Profile Not Changing Presets

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Downgrade worked. Thanks! I will have to write down version updating so I don't wait until a second new update occurs. That common sense I've applied to cars and certainly Android...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Downgrade worked. Thanks! I will have to write down version updating so I don't wait until a second new update occurs. That common sense I've applied to cars and certainly Android...
I have had no issues updating my nexus 5x with every new monthly release from google..I just wait a day...with the phone, security updates outweigh the risk..

William K.

n3wb
Reaction score
So to start off, I'm not sure what broke. The only change I made overnight was adding more RAM to my server and rebooting. However, now, when I switch to different profiles, my cameras are not changing presets. Here's my setup:
Profile 1) Default - few PTZ cameras I want at a specific preset
Profile 2) I want the same PTZ cameras at a different preset
Profile 3) I want the same PTZ cameras at a different preset
Profile 4) I want the same PTZ cameras NOT to change any preset so I can manually position them for a temp time

Example screenshot from Event Schedule for 1 camera. Others are similar.

What the heck am I doing wrong? It *seems* like the Search/Back has stopped working

You aren't doing anything wrong, I have the same issue. I reported it to Blue Iris Support:

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 1:24 PM, William K. <wjk555@gmail.com> wrote:
Cameras not going to PTZ Presets in any profile after update. Camera position appears to be the only thing not working in profiles.

BI Response:

Thanks I think this is a bug which will be fixed with the Events schedule.

Reaction score
Downgrade to 4.5.3.2 confirmed as working. I had to completely uninstall BlueIris, reinstall the base download I had (thankfully, an older version than even 4.5.3.2), and then update to 4.5.3.2. Initially, just running the 4.5.3.2 updater didn't fix the issue (confirmed that BlueIris was indeed at that version, but still no working presets). Good to go now!

Reaction score
did u have to reinstall all the cameras and settings etc?
I exported the config from the Settings page, then imported it again once installed. Make sure to de-activate your license, and have the details to re-activate it on hand for when you reinstall (if you need to).

William K.

n3wb
Reaction score
For the record, in the past I de-actived and activated 10 times and the key as invalid after the 10th time. If I remember correctly, if you install BI on another machine it automatically de-actives it on the old machine. The key is only good for 10 single activations, no multiples.

dirk6665

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So my BI Installation (Version 4.5.3.5 x64) also was affected by this PTZ Schedule bug. My front PTZ camera trains on the driveway in the AM and faces the front of the house in the PM (Sundown) and has not worked since the update. Going to try and downgrade as suggested - but why do we need to de-activate the key if its going on the same machine?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess, dirk, you figured it out by now but just in case you didn't do it yet, I followed the instruction from fenderman - I simply closed Blue Iris (without de-activating) and double clicked on the exe update file. Worked like magic.

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Confirmed this morning as well 4.5.3.6 has resolved the issue for me.

Reaction score
So my BI Installation (Version 4.5.3.5 x64) also was affected by this PTZ Schedule bug. My front PTZ camera trains on the driveway in the AM and faces the front of the house in the PM (Sundown) and has not worked since the update. Going to try and downgrade as suggested - but why do we need to de-activate the key if its going on the same machine?
I only deactivated mine because I decided to do a full uninstall and reinstall, since simply installing the "update" to the older version didn't fix the issue for me.