PTZ with autotracking recommendations

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All,
Looking for recommendations....
I am replacing one of my Amcrest cameras (ASH 43, 106 FOV). its a $50 camera and I got what I paid for.
Looking for a PTZ with zoomed autotracking. (I want it to zoom in on the target, full body).
Right now I have Amcrest, Dahua and Reolink running under BlueIris5 cameras (10 cameras). (I want to stay with one of these brands)
I may be cutting off the top of the tree so it has more view.

Newer or new release is preferred.

Currently I have this at a different location.. This is 3 years old. It zooms well but the tracking isn't great. (stop sign stops tracking, trees stop tracking and doesn't have pet tracking..and it was $400)
Loryata 2MP Starlight 25X Optical Zoom IR PTZ Smart AI IP Camera Support Auto-Tracking, Perimeter Protection,PoE+,Face Detection,Smart Capture, SD49225XA-HNR. I also have the 4 MP version as well.

I've been looking at the Reolink Trackview. Haven't really investigated anything else yet.

Looking for 15 to 25 optical zoom (I think)
Night vision
Pet tracking is a must
Zoomed Autotracking

Budget to be $125-200 . If there is an outstanding camera in the $250-350 range, let me know those options too,
I don't need local storage.
I can do WIFI or POE. I ran AC power to this spot as well
Need wide field of view..at least 100. Ive seen some with 60 and that's too narrow

Please let me know your thoughts

Attachments

Last edited: