Question about IVS ...

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi folks, as in the title, I have a question about the IVS... Devices, IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, (but even with the IPC-HFW8232E-Z) and the NVR5208-8P-4KS2, in few words, when both normal recording and IVS recording are enabled, looking the playback, some frames seems lost just after the IVS recording event starts.
I mean, if I start the playback ten seconds before the IVS event (so, normal recording, green line) as soon as the IVS event has occured (orange portion ), some frames are missing, this doesn't happens eg. with the alarm event (digital inputs on the NVR), which I normally use (outputs from alarm system)...
Never used the IVS before, just a test (and not even in deept), but ... thoughts ?

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm recording from IPC (HDW5231R-ZE and/or HFW8232E-Z) to the NVR (NVR5208-8P-4KS2), and the issue is present if I watch the recording directly on the NVR, as well as via the SmartPSS.
The cameras are set to H.265, 15 FPS, VBR, Best, max bit-rate 5120Kbps ...

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
This thread discusses it in detail:
Setting up IVS tripwire...
Dahua NVRs motion record with scheduled record skips frames
This particular post gets to the point about "Files"
Dahua NVRs motion record with scheduled record skips frames

Specifically, and to expand on the above post, the normal recording file is closed, and an IVS recording file is opened.
See pic below.
The normal recording files, labelled "R" in the NVR "Filelist" tab (on the playback screen), are one hour long files.
2am, 3am, 4 am.
At 4:22:03 am, an IVS event occurs. IVS recording continues until 4:22:15, at which time the NVR returns to recording Regular. "R"
Another IVS event occurred at 4:23:23. And another 12 second long "I" file is created.

upload_2018-10-1_11-58-23.png

Note: At 8:52:39, and external Alarm event ("A") occurs. This is my laser line that is connected to the NVR's "local" input, ie: an external device wired to "Alarm Input" on the back panel of the NVR.

I hope that helps!

Fastb

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@tigerwillow1 @Fastb
Thanks a lot guys, very useful info ! On the NVR's I have installed the latest firmware (released on 2018-05-30) as well as on all IPC's ...
I loose, at least, one frames (and not always), but after having took a brief look at the 3d's you linked, I can live with it...
I normally use the alarm inputs (dedicated outputs from alarm system with DT outdoor detectors), and with regular and alarm recordings, the playback seems fluent. This has been my (I believe) second test with IVS, so, sorry for the basic questions ... :)