Q-See Closing Doors Jan 31st 2021 No More Remote Viewing, Options to fix

Reaction score
" .. but i cant ad them manually because it says you reached the maximum number of the cameras .. "

sounds like you've maxed out the channels .. try to delete some channels ( "cameras" )

remember you may need to sync user / password and ports as well as substream info ..

Ideally both the NVR and cameras are Dahua OEM .. so they can use the Dahua APIs .. otherwise you will need to try ONVIF settings

Not sure how to delete the previous IP and channels because i have 12 cameras and the NVR has 16 channels

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how to delete the previous IP and channels because i have 12 cameras and the NVR has 16 channels
The error message you provided seems to be associated with the number of channels hitting it's programmed limit.

Reaction score
" .. but i cant ad them manually because it says you reached the maximum number of the cameras .. "

sounds like you've maxed out the channels .. try to delete some channels ( "cameras" )

remember you may need to sync user / password and ports as well as substream info ..

Ideally both the NVR and cameras are Dahua OEM .. so they can use the Dahua APIs .. otherwise you will need to try ONVIF settings

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how do i reset that because as i said I only have 12 cameras and the NVR is 16-channels
Hi @Applemaconly

I don't have your NVR, so I can only give you an answer based on what we have generally seen that is associated with the error you shared ..

also check the bandwidth used and the bandwidth your NVR can handle .. it is possible that the error generated is misleading ..

you may have configured more channels than cameras you have .. you need to check your channels that you have assigned ..

Reaction score
Hi @Applemaconly

I don't have your NVR, so I can only give you an answer based on what we have generally seen that is associated with the error you shared ..

also check the bandwidth used and the bandwidth your NVR can handle .. it is possible that the error generated is misleading ..

you may have configured more channels than cameras you have .. you need to check your channels that you have assigned ..

Attachments

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed Q SEE has started a new Q SEE company? I looked through the forum but didn't see this. Anyone have any other information out there?

!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed Q SEE has started a new Q SEE company? I looked through the forum but didn't see this. Anyone have any other information out there?

!

interesting @toolmaker68

Do we have any back ground ? Bankruptcy, and another group bought them out ?
or ??

1696259830093.png

1696259945906.png

Reaction score
I don't know, that's why I was asking. Whatever the case, it's disgusting to see. Why in the world would you even use that brand to "start up" a new company?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know, that's why I was asking. Whatever the case, it's disgusting to see. Why in the world would you even use that brand to "start up" a new company?
short domain name is worth some money iirc ..

whomever got to keep that from the bankruptcy thinks it is valuable .. guess to restart the company ..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like someone simply bought the trademark name similar to how Toys R Us is "back"

From the new QSee website:

In defining our future, we looked to our past. For the past many years, we’ve been holding your security in our hands. After a break, we are back! We are a new Qsee with a change in brand trademark ownership, new technology, new products, and a new look to be your best home security provider. And wish to rebuild clients' relationships in different ways. While many companies and global economies continue to fade and struggle to grow during the pandemic, there is one bright spot in the business landscape for Qsee to come back with more advanced technology to ease people’s daily life "Trust in us for the past 20 years".

What happened to the old Qsee and what’s the new Qsee?
True, the COVID pandemic impacted Qsee distribution and services but, The Qsee brand with its innovative home security solutions is something we cannot afford to lose. As the new owners of Qsee, we have witnessed the history of the past 20 years and we hope that we can continue its philosophy of bringing a better smart life in the future. So we are proud to promote the brand "Qsee" once again to ensure their customers with smart homes have a better smarter life with control of all Qsee products in one Qsee Smart Home App..

Qsee liability
Thank you for your past support of the Qsee brand. We are kindly notifying you that we are no longer committed to the old products of Qsee. The reason why is, We only transferred the trademark from the old Q-See. However, We do want to hold and use the old Q-See Server and hardware but unfortunately, we couldn’t, that’s the reason why old Q-See products cannot be connected to the new Qsee App. However, we will hold back the old Qsee customers with new offers exclusively only for you. We've made it easy for you to purchase new Qsee products with a fantastic discount with coupons under specific conditions.
Thank you for your interest in the new Qsee with advanced technology, high quality, and user-friendly products.

