PSA: Dahua PFA130E Junction Box

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The Dahua PFA130E Junction Box is compatible with many Dahua cameras in respect to all shapes and sizes. If you're buying Dahua cameras and the documentation for that specific camera model only states one specific junction box ask actual buyers and owners here on the forum before you buy. There's no point of buying a junction box made specifically for only one type of camera / camera model. I've noticed PFA130E junction box is compatible with turrets and bullet cameras, fixed lens and varifocal models.

In one of the cameras I purchased recently, the Dahua documentation stated that the camera is compatible with the PFA135; but this model is compatible with the PFA130E as well (even though this is not specified on the documentation). It always works best to buy a junction box which is slightly larger and can accommodate multiple wires as well as be compatible with multiple models. This is especially helpful when you desire to upgrade an existing model to something else; you don't want to be dismounting a junction box and remounting a new one in its place, from a structural integrity-standpoint.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The Dahua PFA130E Junction Box has got to be the best junction box design Dahua has ever made, provided that the end-user installs and sets it up correctly.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So basically camera documentation should be taken with a grain of salt. Is there some way to know or find out in particular especially for these new cameras, surely camera specifications could be cross referenced with junction box? Makes sense now why Andy doesn't stock some boxes but has PFA130, is that much similar or different to PFA138?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The cameras which have 4 screw holes will still need the PFA121 junction box.

However, most cameras with the 3 screw holes can work universally with the PFA130e mount. I wouldn't waste money on any other mount especially if you intend to upgrade or switch between Varifocal and Fixed lenses (vice versa) down the line.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not entirely in agreement with the document. Its very misleading. Its almost as if its not really kept up to date. Ever since the iteration of the PFA130e mount, documentation has never been updated.

Its almost as if Dahua wants you to buy very specific mounts when in reality its not necessary. Save your money, and cross check with members here on the forum before you resort to buying a specific mount model. Otherwise the PFA130e is the ultimate mount, at least for now.

@Arjun
Is the attached PDF document "Dahua accessory selection document" from the Cliff Notes applicable and accurate as far as you know?