switch port 1 (empty)

Going through the setup, this time only camera 2 was registered. So I started to check my cable connections by disconnecting and reconnecting them with no results, so I finally decided to factory reset the NVR again. I then tried to follow this EPOE switch instruction: https://dahuawiki.com/IP_Camera/Add_IP_Camera_to_POE_Switch but when I got to step 8 to change my IP Address and Default Gateway to something like:

IP address: 10.10.1.25
Default Gateway: 10.10.1.1

The camera would not let me change the IP address. I then tried to reset the camera by taking it apart and pushing a button that I think is the reset button because it turned off a green light on the camera when I pressed it. I pressed it for 30 seconds and also for 5 seconds. In the 30 seconds mode, the light turned off and on several times, each with a few seconds interval between them.

Now, when I connect one camera to the NVR, it shows a “192.168.1.108 Invalid user name or password” error. If I tried to register the camera, the NVR recognizes the camera with an IP address: 192.168.1.108 at port 37777. But when I add the device, the camera status is a red circle.

I spent a whole afternoon and night trying to work through this but haven’t gotten anywhere yet. Can someone provide some guidance? I'm attaching some photos of the error message and my current setup.

Thanks!

Brian

Attachments

BH.Orders

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try waiting 20 minutes to see if the red icon turns green. However, that thread seems to be further along than where I am. Just to clarify, I am unable to see the live stream via NVR or the Web interface.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought same model nvr and four same model cameras and already had four Dahua 4431s. Basic set up was automatic or at least I think it was but I discovered that instead of being a stand alone device the nvr needs web interface( best Windows IE) for camera settings and probably the rest. I use Linux and finding a way to adjust camera settings for night has taken too much time. If I connect more than 5 cameras some of them(think the old 4431s) start to suffer from "black outs".

I cannot really help you but wanted to say that you are not the only one with problems. I have read the manuals and Dahua wiki on line but to be honest it was not helpful. I have received better advice here!

Advice: try with Windows/IE and do factory reset.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi BH.orders,
there are a couple of ways to get you going. If you are able to connect your PC to the same POE switch, hook it up, give it an 10.10.1.x/24 ip address. Then install the Dahua Toolbox (or Configtool), let it search the network. If it doesn't find it, factory reset the cam first (like you did). Within Configtool, you can set IP addresses, gateways, and change passwords. You can already set some of the IPC settings, however, I personally prefer to have the NVR set them (because your NVR might be the limiting factor - it will only show the "compatible" options NVR-IPC wise). When you are set, then "search" the camera within the NVR, and you are up and running in no-time.

Good luck!
CC

BH.Orders

n3wb
Reaction score
@catcamstar it worked! Thanks. The NVR finally recognized it after I hard reset the camera by holding the reset button for 3 minutes (I read from other post that 3 minutes is the optimal time). I then proceeded to set it up via the NVR interface.

Thanks to everyone else that contributed!