Push: failed 80090328 to iPhone, check security exemptions and service Login

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Version 5.6.5.9
Any idea what the cause / fix is for this?

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But is he going to do anything about it? I have current support contract (whatever we want to call it) with BI and have sent this in to support multiple times with NO RESPONSE at all.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But is he going to do anything about it? I have current support contract (whatever we want to call it) with BI and have sent this in to support multiple times with NO RESPONSE at all.
But are you sending in support emails as per the instructions in the help file? If not, he may never see them.
And sending multiple support emails on the same subject just push's them down the que.

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, on more then one topic over the last year. Followed directions to a T. Never a response. No, "hey got it, will look" nothing.

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you ever get a confirmation from Ken on this? I installed the Blue Iris iOS App and couldn't get the push notifications to work even though I can review and access it remotely just fine. Whenever I tried a test push notification, i'm getting an error "Push: failed 80090308 to Mobile Device; check security exemptions and service login". Is that same error you got? I'm on latest 16..4.1 iOS software update btw.

Anyone else having an issue with their push notifications through Blue Iris app? I don't think this is a networking issue since I'm not seeing failed outbound traffic to the internet from Blue Iris. Does anyone know if Blue Iris requires direct connectivity to the actual device itself for the push notification or does it piggy the push notification to Apple and then apple sends it down to the device?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ever get a confirmation from Ken on this? I installed the Blue Iris iOS App and couldn't get the push notifications to work even though I can review and access it remotely just fine. Whenever I tried a test push notification, i'm getting an error "Push: failed 80090308 to Mobile Device; check security exemptions and service login". Is that same error you got? I'm on latest 16..4.1 iOS software update btw.

Anyone else having an issue with their push notifications through Blue Iris app? I don't think this is a networking issue since I'm not seeing failed outbound traffic to the internet from Blue Iris. Does anyone know if Blue Iris requires direct connectivity to the actual device itself for the push notification or does it piggy the push notification to Apple and then apple sends it down to the device?
As per release notes, you must update to 5.7.1 or newer to get apple push notifications. Apple requires a yearly certificate renewal.

Updated Apple push notification service which will expire April 2, 2023; use version 5.7.1
or newer for uninterrupted push notifications from the iOS app. The new expiration is April
2, 2024.

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As per release notes, you must update to 5.7.1 or newer to get apple push notifications. Apple requires a yearly certificate renewal.

Updated Apple push notification service which will expire April 2, 2023; use version 5.7.1
or newer for uninterrupted push notifications from the iOS app. The new expiration is April
2, 2024.
Thanks fenderman. I saw some other threads from google of people mentioning about updating Blue Iris so I tried that and doesn't seem to fix the issue. I was already on 5.7.3.0 and and updated to latest stable, which is 5.7.4.2. I restarted Blue Iris and even enable/disable notification within the Mobile Devices tab, but no luck in getting it working.

j0nnnn

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I’m seeing the same issue with BI version 5.5.6.5. I was planning to stick with this version and not upgrade, but I can’t get iOS notifications without buying a new license to update?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried items outlined in this thread?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I’m seeing the same issue with BI version 5.5.6.5. I was planning to stick with this version and not upgrade, but I can’t get iOS notifications without buying a new license to update?
Correct. This is because there is a certificate from apple that needs to be updated. You can use pushover for notifications.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think DeepStack has become 'unsupported' by BI, they have shifted toward integrating CodeProject.AI but plenty of people still use DeepStack on the latest stable version of BI

You sound very entitled demanding instant support for your $29-$99 annual fee which renews your license thus giving you latest updates and support. And yet, you refuse to update to the latest version but expect Ken to support your issues? How many versions back, exactly, do you think Ken should be supporting?

Upgrade to the latest stable version and your problem will be fixed, then you'll also be on a supported version of BI.

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
iOS push notifications are not working for me as well. SMS text messages work but aren't reliable. I'm on an iphone 14 pro, blue iris 5.7.6.7. I tried all the listed trouble shooting steps in this forum. Can someone confirm iOS Push Notifications are actually working in general?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine are working. Same phone. I'm on 5.7.4.1.

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine are working. Same phone. I'm on 5.7.4.1.
Wouldyou mind screen shotting your settings pertaining to notifications and see if i'm overlooking something? I've even gone through the Remove Access Wizard and have green checks on everything.

Last edited:

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i tihnk the issue is on my phone itself. the blue iris app doesn't have access to notifications for some reason.. I'll investigate that further.