POE ONVIF compatible doorbell with WiFi/poe chimes

Vjaybang

n3wb
Reaction score
Id like to announce that I have the DS-KB8112-IM and its connected to my existing mechanical chime. We are talking like 1960s chime. I think it has something to do with the firmeware as when you press the call button its strikes my chime 3 times like... Ding.... Ding... Ding. I have kept my eye out for firmware upgrades for this device but unfortunately last one was over a year/nearly 2 years ago. I used a power reducer (if thats what you call them, transmitter maybe) then using standard doorbell cables connected that to the transmitter, chime, and DS-KB8112-IM. Cant remeber which outputs I connected it to on back on doorbell but used the manual to help me. If a video of my exisiting chime working with this model would help anyone then let me know. As per another post reply I made it would be good if you could change the tone which the outdoor station makes when the button is pressed. Sounds more like and intercom call waiting tone whereas a nice ding dong sound would be nice.

Tav0

n3wb
Reaction score
Id like to announce that I have the DS-KB8112-IM and its connected to my existing mechanical chime. We are talking like 1960s chime. I think it has something to do with the firmeware as when you press the call button its strikes my chime 3 times like... Ding.... Ding... Ding. I have kept my eye out for firmware upgrades for this device but unfortunately last one was over a year/nearly 2 years ago. I used a power reducer (if thats what you call them, transmitter maybe) then using standard doorbell cables connected that to the transmitter, chime, and DS-KB8112-IM. Cant remeber which outputs I connected it to on back on doorbell but used the manual to help me. If a video of my exisiting chime working with this model would help anyone then let me know. As per another post reply I made it would be good if you could change the tone which the outdoor station makes when the button is pressed. Sounds more like and intercom call waiting tone whereas a nice ding dong sound would be nice.
@Vjaybang,

I’m considering buying the DS-KB8112-IM doorbell and this was one particular aspect I was concerned.
I would much appreciate if you could expand on this matter since it is a deal breaker for me the fact that you can or cannot connect a standard doorbell.

Thanks in advance.

sgryphon

n3wb
Reaction score
I want a Poe doorbell for greater reliability, and so I don't have to hire an electrician to change the doorbell transformer.
I want it to connect to my NVR and record either 24/7, or just when a person comes to the door.
I want the bell to connect to my phone and inform me when it is pressed.
I want it to work with chimes too. WiFi/Poe chimes ideally. I need one chime in an outbuilding and one in the main house.
Finally there is the Dahua DHI-VTO2202F-P 2MP Villa Outdoor Station which has the features you want, or the Dahua DHI-VTO2101E-P which has similar features, but with a different casing, and the DHI-VTO2111D-P-S2 (smaller camera and plastic case). The DHI-VTO2111D-WP-S1 is similar and has WiFi, as well as PoE, which makes it really easy to set up (use your phone to connect to the doorbell AP) -- the quick setup guide for this one looks really easy. This new range/platform from Dahua appears to be a winner.

• PoE powered
  • Works direct with mobile app, no screen needed (i.e. just the doorbell)
  • ONVIF/RTSP support
  • No subscriptions or locked system
  • Looks reasonable
  • Priced reasonably
  • High quality brand
  • Local API, e.g. integrates with Home Assistant

Does not directly connect to a door chime, but supports Home Assistant, so can easily respond to button press events, e.g. trigger a chime.

This is a video review I found :
There are also videos on connecting it to a door chime, and on the DHI-VTO2101E-P.

----

Previously I had tried the HikVision DS-KV6113-WPE, which the latest release notes say can work in stand alone mode, and with Hik-Connect, but not at the same time, so that was a fail.

It can be added to Hik-Connect mobile app and you can view video, use the intercom, trigger door unlock etc, but I could not get it to receive call notifications when the button was pressed.

In the configuration, I can also set up the alternate schedule (Templateplan1) to call the centre (yellow) for all dates/times (instead of the indoor screen), and using the iVMS-4200 sofware I can receive the call on my computer.

So technically it can connect to mobile app (Hik-Connect), and technically work stand alone (without screen) via the iVMS-4200 software, but not both combined. Fail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing but uncontrolled tears of joy stream down my face.

