Push Notification Preview images doesn't show while on LAN

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the android app, when I'm away I can see the preview images when I get notification from BI. however, when I'm at home, the images doesn't show up. I do receive the notification but just a blank preview. Does anyone else have this issue?

n3wb
Reaction score
How is your BI exposed to the outside world? Port mapping on your router? HTTP or HTTPS?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how did you setup to get push notification on your bi app?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No my port is 81 both inside out

@TL1096r I wasn't aware of multiple process to achieve this. Go into alerts, setup mobile devices, enable push in app

Keep in mind that I'm getting the push notification both while inside and out but when I'm inside I don't get the preview picture.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry yeah I have same issue but it seems to show a video icon. How do you get a display image through alerts instead.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what I'm seeing outside of my network. When

See how it's a blank screen when I'm on my lan?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are using pushover. I am just using the app itself. I thought the app showed a screenshot of the notification on your phone.

But I hope someone can help with your issue as others must be having it.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ignore the push over, that's my alert from Homeseer, nothing to do with blue iris.

I'm using the BI app and it's built in push notifications

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ignore the push over, that's my alert from Homeseer, nothing to do with blue iris.

I'm using the BI app and it's built in push notifications
Sorry. My bi app looks different. No photos at all show. Is there a setting to get it to show? I have version 2.0.65

Sorry I don't mean to take away from your issue. I am sure more eyes will be on it though with more replies :)

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No worries, I remember there was a setting that u need to tick in order to have the jpg show up. On IOS they get animated GIF I wish Android get it soon.

This is not a new feature, just not one that isn't widely discussed I guess.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok fixed it to have photos. And I have that blank white box on bottom - no photos on inside or outside of network. :(

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I supposed I'm supposed to feel better? LOL

hopefully someone has a definitive answer for us both

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe we are the only 2 people with this issue? I don't see them on lan or wan.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my issue is less stressing since I do get an image when I'm not home which is where it matters. I have tablets and google displays all over that house that casts the stream to when there are motions. I just hate leaving things hanging that's all.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my issue is less stressing since I do get an image when I'm not home which is where it matters. I have tablets and google displays all over that house that casts the stream to when there are motions. I just hate leaving things hanging that's all.
yes but odd it is an issue. Showing images is a big part of what makes a good app/alerts - the most basic china hacka p2p cams have the feature.

that is a great idea. so the video is off until an alert happens then video shows? How do you do this with BI if you don't mind me asking :)

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use a combination of Homeseer with a Chromecast plugin for the Google displays and Imperihome plugin to display the Android tablets.

Have to created virtual sensors within homeseer to be triggered by BI webhooks to trigger the event that casts the camera.

If u don't already have a home automation system, Home Assistant is free and can achieve this. Neither is perfect but it's all that's available now in terms of custom systems. Buying nest cameras which works natively with Google would take a lot of stress away but that's a big no no for me when it comes to cameras

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I am not so much into the entire home automation thing. I like it simple just the cams/notifications and VPN to keep thing safer.

I wonder if this has to do with BI5?