PTZ IP Camera with Auto Track

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Need a advice need a good PTZ camera which can auto track say car and specially people walking up to my front door or driveway. It needs to auto track and pretty good quality Budget is About $500

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go for multiple cameras. With auto track, will more than likely miss what you want to see. It will be pointed at the wrong thing. For $500 you can get 4 or 5 good starlight cameras.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you tell me a good starlight camera and a good PTZ I can even go up To $1000 if they are really good cameras .. I just want to make sure they give me detail image If I need them .. Ever. hope not but Just want a really good quality image out of them. Specially at night want to pick up good face details.

Also if some of the starlight or dome camera have say Vandal Proof Casing

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The SD6CE245U is a good camera. Contact @EMPIRETECANDY . He is the go-to dahua supplier.

I use multiple fixed cameras pointed at each other. Also mount low for face reconization. Getting a face is really hard, test wearing a hoodie, sun glasses and a ball cap.

What type of problem are you trying to solve? If exterior, a Google satellite overhead shot is very helpful.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 9.01.23 PM.png Hi Andy and yankee thank you so here is the shot of one of the camera which is going to be for picking up license plates which I got from Andy

So I need another one to cover my drive way and front yard in one corner... So IF someone is walking by there it will get them on film with there face details

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 35883 Hi Andy and yankee thank you so here is the shot of one of the camera which is going to be for picking up license plates which I got from Andy

So I need another one to cover my drive way and front yard in one corner... So IF someone is walking by there it will get them on film with there face details
Daytime the ptz can watch the license plate no problem, for the night time better check with @looney2ns if can watch the License plate at night.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I think he's already got a 5231 Z12 setup for the LPR and is looking to get a PTZ to catch the folks walking by.
Hi Everyone first of all thank you for such a responsive and great support, So Yes I do have Z12 Already for LPR what I need is see another camera watching general street and also for people walking by my front door and yard and the driveway.

I think like some of you pointed out PTZ auto track might not track the people I want time to time.. So Like you guys are saying either go multiple dome or Starlight cameras.

So what would you recommend say to watch the general street which camera is good ? for that and drive way and motion if I choose to go multiple ? Again for both day and night.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone first of all thank you for such a responsive and great support, So Yes I do have Z12 Already for LPR what I need is see another camera watching general street and also for people walking by my front door and yard and the driveway.

I think like some of you pointed out PTZ auto track might not track the people I want time to time.. So Like you guys are saying either go multiple dome or Starlight cameras.

So what would you recommend say to watch the general street which camera is good ? for that and drive way and motion if I choose to go multiple ? Again for both day and night.
Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE
If you don't need audio then: Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal
Be sure to read the cliff notes, and the lpr section.