Pull Event Snapshots from camera using HTTP

ShaiBT

n3wb
Reaction score
Event triggers (motion, line crossing, etc) on the camera can be linked to email, FTP,etc so that the event is sent by email (for example) that includes snapshots relevant to the event (assuming snapshots are configured).
What I'd like to achieve is to fetch (or even better receive in push) those snapshots from the camera.
I can easily use this API to get the event stream from the camera: /ISAPI/Event/notification/alertStream
but that doesn't include snapshots or snapshot info.
Anyone have any experience with this? My requirement is to pull/push EVENT snapshots to a custom server - email and FTP are not an option.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Event triggers (motion, line crossing, etc) on the camera can be linked to email, FTP,etc so that the event is sent by email (for example) that includes snapshots relevant to the event (assuming snapshots are configured).
What I'd like to achieve is to fetch (or even better receive in push) those snapshots from the camera.
I can easily use this API to get the event stream from the camera: /ISAPI/Event/notification/alertStream
but that doesn't include snapshots or snapshot info.
Anyone have any experience with this? My requirement is to pull/push EVENT snapshots to a custom server - email and FTP are not an option.

Thanks
It might be easier if you explain what you are trying to accomplish. There may be a better way.

ShaiBT

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a server that processes still images for additional analysis of the scene in real-time.
The key scenes are ones where the camera detects an event: motion/line-crossing/region entry.
What I'm trying to accomplish is to create an event snapshot "stream" to my server. I don't really need the video feed as I'm interested only in the snapshots that were created by the event. Basically I need:
1) to know an event occurred (preferably also receive event metadata)
2) to receive the frame(s) associated with the event.
Because the camera has already captured and saved those snapshots my thinking it would be easier simply to fetch them rather to process a live video stream.

Hope this is clearer :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the camera has already captured and saved those snapshots
Where do you think the camera has saved them?
Any image storage is only transient in RAM while the image is transmitted over email or FTP.
There is no image to retrieve after that action is complete.

ShaiBT

n3wb
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson I guess that’s what I’m asking:
Is there a way to make the camera send the snapshot to an HTTP URL (not FTP or email) or receive it by listening to a specific REST api.