Qsee Remote Viewing Thoughts?

kablooie

n3wb
Reaction score
My qsee box system (Costco BF special) is up and running: 50' cat6 cables running from cameras to NVR and 10' cat6 patch cable from NVR to router. I'm interested in using the remote viewing option but wanted to know pros and cons and how to eliminate the cons, if possible.

thanks for the help,
louie

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For security reasons do not use P2P or UPnP do not open any ports on your router for remote access. You are asking to get hacked.

If you can access then qsee interface from a laptop or your phone from inside your home on your local wifi network, Then consider setting up a good secure VPN connection.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My qsee box system (Costco BF special) is up and running: 50' cat6 cables running from cameras to NVR and 10' cat6 patch cable from NVR to router. I'm interested in using the remote viewing option but wanted to know pros and cons and how to eliminate the cons, if possible.

thanks for the help,
louie
Welcome @kablooie

iirc that Q-see kit is Dahua OEM - so you should be able to also do what others are doing with Dahua OEM products in terms of setup and using Dahua OEM and 3rd party software.

Remember to use a VPN.

Also, iirc Q-see uses a different port, IP assignments, and perhaps a different default user/password, so pay attention to that when reviewing other's instructions.