Qsee QC918B question

machine3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, i'm new here and not very up on what happened since Qsee went out of business.
I have a QC918B that has been in a building without internet for a few years and I am able to see the cam's locally with a router connected to the cams (but no internet connection) just using the wifi that the router provided
locally.
Recently I had a chance to get internet service to the building and I would like to be able to see the cam's remotely. Not sure what I need to do and I probably need step by step instructions.
Can anyone help?

Thank You
Doug

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The master thread with the answers you seek...

machine3

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been reading that thread for 2 weeks can't find nor understand a thing in it

I'll look elsewhere

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It's probably time to consider a supported product.
If Qsee/QC or whatever was a Dahua or Hikvision OEM, the cameras would probably work on another recorder. Esp. if they're ONVIF.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
This guy has the answer you seek Young Jedi.

[IMG alt="avspin"]https://ipcamtalk.com/data/avatars/m/117/117036.jpg?1611034809[/IMG]
avspin
Getting the hang of it

JoinedJan 18, 2021Messages110Reaction score61LocationReno, NV

I bought a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E to replace my QC826 last week from Andy aat Empire tech via amazon. It's the exact same as the QC826. I can even plug the front panel into it if I choose to. My cameras (also mfg by Dahua work perfectly on it, all functions. Currently trying to get the cameras working through Blue Iris (bought here) because I don't like Smart PSS, same as QC View for PC but with alarms I can't get to turn off. Using BI requires me using a POE switch to plug the cameras into for an IP address.
See my other posts.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, i'm new here and not very up on what happened since Qsee went out of business.
I have a QC918B that has been in a building without internet for a few years and I am able to see the cam's locally with a router connected to the cams (but no internet connection) just using the wifi that the router provided
locally.
Recently I had a chance to get internet service to the building and I would like to be able to see the cam's remotely. Not sure what I need to do and I probably need step by step instructions.
Can anyone help?

Thank You
Doug
Hi Doug @machine3

QC918B 8 Channel

DVR, analog coax kit ...

Take a look at the VPN notes and use a VPN to access your LAN and view that way. Should work just like you are on the LAN.

DVR info:

Q-See QC918B 8 Channel 1080p Analog HD DVR with PIR Camera Support, No HDD
SKU: QSQC918B

1656022878686.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm didn't the master thread mention VPN...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been reading that thread for 2 weeks can't find nor understand a thing in it

I'll look elsewhere
Hmm didn't the master thread mention VPN...
Hi @machine3

"I have been reading that thread for 2 weeks can't find nor understand a thing in it"

Post #2 on the thread referenced the solution .. :

VPN notes in the wiki ...