Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I managed to get "Liberty" for the middle name of my 1 month old daughter. My wife's best friend, also the wokest, said that Liberty "sounded Republican". This, coming from a so-called liberal, derived from the latin "liber", meaning free. Coincidentally the same root for liberty. How many letters different is liberal and liberty again? Liberal and liberty go hand in hand, but as usual, the left ruins all it touches.

Equal outcomes is more important than equal freedom.:rolleyes:
Too many people these days reveal their ignorance when they open their mouth. There's nothing wrong with not knowing something, but if you don't know for sure what something is, what it means or how it works, don't pretend that you do....your ignorance may be justifiable, but stupidity is not, IMO.

One of my English teachers in high school loved Latin so naturally, she worked it in a bit with her lessons. She worked us on Latin, vocabulary and word origin so we'd come to understand better the meaning of words to be used and how to use them contextually. She taught me English for 2 of the 5 years I was in HS and I think it's why today I understand many medical terms and conditions (married since 2007 to a retired RN) and can read and understand Italian and Spanish so well (also married to a Honduran for 31 years helped, I'm sure).

Not sure what is taught in school today that actually helps kids learn how to learn, let alone be proficient in daily practical communications and understanding.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was thinking of shopping at Staples...

View attachment 128045
Does this mean that right at this moment a woman of a minority race owns this "small business"?
And that they are striving also to be soon owned by a disabled, LGBTQ+ veteran?

Hey, their word choices, not mine....:blankstare:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this mean that right at this moment a woman of a minority race owns this "small business"?
And that they are striving also to be soon owned by a disabled, LGBTQ+ veteran?

Hey, their word choices, not mine....:blankstare:
What if I identify as a woman, minority, disabled, LGBTQ+, Veteran ??? I should be go to go right?

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I managed to get "Liberty" for the middle name of my 1 month old daughter. My wife's best friend, also the wokest, said that Liberty "sounded Republican". This, coming from a so-called liberal, derived from the latin "liber", meaning free. Coincidentally the same root for liberty. How many letters different is liberal and liberty again? Liberal and liberty go hand in hand, but as usual, the left ruins all it touches.

Equal outcomes is more important than equal freedom.:rolleyes:
The school our kids goto teaches Latin. That is the way they get by the “states” foreign language requirement.

Latin starts in the 4th grade. It ia our kids favorite subject in school.

It is kind of strange when they speak in Latin around me and my wife. We often wonder what they are saying.

hmmm .. many of my Male Marine friends thought a large % of Female Marines may identify as "L" ...
All the guys I knew who were in the marines refered to the women who were enlisted as sluts.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score