POE ONVIF compatible doorbell with WiFi/poe chimes

bigoliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want a Poe doorbell for greater reliability, and so I don't have to hire an electrician to change the doorbell transformer.

I want it to connect to my NVR and record either 24/7, or just when a person comes to the door.

I want the bell to connect to my phone and inform me when it is pressed.

I want it to work with chimes too. WiFi/Poe chimes ideally. I need one chime in an outbuilding and one in the main house.

Am I asking too much?
I've been looking for weeks and nothing comes close. There's loads of "smart" doorbells but they all seem to have similar, if not identical specs!
POE & ONVIF why are these common and well developed technologies so hard to find on a doorbell?

Any recommendations please?

Thanks,

Oliver

bigoliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you found any answers? I want the same thing.
Sadly no.

I'm hoping Nest will release a Poe version of the Hello, as I have Nest thermostat and Nest Hubs.

In the meantime I'm using a wireless dumb doorbell. It reaches the home office which is detached from the house, so I don't miss deliveries when in the office anymore.
It's a solution that's works OK, but I'm ghopin for a POE and ONVIF Nest (more chance of pigs flying lol)

dmiller

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Grandstream comes the closest as it is POE, but the notification part part requires customization.

Replacing the transformer is trivial.

Olof

n3wb
Reaction score
This question intriqued me so i went searching as well. I found two doorbells which offer POE + Onvif
1. Doorbird: D2101V (the D101S does not appear to have Onvif support) but is big in size. https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/datasheet_d2101v_en.pdf
2. Yoossee. I don't know this brand, but if offers a Onvif + POE + Wifi doorbell. For the price of USD 65 it seems to good to be true. So I wonder what is wrong with this thing, apart from looking a bit clunky? Wireless smart HD video intercom/doorbell camera

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am also looking for an ONVIF compatible doorbell. POE would be nice, but I figure I can just use existing wiring with transformer and WiFi. I just want to be able to use a doorbell cam with my Hikvision NVR, but it doesn't look like the Hikvision doorbell cam has many favourable reviews (they don't even list it on their website anymore, which isn't encouraging) and doesn't seem to be easy to find to purchase except for one shop on AliExpress. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

xaqtiv

n3wb
Reaction score
This question intriqued me so i went searching as well. I found two doorbells which offer POE + Onvif
1. Doorbird: D2101V (the D101S does not appear to have Onvif support) but is big in size. https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/datasheet_d2101v_en.pdf
2. Yoossee. I don't know this brand, but if offers a Onvif + POE + Wifi doorbell. For the price of USD 65 it seems to good to be true. So I wonder what is wrong with this thing, apart from looking a bit clunky? Wireless smart HD video intercom/doorbell camera
Hi, did you check out this camera? Any thoughts / comments?

Olof

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope, I have not bought the Doorbird nor the Yoossee. So sorry, I do not have any insights

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Doorbird was OK but can not recommend for anyone in Australia. Their cloud connection was horrible. Could never use 2 way comms when it rung. Worked fine in Blueiris as a security camera. The 720p sensor is not the best though. Additionally I had to turn off audio recordning on the doorbird in blueiris as it interfered with the Doorbird app when you tried to take a call.

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Came across this thread and thought I'd add my 2cents.
I was looking for the following:
PoE
No monthly fees
ONVIF/NVR compatible
2-way audio
Higher than 1080p resolution
Mobile Motion Alerts

I found this:
NSC-DB2 3MP Wifi Video Doorbell Camera W/ 2 Way Audio, Onvif Compliant, PIR Motion Sensor, Night Vision, 16GB SD Card Pre-Installed, Includes 3 Face Plates

While it isn't PoE, it seems to meet my main objectives as I can connect to NVR and has all that other stuff.
It uses existing hardwires for chimes (both electrical and mechanical).
Has onboard capability for 128GB micro SD for backup to NVR.

How do I connect this camera to a 16 channel Hikvision NVR?

Once you have the DB2 added to your local network. It will have an IP address. You can find that using the SADP Tool or Batch Config Tool.
You will use that IP address and manually add it to the NVR that is connected to the same network.

The username will be "admin" and the password is typically the 6 letter verification code that is unique to your doorbell.

Might be worth looking into. I looked into Yoosee but it seemed laggy to me and only 1080p. Yoosee app looked better than the one for NSC-DB2, but hard to trust reviews by incompetent users...

Gonna give this a go, will update with results.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

kind of too big if you ask me

Reaction score
Hi, just stumbled across this thread, and to throw in my 2 cents, I run one of these on a Synology NAS, meets the brief however very expensive in its own right and I then had to configure a set of chimes to be triggered using IFTTT.

bigoliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, just stumbled across this thread, and to throw in my 2 cents, I run one of these on a Synology NAS, meets the brief however very expensive in its own right and I then had to configure a set of chimes to be triggered using IFTTT.

It looks great, but crazy expensive. Who can justify paying £800+ on a doorbell. Many people don't even spend that on their entire CCTV system.

Thanks for sharing though
Screenshot_2019-11-08-18-34-36.pngScreenshot_2019-11-08-18-34-27.png

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah i've thought about a regular bullet cams and an r-pi to trigger normal non camera doorbell presses as IFTTT. but, i'll danged if the door bell cam doesn't get the perfect shot.

Reaction score
Does this HikVision DS-KB8112-IM hit the mark? Not certain this meets the chime requirement... I'm a total noob at this. I've been looking at installing a new system and have stalled right from the beginning. I too want a doorbell cam on the front and back doors. There seem to be plenty of great products and advice on security cameras but the doorbell cams just seem to be so limited when the focus is on "PoE Doorbell Cams". At least from a cost perspective. I've prewired an addition to the backside of our home and have the Cat6 just hanging out next to our door just waiting to be connected!

This model (DS-KB8112-IM) hits the PoE and price requirement at US $160 for my needs (I think). I need to learn a bit more about resolution but think this would work fine for the close-up view at our door. Once I have this issue figured out I'll tackle the "easier" job of purchasing dome cameras that gets me broader coverage with higher resolution.

Then, of course, I come across this "New" model... DS-KD8003-IME1/Surface. As expected... the price looks to be over double the model above coming in at around US $350. It also may not meet your chime requirement. I think it has a higher resolution at 1080.

Last edited: