Programmatic API for enable/disable PIR alarms?

TimJWatts

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wondered if there was a reasonably straightforward way to programmatically enable/disable certain alarms (eg Motion, PIR etc).
ie just "tick" and "untick" the box without using the web interface - or emulating a human client the old fashioned way with convoluted interactions.

Camera in question is a DS-2CD2432F-IW

Looking to see if I can arm/disarm the unit from a home automation box.

The camera is supposed to support ONVIF but trying to understand this is like trying to follow javascript in the mid 1990s - lot of talk, no real examples, lot of proprietary oddities.

Cheers,

Tim

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You haven't mentioned if programmatically is down at the code level or up at the HTML/CGI level.
Hikvision publish programming guides that may have what you are looking for - though they are not specific to individual models and may not fully cover the 2432.

Take a look here: http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download.asp?navid=1
And here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Integration and Development Materials/

The cameras support ONVIF pretty well. To mess with this (and this is not something I've done so far apart from analysing the dialogues) you should be able to find some useful ready-made open-source libraries that save starting at ground level.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For what its worth, i know that robert chou of ipcamviewer (Android/ ios)at some point had the option to turn motion on and off for this camera. (i gave him access to my cam to test)..the issue was that after you cycled it back on the sensitivity default to zero. I don't remember if he ever resolved this as i no longer have the cam (its installed)

TimJWatts

n3wb
Reaction score
Although I use tinyCam I did look at ipcamviewer - just loaded it back on - I see the option you mention.

Time to runa bit of wireshark sniffing I think - thanks for the heads up :) !!