PTZ camera identification

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, you failed on that one.
That's an expensive Nikkor 55-300mm high-zoom lens on your D5500 - what do your by-laws say about going around photographing private property with it?
Lol on the GPS data ...
Those are the first things i look after also. Gotta love the modern technology :D :D

@Santiago Dunbar , Taking pictures of the neighbors property and his belongings, and then posting those online to the world, without permission of the owner (your neighbor) is not that legal either....

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wtf? maybe your neighbor is better off purchasing some assault rifles instead of security cams if you HOA is against cams....that would make your neighborhood a safer place. Right?

I hate what the NRA has done to our country, but maybe its time to set a new non-profit advocate for security cams...we can call it the National Security Camera Association...the NSCA and start soliciting for donations and lawyers.
Your acronym is already in use by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. I don't see that actually doing any good.

My problem is with the reckless gun culture today's NRA promotes. Their purpose today is to lobby to sell as many guns and bullets as possible and block any reasonable restrictions on firearms even things that might reduce the flow of illegal weapons from the US to Mexico or stop a terrorist attack. Today's NRA is just a puppet for the gun manufactures and foreign governments. I used to be a card carrying member, but don't want anything to do with today's nra.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your acronym is already in use by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. I don't see that actually doing any good.

My problem is with the reckless gun culture today's NRA promotes. ..
Hi Tangent,

Looking at the facts, and the social science aspects of the ability to influence culture:

The NRA has a significantly lesser ability to promote gun culture than the numerous "entertainment" products, from big screen movies, to the small screen, to FPS video games.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NRA has a significantly lesser ability to promote gun culture than the numerous "entertainment" products, from big screen movies, to the small screen, to FPS video games.
The NRA invests in and directly distributes (launching soon if it hasn't already) "entertainment" often promoting reckless use of firearms.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's a lot more to the entire issue than what popular media wishes to portray,
There's also a lot more to the issue than what Faux News dumdits say about it.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NRA inverts in and directly distributes (launching soon if it hasn't already) "entertainment" often promoting reckless use of firearms.
HI Tangent,

Let's get off the emotional train.. let's follow the money, the ROI on investment into influencing culture.

Madison Avenue and Wall Street knows who have the eyeballs and the ability to dramatically change US culture.

The NRA, or other similar groups like the AARP, simply does NOT have significant power with regards to impacting the culture of the USA.

IF THEY DID then numerous brands would be flocking to the NRA to place advertisements.

Instead brands look to place ADs during the superbowl on TV, on popular shows on TV, product placement in movies, and ads and product placements with "social media" influencers on their respective social media outlets, as well as product placements in games.

It's really easy to put all the blame on the NRA, but the truth is they have a minimal impact on culture.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
NPR, the atlantic, lol...NPR does not embolden any of those incidents. Gun free "safe" zones do. NRA does awesome work.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NPR, the atlantic, lol...NPR does not embolden any of those incidents. Gun free "safe" zones do. NRA does awesome work.
just because a faux didn't say it doesn't mean it isn't true. Why was the NRA convention a "gun free zone" this year?

Don't get me wrong, if somebody gives me enough cause, I'll make their fucking day. The NRA is just another case of Libertarian assholes ruining everything.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just because a faux didn't say it doesn't mean it isn't true. Why was the NRA convention a "gun free zone" this year?
Why do you presume I get my info from fox. They are a bit too left for me.
As far as the NRA convention - You know very well that the reason it was a gun free is because the president and vice president was in attendance and the SECRET SERVICE was there to protect ALL. When the president left there was no restriction on carrying. Why you had to intentionally misrepresent the facts to present your false narrative is beyond me.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
― Mark Twain​

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you presume I get my info from fox.
I don't presume, faux news was used simply as a euphemism for the a wide variety of right wing fictitious news.
They are a bit too left for me.
This is precisely the biggest problem with our county. It's far too easy for people to get "news" that fits/manipulates their world view and is at times completely devoid of pesky little facts all the while our democracy slows slips away. There are so many important issues that are completely ignored by almost all media. Just look at how little coverage the "Location Smart" scandal received.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My problem is with the reckless gun culture today's NRA promotes. Their purpose today is to lobby to sell as many guns and bullets as possible and block any reasonable restrictions on firearms even things that might reduce the flow of illegal weapons from the US to Mexico or stop a terrorist attack. Today's NRA is just a puppet for the gun manufactures and foreign governments.
Obama's golden boy Eric Holder did a pretty good job of arming Mexicans, didn't he?

I used to be a card carrying member, but don't want anything to do with today's nra.
See ya....wouldn't want to be ya !

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Give these a read:
Before the NRA turned in to the reckless school shooting and domestic terrorist emboldening machine it is today, it was simply racist.
Hi Tangent,

1) It is a simple fact that the NRA does not have much control over US culture. It simply does not.

2) The USA has been a "gun culture" since before it's birth. The NRA actually is a progeny of that. ( Chicken or Egg, which came first - in this case clearly the NRA came after the US became a "gun culture" )
You can say the US gun culture started when the British Royal Troops attempted to disarm the colonists. ( And the Brits are still happily working to dis-arm America .. )

Anyone claiming that the NRA is all powerful and able to create the USA into what it is, is clearly misrepresenting the power of such a group and clearly overlooking the power of the mass media, and the recent evolution of social media as well as video games.

The NRA, like the AARP, has limited power - the power they and other organizations have lies within their membership voting, not on their ability to make a significant influence to US culture.

3) In 1956 ( or there about ) the local Monroe NRA chapter was formed by a ex-US Marine to protect the Black community in Monroe Al from the KKK.
You can read more about it in the book: Negroes with guns.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wtf? maybe your neighbor is better off purchasing some assault rifles instead of security cams if you HOA is against cams....that would make your neighborhood a safer place. Right?

I hate what the NRA has done to our country, but maybe its time to set a new non-profit advocate for security cams...we can call it the National Security Camera Association...the NSCA and start soliciting for donations and lawyers.
Yeah, the NRA got my second cousin pregnant, too. I'm pretty sure they are also responsible for an alarming increase in cancer among laboratory rats and had a hand in global warming as well.

Since you're so damn smart, may I ask what you meant by "...I hate what the NRA has done to our country" ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't presume, faux news was used simply as a euphemism for the a wide variety of right wing fictitious news.

This is precisely the biggest problem with our county. It's far too easy for people to get "news" that fits/manipulates their world view and is at times completely devoid of pesky little facts all the while our democracy slows slips away. There are so many important issues that are completely ignored by almost all media. Just look at how little coverage the "Location Smart" scandal received.
exactly like your fake news and your deliberate misrepresentation about the NRA and the gun free zone...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The NRA is simply an organization of 5+ million members with a common cause of protecting our 2nd Amendment against those who have publicly called for its repeal. They’re biggest contribution is to gun safety education. Millions have been trained through their safety courses. Most Civilian and Law Enforcement Firearm Training in the country is provided by NRA certified Instructors like myself. I AM the NRA. The NRA is not the problem; indeed, they are part of the solution. But people armed only with emotion in place of facts and reason need a boogeyman, I get that.