Qsee/dahua 4mp system on sale at costco

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats awesome, anyone have an idea which manufacturer these cams belong to?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@NVR Dahua...

Sent via Taptalk

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A customer of mine purchased a Lorex system and paid me to install it. When opening the IE interface, it was exactly like Dahua.The Lorex software was exactly like PSS. I can even view his cameras on IDMSS and Dahua PSS! He bought 8 2mp cameras, NVR with 2tb for 500 bucks. The images were nice and all, but the cameras felt very cheap and light. They were bullet cameras and weighed nothing.
I think Lorex and Costco basically asks Dahua to produce cheap housings and less grade processors for their NVRS to cut the cost down. And, they probably buy alot of them, so they get even a bigger
discount from Dahua to begin with. So, imagine what Lorex paid Dahua for 8 cameras and an NVR with a hdd if they are selling it retail for 500 bucks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This camera design for qsee looks the same as the cams dahua makes for FLIR/lorex...I have never held these so I dont know how they feel..but its a decent deal for the specs, warranty and unlimited return to costco...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Definitely a good deal. But like I said, the bullet cameras I installed from Lorex felt like it was a dummy camera. Daytime and night image was just as good as any Dahua I've installed, so not complaints.
But just the quality of the housing was not much to brag about.

Reactions: mik

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed the Lorex and yup they were very light weight cheap plastic cams, that was over a year ago on a 720p system and still run fine till today. From the way the swivel and mount look, this system appear to be from the same family group. Sucks as these specs look great for the price. They still may qualify for some indoor environment.

Thanks for the heads up Vector.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed the Lorex and yup they were very light weight cheap plastic cams, that was over a year ago on a 720p system and still run fine till today. From the way the swivel and mount look, this system appear to be from the same family group. Sucks as these specs look great for the price. They still may qualify for some indoor environment.

Thanks for the heads up Vector.
The cameras on this system are metal. " IP67 Rated Metal Camera Housing"

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That makes them more appealing.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a co-worker that is looking into this system but needs to know, do these cameras have line crossing, face detection, intrusion detection, or any other detection outside of motion?

Thanks!

Reaction score
This field is not my expertise so I don't know about branding and the importance of 4 mp but this deal seems to meet my DIY residential surveillance needs at an excellent price. I'm unsure about the quality compared to an all Hikvision setup which is my only hesitation. My total budget for a 16ch nvr w/storage and a mix of bullet and dome cams is $3k. I'm upgrading from a non-HD foscam setup with 10 wireless cams. The Q-See brand seems fine and the Costco phone support and return policy make it appealing. Would any expert consider buying this a gamble?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@granttrotter This is a rebranded dahua system. Dahua and hikvision are both quality brands. I have not seen images from these cameras however the specs are good, and they have good low lux numbers (low light) - better than the 3mp hikvisions and on par with the new 4mp hikvisions (currently available only direct from china)..I say get the system...worst case return it to costco...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is a sample of the Lorex system I installed for someone. The 7th camera is covered up so the secretary doesn't complain.

Attachments

Reaction score
Thanks for the images. Looking forward to HD. Since the QC8816 nvr is a Dahua rebrand is it safe to assume I'll be able to use Dahua ptz and dome cameras to fill up the other 8 channels? Bc the Q-See brand dome and ptz's are $300-$999 a piece. Id like to avoid future growth compatibility issues.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the images. Looking forward to HD. Since the QC8816 nvr is a Dahua rebrand is it safe to assume I'll be able to use Dahua ptz and dome cameras to fill up the other 8 channels? Bc the Q-See brand dome and ptz's are $300-$999 a piece. Id like to avoid future growth compatibility issues.
The images on the 4mp will be even better...yes should be able to use dahua cameras...
" Supports IP PTZ Cameras
• ONVIF Compatible with the following brands: Dahua, Arecont Vision, AXIS, Bosch, Brickcom, Canon, CP Plus, Dynacolor, Honeywell, Panasonic, Pelco, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony, Videosec, Vivotek."