Privacy mask won't go away

jas0420

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks, I have a few Hik 2342's running on Blue Iris (with most recent updates).

I had started getting a lot of false alerts from a pesky fast-growing tree near the one of the cameras. I "solved it" by blocking out the tree with a privacy mask on the camera itself so that Blue Iris wouldn't fuss with that area.

Today I finally got off my backside and trimmed the tree back. (it's the small victories...)

I hopped back into the Hikvision configuration (again, talking about on the camera itself, not Blue Iris) and disabled the privacy mask. Disappeared from the view within the Hikvision web page. Hopped back onto Blue Iris and the mask is still there in the smaller preview view. If I look at the full view or a recorded view in Blue Iris, it is gone.

Back on the camera, I tried adding a different mask. I can see it pop up on Blue Iris right away. If I clear the mask or disable masks altogether on the camera, the newly added mask goes away in Blue Iris. The original "tree" one wont go away though!

I'm at a loss. I've tried restarting BI as well as the camera (both a graceful software restart from inside the configuration as well as pulling power to it). Thought maybe I added a mask inside BI but sure not seeing it if I did. Would have thought it'd be in the same spot where I add my timestamp overlays.

Guessing this is somehow just in the substream since it is fine in full view in Blue Iris, but I can't explain why adding/removing new masks in the camera behave has expected on the smaller preview in BI while the original mask continues to linger.

Any ideas? Thanks by the way for all of the insight you have provided here. Lurked quite a while trying to figure out how I wanted to set up my system and your information here was incredibly helpful!

jas0420

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent idea which didn't pop into my own head, but tried just now and no dice. It brought back the camera name/Hik timestamps that I had previously removed, so it definitely did do something in that process... Just not what it should have.

Is there some other place in Blue Iris besides "Text and Graphic Overlays" on the Video tab of a camera's configuration that I might have added such a thing? I do remember trying something along those lines in BI, but it still seemed to trigger, so I decided the camera would be better. Maybe I had two overlays going and just didn't realize it. I sure don't see where I would have done it in BI if this fuzzy memory is true though...

jas0420

n3wb
Reaction score
Ugh. Along the train of thought of my second post just now, I built a new camera in BI and imported the settings from this camera that I had saved a while back. Magically fixed. Guess I do have a mask set up in BI somewhere.

I'm my own worst enemy sometimes! Thanks for the assist!