Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
There is some kind of mental illness that is contagious and dangerous to the well being of humans. Somehow I think y'all may have mentioned it in this very thread...it's at the tip of my tongue.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
There is some kind of mental illness that is contagious and dangerous to the well being of humans. Somehow I think y'all may have mentioned it in this very thread...it's at the tip of my tongue.

I hope they banned the
"athlete" that wrote it, too. I suspect the word that was read was probably ok, you know, cause certain people can use certain words and thats.......ok, in the. liberals eyes.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Absolutely the most beautiful place I have ever had the pleasure of living in. Stunning...every day just rejuvenated me. However, though the grass is ALWAYS greener in Hawaii, dig a little deeper and you will find all of the corrupt worms running the place. It is indeed a liberal cesspool. But, keep the blinders on when you visit, and you will still be in awe. I truly wish I could live there...but with the TERRIBLE school system they have, I would never put my kids thru it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely the most beautiful place I have ever had the pleasure of living in. Stunning...every day just rejuvenated me. However, though the grass is ALWAYS greener in Hawaii, dig a little deeper and you will find all of the corrupt worms running the place. It is indeed a liberal cesspool. But, keep the blinders on when you visit, and you will still be in awe. I truly wish I could live there...but with the TERRIBLE school system they have, I would never put my kids thru it.
Been there a few time myself since '70, 4 or 5 visits when on active duty, twice on vacation but never lived there.
IIRC, one of the highest states for electricity cost per kWh. Should be interesting when charging an EV.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been to Kauai, Maui, Big Island, and Oahu. I listed them from favorite to least.

Kauai was really the first unique place I had traveled as an adult, and it blew me away. Such an experience to hike in such lush tropical beauty.

Been there a few time myself since '70, 4 or 5 visits when on active duty, twice on vacation but never lived there.
IIRC, one of the highest states for electricity cost per kWh. Should be interesting when charging an EV.
I just had this conversation on the EV forum I'm on. Some people say solar electricity is cheaper than conventional sources right now. Let's assume that's true for a moment...

Hawaii is about the most ideal place in the US for solar panels. At 20 degrees latitude, daylight hours don't vary much through the seasons. Sunlight is very direct, and very consistent. Temperatures remain relatively steady throughout the year. The amount of power that can be generated by sunlight in the winter months is similar to the amount of power one could generate in the summer.

Hawaii has the most expensive electricity in the US. They have more reason than anyone to go full solar / battery. Why haven't they done that if solar is so cheap and their location absolutely ideal? You'd think at least the Big Island would be totally solar considering the large landmass, much of it volcanic wasteland, and the small population.

At least one of these statements has to be true;

a. Hawaiians are dumb (because they didn't go all solar even though it's cheaper)
b. Solar is dumb (because it's not cost effective)

I'm stating that provocatively even though I have solar where it's really dumb to have it, and I like Hawaiians (despite their politics).

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Jordan B Peterson :

Better to stand forward, awake, when the costs are relatively low--and, perhaps, when the potential rewards have not yet vanished. Better to stand forward before the ability to do so has been irretrievably compromised.

1660098189673.png

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I hope they banned the
"athlete" that wrote it, too. I suspect the word that was read was probably ok, you know, cause certain people can use certain words and thats.......ok, in the. liberals eyes.
That depends on the spelling of the word. If the word ends in ga, is acceptable, but the one ending in er is not.