Questions about the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Before too long I will be installing a new system and the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I has been the recommended camera to this point. One of my locations for a camera will be mounted on the SW corner of my house with no eve to protect it from weather. It will be facing pretty much east so it won't be looking directly into the prevailing direction that most of our weather comes from. My question is, is it weatherproof enough to withstand direct rainfall, ice and snow?

Another thing I'm interested to know, if any of you have this camera and wouldn't mind posting some still images and video from it both day and night (IR) or with available night light I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm really looking forward to getting this all set up but I'm trying to make sure and do my due diligence before buying everything. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Before too long I will be installing a new system and the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I has been the recommended camera to this point. One of my locations for a camera will be mounted on the SW corner of my house with no eve to protect it from weather. It will be facing pretty much east so it won't be looking directly into the prevailing direction that most of our weather comes from. My question is, is it weatherproof enough to withstand direct rainfall, ice and snow?

Another thing I'm interested to know, if any of you have this camera and wouldn't mind posting some still images and video from it both day and night (IR) or with available night light I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm really looking forward to getting this all set up but I'm trying to make sure and do my due diligence before buying everything. Thanks!
Yes, it will withstand direct rain...I would recommend going with the 2332 turret..its a better camera in every way over the 2032 bullet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman... are you talking about this one? http://www.amazon.com/Hikvision-DS-2CD2332-I-Turret-Network-Camera/dp/B00GYHEG0S

What things does it do better than the 2032? Can it be mounted sideways where the mount is attached to the siding?
Yes, that is the camera. It can be mounted to a wall/siding as the ball is three axis...it has better IR, more vandal resistant (its really easy to push a bullet), it will have slightly less issues with spider webs because of the separate IR, and looks much better (that is subjective, but to me it does). It is also available with a 2.8mm lens which is not an option on the bullet.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

steve6690

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I fitted a 2332 on the back my garage last week. Much better than the 2132 I have on the front. Much reduced issues with spider webs and the IR led is very subtle. The night image seems slightly clearer too. I'm ordering another one in the next few days.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman and @steve6690, I really appreciate the advice. My goal is to have two cameras, wired to a POE switch on my LAN and then monitored using Sighthound via LAN and WAN. Ideally I would like access via my computer or iPhone. Motion detection with alerts is critical so I'm hopeful Sighthound will fill the bill there.

I still would like to see some video or stills from the Hikvision camera if anyone can provide them. What would a 2.8mm vs. a 4.0mm lens get me? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 had posted an image comparing lenses... Not sure where it is..

Sent via Taptalk

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @bp2008. Is this from a 2032 or 2332?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Every camera in the image is labeled... I only have one 2332 though in case that helps.
Sorry! I completely looked right past that and at the image itself. Thanks again.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@steve6690... thanks for sharing that video! That quality is really impressive. I can't wait to get started with my setup. Right now it's just WAY too hot to get in the attic to run cables!

Question... does the 2.8mm give a wider field of view than the 4.0mm?

steve6690

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No problem. Yes, the 2.8 is slightly wider than the 4mm. There is a link to a website somewhere on here where you can calculate which lens is best for your application. I've lost the link but I'm sure someone else knows it. In the meantime I'll try and find it.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I fitted a 2332 on the back my garage last week. Much better than the 2132 I have on the front. Much reduced issues with spider webs and the IR led is very subtle. The night image seems slightly clearer too. I'm ordering another one in the next few days.
Just watched your video. Quality seems fantastic, and indeed better than the 2132 I have. Now you have me tempted on buying one, although I still prefer the way the 2132 looks. Bit more stealth.

steve6690

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The 2132 is definitely a bit more "stealth". I want any potential criminals to see the camera when they look over my back gate so I don't mind that the 2332 is a bit more "in your face". I have intrusion detection set up on the gate so I've got their image recorded before they even open the latch.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 2132 is definitely a bit more "stealth". I want any potential criminals to see the camera when they look over my back gate so I don't mind that the 2332 is a bit more "in your face". I have intrusion detection set up on the gate so I've got their image recorded before they even open the latch.
Your 2132 on YouTube seems much sharper throughout the entire screen vs. mine. Do you mind sharing your settings? I'm getting very frustrated at mine!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So I've pretty much decided on buying the 2.8mm Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I. I know it's very important that I buy the US model... so my question is what do I look for when searching Amazon, Ebay and other online vendors to ensure I'm buying the US model? Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I've pretty much decided on buying the 2.8mm Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I. I know it's very important that I buy the US model... so my question is what do I look for when searching Amazon, Ebay and other online vendors to ensure I'm buying the US model? Thanks!
Aside from a few specific vendors you will most likely be getting a china region camera. If you dont plan on updating firmware - for example if its your using a vms and will not be port forwarding your cameras etc..then its not that big a deal...Note if you are going to run the camera in 2mp mode then milkisbad has those on sale...
You can ask the vendor and specify US region and make sure to test it via telnet when you get it.