Q-See Closing Doors Jan 31st 2021 No More Remote Viewing, Options to fix

RBurn

n3wb
Reaction score
You can use the Q-see app in and out of your network. Both both options you need to assign a private ip in the lan to the NVR so it does not change when he NVR or the router is rebooted.

#1 inside. Just pick the option IP in Q-see app and put In the ip that the Q-see NVR uses and you made sure by setting it in your router. Everything works the same now.
#2. In the router create a firewall setting for the private ip of the NVR and pro forward 37777 and 37778, I also did port 85 but look at your NVR system ip setting it will tell you the ports it uses.
Next step kinda sucks as you need to get a DDNS. My qc8816 only had 3 options and one was qsee ish and it may shut down soon, I looked up domain and it expires in April 2021 I believe. The other two options are not free but no-ip is $20 per year and it’s actually free monthly if you want to confirm it monthly. I tried to do ydns free ddns using another option (my NVR has no generic ddns to pick) but could no e it to work.
Ok. With the domain address, username and password from no-ip you enter this information into the NVR DDNS screen. Now in the Q-see app under ip you enter the domain address from no-ip and user pass to your NVR and your good to go. Google ddns Q-see or ddns security cameras and you will find step by step info

im Speaking from my case and myqsee 8816 is a rebranded Dahua and it’s like 6 years old. I have 14 cameras , which some are dahua and worked fine with Q-see NVR. I needed a quick solution to see my cameras. Reading about the life of NVR it seems 6 years is getting old so now Im searching for a dahua NVR that will do 16 cams AND at least 5 alarms in.
Also the Q-see app could stop in the future when your iOS or Android , windows changes but in the near term it will work.

as far as security you can heed others on here but opening a couple odd ports to a NVR where a hacker could gain access to my home network is not a concern of mine. I’m sure they can hack my modem easier. I was more concerned that the Q-see admin user account and pass are still on my system but has never been used that I can see in the logs.

enjoy

Last edited:

Emadkb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Romanigo1.

You use Q-see QC view on the phone it is working. You can add both NVR (use QR Code) & Wifi Camera (use scan IP) on it. Q-See P2P Server working now
Di
Hi Romanigo1.

You use Q-see QC view on the phone it is working. You can add both NVR (use QR Code) & Wifi Camera (use scan IP) on it. Q-See P2P Server working now
is this still working for you? It is not working for me.

Emadkb

n3wb
Reaction score
You can use the Q-see app in and out of your network. Both both options you need to assign a private ip in the lan to the NVR so it does not change when he NVR or the router is rebooted.

#1 inside. Just pick the option IP in Q-see app and put In the ip that the Q-see NVR uses and you made sure by setting it in your router. Everything works the same now.
#2. In the router create a firewall setting for the private ip of the NVR and pro forward 37777 and 37778, I also did port 85 but look at your NVR system ip setting it will tell you the ports it uses.
Next step kinda sucks as you need to get a DDNS. My qc8816 only had 3 options and one was qsee ish and it may shut down soon, I looked up domain and it expires in April 2021 I believe. The other two options are not free but no-ip is $20 per year and it’s actually free monthly if you want to confirm it monthly. I tried to do ydns free ddns using another option (my NVR has no generic ddns to pick) but could no e it to work.
Ok. With the domain address, username and password from no-ip you enter this information into the NVR DDNS screen. Now in the Q-see app under ip you enter the domain address from no-ip and user pass to your NVR and your good to go. Google ddns Q-see or ddns security cameras and you will find step by step info

im Speaking from my case and myqsee 8816 is a rebranded Dahua and it’s like 6 years old. I have 14 cameras , which some are dahua and worked fine with Q-see NVR. I needed a quick solution to see my cameras. Reading about the life of NVR it seems 6 years is getting old so now Im searching for a dahua NVR that will do 16 cams AND at least 5 alarms in.
Also the Q-see app could stop in the future when your iOS or Android , windows changes but in the near term it will work.

as far as security you can heed others on here but opening a couple odd ports to a NVR where a hacker could gain access to my home network is not a concern of mine. I’m sure they can hack my modem easier. I was more concerned that the Q-see admin user account and pass are still on my system but has never been used that I can see in the logs.

enjoy
Thank you for the explanation but seems little hard to follow. Can you please give us more detailed step by step instructions.

RBurn

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a youtube i did. hope it helps. i changed the address i show in the video to protect the innocent.
I just uploaded it so it may take abit to get HD video.

i checked further and only the port 37777 needs to be forwarded
. i removed ports 85 and 37778

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i checked further and only the port 37777 needs to be forwarded. i removed ports 85 and 37778
FYI - port forwarding is not a good idea.. see the VPN notes...

