Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
An example of how dumb liberals do things backwards. Here's how Oregon is fixing the problem of properties being destroyed by wildfires:

Step 1: Notice there is a problem.
Step 2: Pass a law imposing regulations to fix it.
Step 3: Decide who the regulations apply to.
Step 4: Make up the regulations. (The only step not completed yet. In fact, not even started.)
Step 5: Declare victory. (Done! "...the agency doesn’t know the cost yet but said the agency feels it's worth it.")

About a month ago the state sent letters to thousands of property owners notifying them of being in a high risk wildfire area and that they will be required to conform to new regulations that will be written in a year or two, by unelected bureaucrats. The risk determinations were made with no inspections of individual properties. Some large areas that are green year-round are classified as high risk. After mass outcry about how flawed the process is, the state says it will put more work into the risk map. Early comments make it sound like they have no intention of changing anything other than enhancing the explanations.

Example of listening to the constituents: ...a duplex that was placed in two different fire risk categories has been cited by numerous critics...
The response:
“One will be more at risk because that’s the direction that the fire is going to go because of conditions,” he said. “You wouldn’t see that by standing on the ground. But the tool is getting at that level of detail that people may not see or understand.”

Which I translate as: We're the experts and you common people are too dumb to grasp our superiority.

Oregon pulls wildfire risk map after homeowner backlash
Swamped by public outcry, Oregon withdraws controversial wildfire risk map

View attachment 135714
I have a novel idea…. Open up logging in the state.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More media hypocrisy. When you engage in propaganda, you are no longer a news source.

View attachment 135732
If that's true then we've been receiving "climate warnings" a long, long time down here in the southeast, especially FL. Seen a lot of severe lightning in my 73 years in GA, AL & FL.....not less and not more in that time frame. Besides, anyone with an ounce of functional gray matter between their ears should know that 73 years...heck, 1,000 years...is an indistinguishable blip on the earth's timeline.

Reaction score
More media hypocrisy. When you engage in propaganda, you are no longer a news source.

View attachment 135732
I love it. Remember a few years ago when we had some of the coldest days on record? Some folks said that proved that global warming was not happening, but the green folks said that you can't judge the climate based on a few weeks of cold. But now you CAN judge the climate based on one lightning bolt!

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
and their inability/ineptness at getting laid.
I suspect she doesn't have that issue.

I sent my family to my parents house and hastily rigged a a couple sprinklers to the roof. Only took about 30min to set up.

It pretty well covered the whole property since it's a small lot.

If you are serious about bush fire protection look at something like this, and clean out your gutters.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It sucks that this lightning strike took the lives of a lovely couple :( May they RIP

May as well make the headline: "Sign that God hates Biden"
Clearly though, God got inspired by Black Hawk Down and gave a preview in the vicinity of the WH. Question is now....will POTUS finally wake up? Or will his teleprompter continue to do all the talking?

edit