PTZ move upon certain zone trigger

dirk6665

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
All, I like to "think" I am pretty adept with BI... but this one has me stumped. So with motion detection you can have different zones, right? Okay - I have a PTZ camera on the corner of my house that is typically trained on my driveway. I also have a very wide-angle on my garage that sees the same area and more (170 degree FOV). So when someone, say UPS, comes up the driveway and crosses onto my sidewalk (which leads to my front door) that triggers zone "C" on my wide angle. I wish to then move the PTZ to the front door, wait some time and then have it return to its normal (read: scheduled) position.

Issue is, I don't think BI has any method for triggering on certain 'zones' being violated - so any time any zone on the wide angle gets violated, the PTZ swings to the front door (and stays there). :(

A standalone wireless motion detector (DIO interface?) would work ( I cannot homerun the wires back to my office - the length and work needed are too great). Not sure if there are any wireless solutions that can send a signal back to a "home base" unit and then plug into a USB port or similar?

Anyone have any ideas on how I can achieve this goal? I recall some time ago Ken stating that a future version would have motion tracking capability, but I have heard nothing more on that subject and I think that would be an awesome feature to have... along with being able to run specific triggers on selected zones.

Thanks all.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Following, need the same thing..... @nayr has something similar on Dahua but a custom app