Problem Installing BlueIris on Windows 10 x64

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am attempting to install the latest version of BI (have also tried prior versions) onto a Windows 10 x64 machine.
After I have selected the choice for x64 OS and the install begins, I get a popup error dialog box that says "Feature Transfer Error, Component x64 cannot be found"

Here is a copy of the dialog box.
I have had no issues installing other software.

biprob.jpg

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using a USB flash drive created with the Media Creation Tool?

I did this about 3 days ago to a Dell Inspiron 620 that was Win 7 x64 before, whole deal took about 30 minutes to install W10, creating the flash drive took longer but now that's done and ready for another install in the future.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem is not installing Windows 10, it is installing BlueIris on a Windows 10 machine.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using a USB flash drive created with the Media Creation Tool?

I did this about 3 days ago to a Dell Inspiron 620 that was Win 7 x64 before, whole deal took about 30 minutes to install W10, creating the flash drive took longer but now that's done and ready for another install in the future.
Did 10 activate without issue or purchase?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks like it might be trying to install a windows 10 feature and failing. Have a look in the event viewer at the system and application logs at around the time you get the error to see if anythjng extra is being logged.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did 10 activate without issue or purchase?
Purchased Win 10x64 on Kinguin for $40, they emailed me Product Key, installed from USB drive, could not activate online, had to phone MS activation toll free number (as they said it would likely require), got it activated, took 20 minutes.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks like it might be trying to install a windows 10 feature and failing. Have a look in the event viewer at the system and application logs at around the time you get the error to see if anythjng extra is being logged.
I took a look and there is nothing in there. Do you know if BI creates any kind of log that may shed some light on what is going on?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
No sorry I don’t, have never installed or used BI yet but will do in the next week or so.

Have you tried downloading BI again, normally the first thing I would do if I encounter an install error. The other thing to try is installing on another machine to see if that produces the same error or advances further.

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
have you tried running all your win10 updates first?

I have seen weird things happen on 10. weird errors with office installs etc untill I hit a certain update.

Just installed it on my new hardware with windows 10 yesterday without any errors.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The machine was completely updated with no pending updates.
The strange thing is, I have installed BI on Win10 previously with no errors.
The only difference between then and now is I am trying to install it on Win10 Enterprise, whereas the one that I did a while back that worked was Win10 Pro.

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmm. Wonder if it is indeed a windows feature that may not be installed on enterprise.

take a screen shot of all the features enabled just to see. maybe I can compare later.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it may be required to install the Visual C++ 2013 (64 bit) redistributable package (from the link @awsum140 posted), as this recently became a requirement for BI to run.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
>hmm. Wonder if it is indeed a windows feature that may not be installed on enterprise.

The "feature" it says it can't find is "x64" when installing the x64 version of BI.
If I try to install the x32 version, then the error message changes and says the "x32" feature can't be installed.

Those messages do not really make sense, especially the x64 since this is an x64 version and I have installed plenty of other x64 software.
Also, just to clarify again, this is Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Workstation, not a server product.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, while it may be workstation rather than server some component, required component for BI, seems to be missing. You could give it a shot and see what happens. Just don't shoot the messenger if it goes wrong or doesn't work :wtf:

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately that was not the problem. The VC2013 runtime was already installed. It was worth a shot, thanks for suggesting it.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh well, it was just a guess. Hopefully a real Windoohs expert will show up and have a cure for you. You could also contact support at BI for help. They might have a quick solution for you.