So it sounds like simply the name was acquired and none of the assets or software.

stevedaly5

n3wb
Reaction score
It appears Q-See finally shut down their servers for P2P sharing. I just wanted to share what James Layer posted on the Q-See face book page. It will allow the apps to work only when connected to your home network. I'm researching more about what was mention above about doing a DNS service and then setting up a VPN to access for remote viewing. But here is a short term to view while on your home network not away.

James says: I was able to set up the QTview app on my computer to view cameras now that Qsee no longer supports the app viewing away from home. As long as you are home and on the same network as the NVR or DVR this should work. First, you will need to go into settings and find the IP address of your NVR or DVR. Once you have the IP address, go to Control Panel within the QTview app. Click on Device. Click on Add Device. click add, edit or Delete Device. Click on Add Device. At bottom part of screen where it says Start IP Address, enter the IP address of your NVR or DVR you located earlier. Then enter the admin password of your system and click apply. This worked for me.
NOW, if you want to get the app to work on your iPhone or IPad, open the QTview app. Tap on the three lines at top left hand corner of the app.Tap on Server List. Tap on the + symbol, top right hand corner of the app. Here you will enter your IP address of your NVR or DVR, where it says nickname, just type in whatever you want to call your camera system. At user, enter the user name for your system, could be admin or something else if you changed it. At password, enter the password of your system. Unless you changed it from the default, the default password should be 123456 then tap on Save. You should now be able to view your cameras on your home wi-if network through your phone or iPad.

This also works for the QC-View App: In the device manager it is the top right + sign to add and click camera. then wired devices then IP/Domain. Put your NVR's IP address and password and give it a name as well.
Do you know where I can get the setup.exe (install program) for QTView? I have it working on my home computer but I can't find the original install program to install on another windows computer.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider installing Bluestacks (a popular emulator that allows you to run Android apps on a PC) on that PC then installing the Android app as here:

Or on the below attached "zip" file, extract it to a folder and run the .exe file. I found and downloaded the file from here, Norton A/V found it safe, but use at your own risk! :oops:

Attachments

Last edited:

bhagwan11

n3wb
Reaction score
scenario: 1 old q-see system using dvr and dumb cams, still accessible remotely without port forwarding, 1 newer q-see system using Nvr and ip cams not accessible (haven't tried port forwarding yet)
I'm in the same situation. I also have an older system that still is viewable. The newer NVR is proving a difficult work in progress until I get smarter about all this computer setup stuff. I kind of started the setup when I got the new NVR but didn't complete it as it was going to a different house in a different state. Now I can't seem to connect to anything as I can't get the NVR to tell me anything. No support so I'm attempting to struggle through. I can't even get it to see the internet at times. The NVR wants a QR code for the set up wizard and I have no clue how to bypass or add manually. Frustrating.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. I also have an older system that still is viewable. The newer NVR is proving a difficult work in progress until I get smarter about all this computer setup stuff. I kind of started the setup when I got the new NVR but didn't complete it as it was going to a different house in a different state. Now I can't seem to connect to anything as I can't get the NVR to tell me anything. No support so I'm attempting to struggle through. I can't even get it to see the internet at times. The NVR wants a QR code for the set up wizard and I have no clue how to bypass or add manually. Frustrating.
What NVR do you have ?

bhagwan11

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have a model number it is probably on the box in another state. It is a Halifax 16 Ch NVR Nothing is marked with a model number, so I'm not sure.
I do know it is a Presidio H164K1.10 if that is a model number.

bhagwan11

n3wb
Reaction score
I do know it is a Presidio H164K1.10 if that is a model number.
Anybody know what other NVR's would work with the cameras I have with a Q see Presidio? The camera's are Bastion 4k Dome Cameras Model BA4KD1.1. I've come to the conclusion I will have to replace the NVR. Any help would be appreciated.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody know what other NVR's would work with the cameras I have with a Q see Presidio? The camera's are Bastion 4k Dome Cameras Model BA4KD1.1. I've come to the conclusion I will have to replace the NVR. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi @bhagwan11

I believe these were non-Dahua compared to the typical Dahua OEM prior models Q-see sold.

so perhaps Uniview or ?? don't recall the oem at this time .. I know I looked it up in the past and posted in a thread here ..

1711569374678.png
1711569452562.png

multiprefi

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes it works as I connect via IP address and only in home network. I cant see when I’m outside of the house. Is there any other ways to view remotely? Or I need to replace the whole system? So frustrated.