Poe & Poe+ switch

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey,

I’m considering getting one SD49225T-HN (which requires poe+) and 3 turrets (running on standard poe).
The plan is to use these with a non-Poe nvr and therefore trying to figure out options on How to accomplish this.

I plan to use these cameras in my summer house which is basically shut down for 6 months of the year. I have one socket that’s not shut down that runs my current nvr which has poe ports so it’s not a problem today.

So, my question is how you guys would set this up? Are there any switches out there which run both poe and poe+ that I connect all 4 cameras through or do I need to look into other options?
As the live socket which runs the dvr will be far from where I plan to put the SD49225T-HN, I need to power it with poe somehow.

Thanks!

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just buy a POE+ switch. The device should negotiate with the switch to determine the power requirements. You're going to have to run an extension cord or something to power it.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@t84a and @looney2ns have it right. 802.3at Type 2 "PoE+" is backward compatible and all you need for now (later years will be Type 3 802.3bt Type 3 and 4).