PTZ not working (poe)

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi there

i just fitted my dahua ptz (SD6AL230F-HNI) and its connected via to a 60w poe injector, the camera doesn't power on for some reason.
i've tested the cable and it's working fine, i've also tried a second poe injector and the camera still doesn't work. does anyone have any ideas (the nvr doesn't find it nor does the config tool when i connect it to the router (via the poe injector)

thanks

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried an external PSU?

Does it require POE+?
I tried the power brick it came with and it didn't work, so went back to the shop and got a replacement camera, and this one doesn't seem to work as well

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Data sheet says it needs 43 watts, so that 60w is plenty.

Get the shop to power it up on a bench?

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Data sheet says it needs 43 watts, so that 60w is plenty.

Get the shop to power it up on a bench?
Thanks for your message, i cant go back to the shop until next week because it's far away so i was hoping I've just missed something out, what's the chances of two cameras being dead hey lol

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
According to the spec, it's a 24V AC PoE requirement: "AC24V/3A(±25%), Hi-PoE"
Is that the spec for the power brick it came with?
its connected via to a 60w poe injector, the camera doesn't power on for some reason.
What type of PoE injector did you try?

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
According to the spec, it's a 24V AC PoE requirement: "AC24V/3A(±25%), Hi-PoE"
Is that the spec for the power brick it came with?

What type of PoE injector did you try?
I tried a few different Poe injector, also tried using different cat6 cables and still not working

Last edited:

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know how much you paid for your SD6AL230F-HNI, but retail sells for over $2k USD ( B&H Photography is $2,200). I hope you didn't damage it, because that is a lot of money not covered under warranty. May I recommend some advice. Find someone who knows what they're doing to help you out. Reading some of your posts on this forum, either you aren't reading the instruction manuals or don't understand them. Mine works just fine with the OEM's power adapter (24 VAC/3000 mA) using passive PoE over 25m of CAT5e cable.
What is passive poe

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My CAT5e cable terminates on a patch panel with the power leads from the AC adapter connected to corresponding CAT5e power signals. I made a custom patch cord to connect data signals from the patch panel to my router. Very simple and cost effective solution :)

Here is an example of a PoE splitter:
Amazon.com: Tycon Systems POE-SPLT-S Passive Splitter 5.5 & 2.1 mm. DC Shielded - Black: Home Audio & Theater
Using junk like that costs almost as much as a proper 802.3 poe switch...also note that using the splitters does not work on long distance runs unless you compensate for the attenuation....they are also bulky and mess for installs....pretty silly ideal to mess with that.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.