R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

rdv0011

n3wb
Reaction score
Alastair,
Thanks a lot for you fix. I have managed to flash 2cd2032 with V5.2.5 build 141201 using brickfix, unfortunately no version other than that worked for me. Also there is one strange bug with this version. I cannot pick a firmware file because the file selection window is not shown when the browse button is pressed. Do you know if it is possible to switch to minimal interface in the telnet to enable tftp?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know if it is possible to switch to minimal interface in the telnet to enable tftp?
Yes, the command at the shell is :
Code:
/usr/sbin/set_sysflag -m 1
/sbin/reboot
I cannot pick a firmware file because the file selection window is not shown when the browse button is pressed.
Odd.
Normally I'd say that there is no webcomponents loaded in IE11 for that symptom - but presumably you've been OK with other cameras.

bamus

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright, add another one to the list of people that flashed the wrong firmware. The patient is a 2532F-IWS that was running 5.3.0_150513.
I can't make it through the first phase of the de-bricking process though. The camera seems to be in some sort of bootloop. The IR leds come on and go out a few seconds later, come on again, etc.
When I ping the 192.0.0.64 IP (PC is .128) I get a response every few seconds, for about three packets, followed by time-outs. Is it supposed to pick up on the TFTP server in that short time frame?
If so, it might be the TFTP server that isn't working. When I open it (Windows FW off), it seems to be running but there's nothing in the logs that says 'initiated' like mentioned before in this thread.
I am using a newer version (4.52), that has only one executable for client/server/syslog/DNS/...

My setup: Pc with Win 10 connected to PoE switch set to 192.0.0.128; cam connected to same PoE switch.

Any hints as to where to look now are much appreciated!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to run the Hikvision tftp updater tool.
A standard tftp server will not work for that initial installation.
Check out the resources and references.

bamus

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to run the Hikvision tftp updater tool.
A standard tftp server will not work for that initial installation.
Check out the resources and references.
Alright, that was a solid case of RTFM. :)
Thanks you, back up and running now! Much appreciated!

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all
I have a DS-2CD2032 and DS-2CD2035 cameras buy from china with multilanguage. Chines seller tell me that i can not update firmware because after that camera stop working. Is any chance to hack firmware and i can update firmware in my cameras ???

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2032 can be modded and fully updated with the brickfixV2 tool.
The DS-2CD2035 is not an R0 camera so that method does not apply.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2032 can be modded and fully updated with the brickfixV2 tool.
The DS-2CD2035 is not an R0 camera so that method does not apply.
But can you write me step by step how i can do it on DS-2CD2032 ?

And it is also can use on came which some people write thta Hikvision from china is a clone and it is not original. I also can use it on this camera ?

Last edited:

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But also if it is clone ? With multilanguage ?

And after update FW it also be working with my NVR DS-7608N-E2/8P also from china with not upgradeable FW ? Is any solution to hack FW also for NVR ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
They are not clones, but Hikvision Chinese cameras running firmware that makes them appear to be English. Until they are upgraded with stock EN firmware in which case they become 'bricked'.
The brickfixV2 tool will convert permanently to English.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But I have no Chinese language. I have in this camera multilang. .

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But I have no Chinese language. I have in this camera multilang. .
If the seller said you cannot update the firmware as the camera would stop working - it is likely that you have a Chinese camera with modified firmware to make it have English / Multi-language menus.
If you updated with the stock (Hikvision) firmware, the camera would revert to its Chinese language or stop working.
For those type of cameras - the brickfixV2 tool will convert permanently to English and the stock (Hikvision) firmware can be used with no problems.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thanks but is any solution also for NVR DS-7608N-E2/8P also with multilang usage and without option update?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks but is any solution also for NVR DS-7608N-E2/8P also with multilang usage and without option update?
That's a Chinese NVR that will need modified ('hacked to English') firmware to provide English / Multi-language operation.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But you can do it? I think hack NVR to we can update official firmware...

And for Camera...
After your manual, and write official FW, when new FW will be relased then we can put in by webgui ?

Last edited: