Question on mobile app for multiple camera types

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
I apologize if this belongs in a different forum/sub-forum, but I couldn't really figure out the best place to post this (problem #1 :)). I'm relatively new to the cameras, but I know some networking, etc, and I've been able to get some decent results. Most of my cameras are just for checking in on the furry ones in my family, so it's not a full blown set up and I have cams inside and out. Unfortunately, before I found this forum, I made some uneducated cam purchases and have quite a few different brands. I'd like to make use of them until they eventually blow up. I have a Wanscam and a Sricam dome type wireless cam, two Foscam indoor 8918 wireless cams, and I just purchased one of the 2MP Huisun 10x bullet wired cams (which I don't know about durability, but it's pretty great based on what I've used to). First of all, I can access all of the cameras via ip address from my desktop and I'm trying to use an app on iOS. A while back, I bought the Foscam app and I really liked the layout and design of it. I was able to get to the Foscam's and also the Wanscam. However, I haven't gotten the Sricam or the Huisun to work, which I can understand since it's made by Foscam. I've looked around the forum and I've seen a few recommendations on mobile ip cam viewer apps. People seem to have the most luck with IP camviewer, which I purchased a while back as well, but I haven't had much success with it. First I liked how the Foscam app had a local and remote address for each cam. From what I can tell (and it may be a setting or something I'm doing wrong), but it only seems to allow one address per camera. And even when it seems like the cam is listed in the choice, I can't seem to get it to work. Are there any suggestions on the best way to get all of these cams on one app? And if it's IP camviewer, how should I handle each brand? The Foscam app seemed light years easier than the IP camviewer app, although I'm sure that has something to do with just handling one brand. Thanks for your time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If your external ip address works fine within your network, there is no need to also enter your internal ip.
What is the issue with ip cam viewer?

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I played around with it for a while and I've actually been able to get it working pretty well. The only one I'm having problems with is the Huisun. I searched the forum, but couldn't find any info on IP camviewer and the Huisun. What is the best way to add that cam? Is there a comparable manufacturer to use, or just generic URL? Thanks.

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
May I recommend the excellent tinyCam Monitor PRO? Of course try the free version first and see whether the Huisun can be made to work. I can already tell you it is not in the app's manufacturers list, but if it is really ONVIF compliant, it should be recognised by this app. The generic RTSP url should work as well.

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
I took a look around and I could only find the Baby Monitor app by Tiny Solutions LLC. I have iOS 9. Is that app just for android?

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
I had some luck adding everything to IP camviewer except the Huisun. I did add it a couple ways (generic RTSP url & as a ONVIF cam), and it would show up initially and with the test option, but if I clicked on it and tried to access it by itself, it seems to hang the whole app. And even when it does go to it every now and then, I really can't do anything like zoom, pan, or anything. Any thoughts/suggestions :wondering:

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I took a look around and I could only find the Baby Monitor app by Tiny Solutions LLC. I have iOS 9. Is that app just for android?
Yes I am afraid it is not available on iOS, which is a shame because it is the best app I have used for anything in a long time, and I got the PRO version for free during an Amazon promotion.

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have any additional thoughts on the mobile app? I tried IP cam viewer but didn't like it at all. The response of the pan tilt function was soooo slow. The Foscam app not even using a Foscam IP cam was still 1000 times better but doesn't have all the cameras. I've been buying apps trying to find anything g that will work with my cams. I just did icam pro that doesn't seem to do what it says it will. Is there ANYONE out there who has the ability to create an app that would fit my needs or wants. I don't even mind paying someone for their time. I just want something that will work finally.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any additional thoughts on the mobile app? I tried IP cam viewer but didn't like it at all. The response of the pan tilt function was soooo slow. The Foscam app not even using a Foscam IP cam was still 1000 times better but doesn't have all the cameras. I've been buying apps trying to find anything g that will work with my cams. I just did icam pro that doesn't seem to do what it says it will. Is there ANYONE out there who has the ability to create an app that would fit my needs or wants. I don't even mind paying someone for their time. I just want something that will work finally.
try tinycam pro (android only)

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I should clarify that I would need this solution for iOS. I wish they had a version for the iPhone. Does anyone know why they decided not to go through the App Store, but put out a baby monitor app for the iPhone? Seems odd.

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have any additional thoughts on a good iOSmobile app? I thought I saw somewherethat the person behind Tinycam Pro for android was planning on putting somethingout for iOS at the beginning of this year. Or are there any new apps out there that might work with multiple cameratypes. It’s getting a little frustratingtrying to use all my cameras in one app. I don’t even really think the paid version of IP Cam Viewer is thatgreat. Maybe I’m using it wrong, but Ican only get three of my cameras to work with it (Focscam & Wanscam) and Ican’t get the Sricam (doesn’t work at all) or the Huisun (shows up but won’t beactive if I make it active camera in the window) to work. Also, if I try to use the finger drag methodto move the camera, it says pan/zoom initiated and it barely moves. Seems really lacking for a paid app, but that’sjust me….

ben123

n3wb
Reaction score
You should add the "IP Camera Monitor" app to the list. I use this app to monitor my office when I am away. I have already setup cameras in the Windows PC software "Security Monitor Pro" and I watch the cams remotely using the Android app. I can easily control recording and monitoring. It's nicely designed and easy to use. It also supports a wide range of IP cameras and works well with all onvif cameras.