I shall be hitting his affiliate links tomorrow.

Seriously... THANK YOU for sharing this. I've had a green Cat 6 cable hanging out of our new addition brick since last year! I hear about it from the wife every day she comes home. I've had to request that she divorce me and leave (or come in through the front door) just so I didn't have to hear about it anymore.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing but uncontrolled tears of joy stream down my face.

I shall be hitting his affiliate links tomorrow.

Seriously... THANK YOU for sharing this. I've had a green Cat 6 cable hanging out of our new addition brick since last year! I hear about it from the wife every day she comes home. I've had to request that she divorce me and leave (or come in through the front door) just so I didn't have to hear about it anymore.
this has been posted months ago, and there are some pretty big threads about this already

Reaction score
this has been posted months ago, and there are some pretty big threads about this already
Yeah... not sure why I've never seen it. Sometimes it's actually good when someone posts old crap. :) Glad to see it. Now I'm wondering if there hasn't been something even better put out there. Ugh.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah... not sure why I've never seen it. Sometimes it's actually good when someone posts old crap. :) Glad to see it. Now I'm wondering if there hasn't been something even better put out there. Ugh.

watch the video. he goes in depth.

Andy only sells it as the full kit, and the flush mount is a bit more (but since u have brick, you probably dont care about the flush mount adapter kit)

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just bought this but haven't labed it out yet. I bought both boxes because I wasn't sure if I wanted flush or surface mount. I was surprised to see the flush mount has no flip out wings like I would expect for like an old construction electrical box install where the wings flip out and secure the box. Instead it needs installed flat against something within the wall. Not sure how useful that is for a retro-fit job so ill be surface mounting mine. Ill keep the flush mount and if I ever have all the siding off and wanna go crazy I can build it out I guess.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I just bought this but haven't labed it out yet. I bought both boxes because I wasn't sure if I wanted flush or surface mount. I was surprised to see the flush mount has no flip out wings like I would expect for like an old construction electrical box install where the wings flip out and secure the box. Instead it needs installed flat against something within the wall. Not sure how useful that is for a retro-fit job so ill be surface mounting mine. Ill keep the flush mount and if I ever have all the siding off and wanna go crazy I can build it out I guess.

wow, thats strange. would def though it had wings. have u posted a picture of the flush mount kit?

i guess u could always retrofit it against a stud

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
maybe make ur own "wings"
Its more complex then that. You would also have to fabricate an outer flange / lip / whatever you wanna call it around the perimeter of the box so that there is actually something to tighten against.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Its more complex then that. You would also have to fabricate an outer flange / lip / whatever you wanna call it around the perimeter of the box so that there is actually something to tighten against.

oh damn. thanks for the info. wanted to go with the flush mount, but it sounds like there is a lot more involved

is this the same one u have. ... Dahua VTM114/VTM115 Flush/Surface Mount Box for VTO2202F-P IP Villa Door Station | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Previously I had tried the HikVision DS-KV6113-WPE
I had no idea the HikVision DS-KV6113-WPE existed! looking it up too! EDIT: it requires that screen!

the Dahua looks bigger than a RING Elite? especially that recessed box?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have now realized the same issue @achalmersman has found after receiving my VTM114 flush mount. Very strange design is it only supposed to be used in a location you can use morter/glue with brink or stone? Any suggestions for how to make this work for a wood exterior wall location? I may be able to build up some wood behind it and drill through the back to secure it? Not very well thought out design.

16148884569342362106657357673952.jpg

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Have now realized the same issue @achalmersman has found after receiving my VTM114 flush mount. Very strange design is it only supposed to be used in a location you can use morter/glue with brink or stone? Any suggestions for how to make this work for a wood exterior wall location? I may be able to build up some wood behind it and drill through the back to secure it? Not very well thought out design.

View attachment 83984

terrible design.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 83984
I would go for "top-on" option:

VTOB108

epi_curean

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, just stumbled across this thread, and to throw in my 2 cents, I run one of these on a Synology NAS, meets the brief however very expensive in its own right and I then had to configure a set of chimes to be triggered using IFTTT.

Sorry to bring up an old post, but how did you wire your a8105e to a traditional mechanical door chime?