Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Clown show. Up is down, left is right, black is white, hispanic is white.
Hispanic .. well could be white .. could be pure Spanish Conquistador .. this is the big problem we encounter with so much focus on group identity.

Racial identity groups are not as clean cut as we'd like ..

Funny to me that Portuguese are not Hispanic .. as the do not speak Spanish and thus Brazilians are not Hispanic ..

Also Europe has its share of European Latinos .. many of whom are "white" .. of course most Americans think only of American Latinos when one states Latino ..

Funny actually how convoluted this can get ..

Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Hispanic .. well could be white .. could be pure Spanish Conquistador .. this is the big problem we encounter with so much focus on group identity.

Racial identity groups are not as clean cut as we'd like ..

Funny to me that Portuguese are not Hispanic .. as the do not speak Spanish and thus Brazilians are not Hispanic ..

Also Europe has its share of European Latinos .. many of whom are "white" .. of course most Americans think only of American Latinos when one states Latino ..

Funny actually how convoluted this can get ..
I used to date a Brazilian girl. She would get annoyed when people considered those from Brazil "Hispanic". She spoke Spanish but it was the 3 language she learned. She spoke French and some German too. Spaniards are not Hispanic nor Latino. Their language is often differentiated on Netflix when you see the language options for Spanish. Not sure how different the accent and use of words are. I asked her one time who has the worst Spanish accent and she said that Cubans speak the most god awful Spanish on the planet.

You definitely see some Mexicans who are descendants of conquistadors. Many of them are the affluent and powerful in Mexico.

Then you have Belize in Central America and Guyana in South America where English is the official language. I would assume they are not considered "Hispanic" people by definition but are Latinos.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. Some far left white liberal spreading their wokeness that the people they think they are helping are saying to stop it.

"It's a woke firing squad looking to tear everything down by telling us that Native Americans and Americans need to be divided," social media influencer Maurice the Native Patriot (@lanativepatriot), a Swinomish Indian from Washington state, told Fox News Digital in an interview last week. "It’s become popular to think that even seeing a Native American image is racist."

Native Americans fear woke efforts by Kansas City Chiefs, Boy Scouts and Taylor Swift to erase heritage (msn.com)

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Exactly. Some far left white liberal spreading their wokeness that the people they think they are helping are saying to stop it.

"It's a woke firing squad looking to tear everything down by telling us that Native Americans and Americans need to be divided," social media influencer Maurice the Native Patriot (@lanativepatriot), a Swinomish Indian from Washington state, told Fox News Digital in an interview last week. "It’s become popular to think that even seeing a Native American image is racist."

Native Americans fear woke efforts by Kansas City Chiefs, Boy Scouts and Taylor Swift to erase heritage (msn.com)
But part of the problem is that some/many Native Americans opened up the genie bottle without realizing that the genie is getting out of control and they can't put the genie back in the bottle. Situation with governor of South Dakota, Kristi Noem being banished from the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation because she sent SD national guard down to the TX border. There were Native Indian complaints about the "Redskins" mascot for Washington but now many are doing an about face and want the name back. They realized after the fact that they will be erased from history with all the wokeness crap. A middle school in Minnesota being told that their mascot "Bison" is racist even though the school consulted prior to choosing with Native Americans when researching a mascot to use. Native Americans will be erased and relegated to memories similar to how you think about pilgrims at Plymouth Rock. Pilgrims only exist in an old history book.

Reaction score
I found this article to be a good read, even if only a brief one. I have been having numerous history discussions with my daughters of late (social studies and history grades are not where they should be) and the discussion of 'what is communism' has come up quite a bit. I read this to them and they were surprised.

As for the last two paragraphs in the article, I hope he is wrong. I truly do believe that the left wants us to stop believing in GOD, as hard as that is to believe.

1708371601275.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Let me know how many white men did these shootings over the weekend. Per Ann Coulter, no announcement about their race might be a clue. I don't know either way but with with 71% of the population being white you'd think that maybe two out of three are whitey. Let me know if I'm right.

1708385165181.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Let me know how many white men did these shootings over the weekend. Per Ann Coulter, no announcement about their race might be a clue. I don't know either way but with with 71% of the population being white you'd think that maybe two out of three are whitey. Let me know if I'm right.

View attachment 186969

You forgot Kansas City, and you're 0-4

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used to date a Brazilian girl. She would get annoyed when people considered those from Brazil "Hispanic". She spoke Spanish but it was the 3 language she learned. She spoke French and some German too. Spaniards are not Hispanic nor Latino. Their language is often differentiated on Netflix when you see the language options for Spanish. Not sure how different the accent and use of words are. I asked her one time who has the worst Spanish accent and she said that Cubans speak the most god awful Spanish on the planet.

You definitely see some Mexicans who are descendants of conquistadors. Many of them are the affluent and powerful in Mexico.

Then you have Belize in Central America and Guyana in South America where English is the official language. I would assume they are not considered "Hispanic" people by definition but are Latinos.
Spanish .. well that always gets an interesting argument.. I have friends who make fun of the Spainish on their "thth" sound ..

Guess it is not unlike us making fun of the British English ..

In terms of definitions, seen a definition of Latin America to exclude English speaking countries of the area . .