Post 5.3.0 Firmware on chinese > english Cameras

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any news about newer EU-Firmare then 5.2.5/5.3.0 to run on chinese cameras?

I mean those new Firmwares with the modern Webinterface.

Some chinese sellers already sell cameras flashed to english with new Webinterface.

Isn't the firmware files already out in wild ?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not that I've seen yet, but im still not able to upgrade a camera with original firmware 5.25 or 5.28 to 5.30 or above hits safe mode every time.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the newer hardware, not the same as the 2xx2 series, the firmware for which seems to have stopped at 5.3.0

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have seen new web interface on those cameras, similar to new NVR Webinterface it is "FLAT" an better structure. Yes it seems no new firmware for 2xx2 Series

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
2x32 cams have been out for more then 2.5 years, sounds about right that they stopped supporting upgrades

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Post 5.3.0 Firmware on chinese > english Cameras

DS-2CD2T35-I5 I got this one with V5.3.3 build 150803

that+s hacked firmware, I got a CH serial number so I will not upgrade , but I asked my supplier if she could try to do something here.
I also got the DS-2CD3T45-I5 and that one comes with the new firmware 5.3.8. Also hacked . didn´t get hold of a pure english version of the camera . (or I didn´t want to wait anyway =D

Last edited by a moderator:

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Language*xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver10/XMLSchema"*version="1.0">

<type>english</type>

</Language>

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Post 5.3.0 Firmware on chinese &gt; english Cameras

That answer was from the ds-2CD2T35

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And the same answer from my
DS-2CD3T45-I5

<Language*xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver10/XMLSchema"*version="1.0">

<type>english</type>

</Language>

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems they have special firmware flashed on CH devices which to us looks like EN but in fact only fakes it. MTD Block and Serial stay the same.

Can we receive those hacked firmware to compare? May be tell the seller you accidentially flashed.

Did you try hikvision cloud, it will probably fail because of serial?

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, but is this patched firmware or standard ? This seems original because hik ftp. Also the 2xx2 cameras is not what we talk about now.

They do not want to hand over the firmware so other sellers wont get it.

Use Virtual Machine and Teamviewer inside Virtual machine. Let the seller connect with teamviewer. Of course he plans to delete the file after download.

If you have the seller connect by teamviewer and download the dav file this would be perfect moment to make an Image "Snapshot" of the virtual machine.

Other possibility make flash dump with nand programmer of already flashed 5.3.8 Firmware

if we have a patched 5.3.8 we can compare with 5.3.8 original and see what bytes they changed. Then bake our own patched firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True. I was a bit confused. But I found ivms 5200 3.3.0 on that ftp but then I mixed it up. But yes it's original firmware unfortunately.

PimpJuice

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Post 5.3.0 Firmware on chinese &gt; english Cameras

I have a DS-2CD3T45-I8 Camera with Chinese 5.3.8 firmware. Any idea if I can change it to English?

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sorry no solution yet but use cracked firmware from supplier.

If you get firmware file for 5.3.8 upload here so everyone can use for there camera and also pros will study.

Tim Veer

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a few DS-2CD3335-I eyeball cameras back in July, flashed with 5.3.8 build 160108 (also a couple DS-2CD3T45 bullets also with same firmware). I'd be happy to help and dump the firmware but I haven't a clue to do this. (I would probably be more successful getting milk from earthworms...)

If someone gives me a step by to do this, I'd be happy to upload. The cameras are all CH cameras with English language, and they are working fine with a hacked Hik 7732 DVR.
Tim