Poe question

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok.. thank you

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
So if i get a good splitter do you believe that injector will then be able to power camera during periods when ir is on?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So if i get a good splitter do you believe that injector will then be able to power camera during periods when ir is on?
if the camera does not need more than your injectors and splitters can provide...they dont publish that vital info...who knows...its all a crap shoot...

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
if the camera does not need more than your injectors and splitters can provide...they dont publish that vital info...who knows...its all a crap shoot...
Gonna try this.. do you think that sunba splitter could be the reason the camera is shutting down during times ir is powered?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna try this.. do you think that sunba splitter could be the reason the camera is shutting down during times ir is powered?
i have no idea...it could be many things...the camera, the injector, the splitter, the camera itself could be drawing more power than sunba thinks it should..

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea camera works great with the 12v adapter.... Ive basically given up on the thought if poe+ .. my run is like 150 ft and i think the camera is so big and pulls way too much power. Just gonna get some good sheilded cat6 and run with romex to a junction box with outlet.

100 td

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, I just know of it's existence as I was chasing some info for possibilities for a different setup recently. You'll have to check the specs but it appears that 12v 4a at 100m is available, selectable dip switches, DC Output Voltage: 12V/ 4A, 19V/ 2.6A, 24V/ 2A
I can't guarantee anything.....
.....The POE-171S simply splits data and the power into three outputs (12V / 19V /24V DC) up to a distance of 100 meters. If the POE-171S is paired with the POE-171 PoE injector from Planet Technology, it can provide the following additional PoE blah blah...

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea.. ill just run romex to the junction box at camera
Should look like this if my plan works except mounted to a post

Attachments

Gulfsurfer

n3wb
Reaction score
So cranking the ir down did not help the power issue..

I guess i need to know can i get an injector that safely supplies more power.. and if not...

Can i run romex 12-2 uf along with cat6 thru conduit without too much interference?
Thanks everyone
I would worry less about the interference than I would about National Elect Code compliance issues; co-mingling data and power in the same conduit doesn't meet code. Different jacket insulation voltage specs.