Q-See Closing Doors Jan 31st 2021 No More Remote Viewing, Options to fix

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
The Q-See app is gone so you need another. Try DMSS, Tiny cam or just search for an camera viewing app. NOTE: you will not be able to remote view, read the thread.
What the app will do is allow you to see your cameras on your phone or ipad. But only at your home on your own network.
Q-see View app for WIndows still works and allows me remote access. Except this one camera tht I reset because of unstable performance and now can't restore access to. Seems the issue is with fully resetting it which the button on the camera doesn't seem to perform. THat is why I'm looking for an alternative method to fully reset the camera and try to connect with default password.

alexj

n3wb
Reaction score
I have QC888 NVR and QCW2MPSL beacon wifi camera. I reset the camera thinking the issue is with wifi, so I thought the password is back to the factory default (admin), but neither that nor the one I set up in the Q-See Plus app being recognized.
Thank you!
Ok so the Camara is connected to your network wifi just fine? If so then you are then clicking on the camera registration and then search and then it shows up? But when added the status light is red? If so than it will be the password. Maybe remove the password and click connect.
H265 is not your issue. Your NVR is 4k newer model.

Attachments

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so the Camara is connected to your network wifi just fine? If so then you are then clicking on the camera registration and then search and then it shows up? But when added the status light is red? If so than it will be the password. Maybe remove the password and click connect.
Exactly. Tried everything, including blank password - still no connection. Meed to completely reset the camera to factory settings.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes factory reset so you can re-initialize and change the password. It will most likely change the IP address.

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes factory reset so you can re-initialize and change the password. It will most likely change the IP address.
But how? Reset button cycles throught the camera settings and hooks up to the wifi. But obviously doesn't change the password to default.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With power on press and hold the button under the plate for at least 15 seconds until the light changes.

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
The light changes even if I press it for a few seconds. But I did hold it for over 15 sec . No difference.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this an IP camera? I can't find a manual. Try holding the button for a minute to see if the light changes.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found this but it's the same thing. If it doesn't work you just may need to replace.

Attachments

alexj

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I was wondering what would happen if you rest one of the wifi cams that just uses qc plus to set up. Was there a message on the NVR like invalid password or login time expired?

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, replace with what? I'm stuck with Q-See cameras and software until Q-See View is taken off as well.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No you're not. You can use any IP camera with your NVR. You can view on your PC with Smart PSS, Blue Iris or any number of IP camera viewing software.
I was not using QC view to on mine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^Not every camera. Make sure it is ONVIF compliant. Arlo, Ring, Nest, etc. will not work with it.

Kevin2001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Romanigo1.

You use Q-see QC view on the phone it is working. You can add both NVR (use QR Code) & Wifi Camera (use scan IP) on it. Q-See P2P Server working now

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably best to stick with a Dahua (Manufacturer of the NVR) or an Newer Q-See. The Q-sees are cheap now but be prepared to factory reset to use if you buy used.

alexj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Romanigo1.

You use Q-see QC view on the phone it is working. You can add both NVR (use QR Code) & Wifi Camera (use scan IP) on it. Q-See P2P Server working now
Interesting that they turned it back on. They mentioned that their site will have support documents until March. But this may just be for temporary. I'm still going to keep moving forward with the VPN. My Azus router comes Sunday. Model RT-AX86U. With open VPN. I will keep everyone updated with this. There are cheaper Azus router that have VPN. I just wanted Wi-Fi 6.

Jorge65

n3wb
Reaction score
My Q-see Dvrs started to work again today. Is another company taking over the accounts of cloud/Dns service for remote viewing. Or is this just temporary?

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I figured it out and the camera is working. Apparently, when I reset the camera by pressing the reset button, it de-initialized and in order for the NVR to have access to it, it needs to be re-initialized. It couldn't have been done on Q-See NVR, but I found this very helpful link:
I wasn't able to lo in directly into the camera using the browser. Would be curious to know how to do it, because the IP address is not bringing up the Q-See interface.
So I took the next option - downloaded the config tool and initialized the camera. From there, it was a snap. Just put in the initialization password and the camera is back in business both directly on the NVR and on Q-See View.
Thanks to all that took the time to help out!

Reaction score
Hello All,
This post is about to generate 1000's of views. Many people are about to find out their Q-See systems will stop P2P sharing and will not be able to remote view because the vendor is going out of business tomorrow. Q-See has recommended to use remote access via DMZ and enable DHCP. Basically, turning off your router’s firewall and allowing an outside connection directly to your NVR. (directions found on their web site). However, everything I’ve read about it states this could open your network up to hacker attacks. I want to use this as a brain storming area and pick people’s knowledge. (Maybe port forwarding and how to do it). Please reframe from “you shouldn’t have bought Q-See in the first place (Yes Yes I know).

Option 1: Do the DMZ and risk it.

Option 2: So from what I have gather is that many of their systems were made by Dahua and should be easy to buy a Dahua NVR of similar specs and use their software and their web/phone apps to remote view. (Onvif compliant) For the most part plug and go.

Option 3: Buy or build a windows based computer/server for use as a NVR and buy a POE switch and install Blue Iris software to manage it. (most likely the most powerful and best way to achieve best recording) But uses more power than a standalone NVR?

For me I’m running a QC826 16 channel NVR (total record data max of 320MBPS) (4 full resolution channels and the rest up to 1080P) I have 3 different PTZ cameras and many 4K camera’s IP cameras and wireless cameras. Some direct connect and others running through google mesh system. I installed it myself and self-taught through trial and error. I’m looking at two different Dahua NVR models :
(Both 16 channels below)
N42B3P
nvr5216/5232-16p-4ks2e

I guess people will want to know about cost factor. It will depend on what others have already and what they want to do. I’m leaning toward a new/used Dahua NVR ($300 to $600) using the existing two hard drives in my current NVR. But if you have a computer you can convert, Blue Iris may work better.

Just to be clear all Q-see’s NVR's will still keep recording to the NVR and will be unaffected. Just remote viewing will be affected. Sorry for my typo’s just wanted to get this out and going

Alex

Hi there, I have Q-See NVR and cameras 4MP total 36 cameras 16 on the NVR avd the others on the switch but since I can’t view remotely the cameras I looking to buy a new NVR that will be compatible with my Q-See cameras , any suggestions of what NVR by brand and model that will support my 32 IP Q-See cameras ?

Reaction score
It depends if the cameras were made by Dahua or are ONVIF. What model numbers are your cameras and NVR?
Hi there, I have Q-See NVR and cameras 4MP total 36 cameras 16 on the NVR avd the others on the switch but since I can’t view remotely the cameras I looking to buy a new NVR that will be compatible with my Q-See cameras , any suggestions of what NVR by brand and model that will support my 32 IP Q-See cameras ?