QSea

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Q-see QCW2MPS beacon cameras. Has anyone figured another app to use in order to live view? Q-see plus app is no longer sending me notifications and recording.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Q-see QCW2MPS beacon cameras. Has anyone figured another app to use in order to live view? Q-see plus app is no longer sending me notifications and recording.
Start at the beginning of the thread.

MGP

n3wb
Reaction score
No, my P2P is not working. Still waiting for my new Azus router to get here to set up a VPN connection.
Thanks...I have the Asus AC5300 that has VPN capabilities. Setting up a VPN will allow stealth remote camera viewing outside my home network? When you get yours please let me know how to configure... Thanks Alexj!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, OpenVPN on your router allows you to access your cameras from outside your home network without the security risks you have had with P2P or port forwarding or however else Q-see was doing it.

Do a search here for how to setup OpenVPN. It is simple, but we make it way more difficult than it needs to be lol. And do not like at paid VPN as that isn't what you want.

I was there too once with VPN...tried to do all this research to find directions and got to the point I just enabled it and kinda of followed what it was asking and it worked.

Just go to OpenVPN and enable it and see what it says - probably asks you to create a user/PW, DDNS name, encryption method, and create certificate. Then email that certificate to you and save the certificate on your mobile device. Then install the OpenVPN app and select the certificate and then connect and you are on your home network.

It really is simpler than our minds make it out to be.

This kinda helped me too:

deja vous

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Q-See Wifi Camera. Model: QCW4K1MC

Without the Q-See Plus App, does anyone know how I can change the Wifi settings?

Camera does have an ethernet port, so I am able wire it to the network and add the camera to DMSS app, Smart PSS via an IP address. However, device configuration (Smart PSS, Config Tool) does not provide me an option to see or change the Wifi setting.

Thoughts?

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Plug it into your wired network, run config tool to get IP and go to that address. You may need to add the port to open the camera config window like 192.168.1.xxx:85
it will bring up the camera settings. Enter your password and go tot settings. The network on the left then wifi

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

HI QSea,

looks like it could be a cloud camera?

Check for specs, if it produces an rtsp stream we can do something with it.
( I do not see much in the spec sheets on rtsp .. )

1613897880646.png

1613899043754.png

1613899089030.png

Ref:
and

Attachments

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Q-See Wifi Camera. Model: QCW4K1MC

Without the Q-See Plus App, does anyone know how I can change the Wifi settings?

Camera does have an ethernet port, so I am able wire it to the network and add the camera to DMSS app, Smart PSS via an IP address. However, device configuration (Smart PSS, Config Tool) does not provide me an option to see or change the Wifi setting.

Thoughts?
Welcome @deja vous

This looks like a decent IP WiFi / Wired camera which typically have rtsp feeds available - so we can use Blue Iris and other VMS / NVRs with it.
Should be a Dahua OEM IP camera.

I'll post info on that camera so we have a reference ( Q-see's info my go to the null bucket soon.. )

Q-see iirc changed some of the port info on their Dahua OEM IP cameras.. so perhaps check those settings.

1613898035714.png

QC W4K1MC

Camera Type. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Wi-Fi Smart Camera
Camera Technology. . . . . . . . . . . . Wi-Fi
Image Sensor Size. . . . . . . . . . . . . 1/2.5”
Image Sensor Type. . . . . . . . . . . . . CMOS
Image Resolution. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4K Ultra HD
Megapixels (Digital). . . . . . . . . . . 8MP
Effective Pixels. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3840 x 2160
Lens Size. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.8mm Fixed Lens
Field of View. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 137º
Storage. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Micro SD Card (Up to 128GB), Cloud Storage
IR Cut Filter. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes
Night Vision Range Up to 32.5 ft

ADDITIONAL IMAGE FEATURES
Video Compression H.265, H.264
Interface Protocol ONVIF S&G, CGI
Digital Zoom 16X
PIR Detection Yes
Motion Detection Yes

REMOTE MONITORING
Use as Standalone Yes
Compatible Software Q-See Plus
Compatible Mobile Devices Android, iPhone
Compatible Systems Q-See IP NVRs

RESOLUTION & FRAME RATE
4K (3840 x 2160) Up to 12 FPS

AUDIO
2-Way Talk, Audio Microphone, Speaker = y,y,y

CONNECTIVITY
Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
Wireless Range 164ft Line of Sight
Additional Connector Types RJ45 Ethernet Port 1 x 100Mbps

POWER
Power Supply DC 12V 1A
Power Consumption <4.8 W

PASSIVE INFRARED (PIR)
Detection Range ~16 ft.

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES
Weatherproof No
IP Rating N/A
Body Construction Plastic
Weight 0.68 lbs
Dimensions w/ Bracket 3.1” x 5.0“
Operating Temperature 14º to 104º F

PTZ Support No

1613898315625.png

To reset

1613899279341.png

Ref:
and

Note: I've also attached the pdf's to support those who have purchased these from Q-see

Attachments

Last edited: